Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angels have no wings

Still Waters

Angels exist but do not have wings and are more like shards of light, at least according to a top Catholic Church "angelologist" who says the heavenly beings are now back in vogue thanks to New Age religions.

http://www.rawstory....c-angelologist/

• Like 1

I believe in wings, but not angels.

• Like 7

Biblically, Angels (as in, messengers of God) were indeed wingless and "terrible" to behold (looking on the face of one (during the whole Lot/Sodom incident) struck a man dead on the spot for example).

The winged chappies actually had four wings and three faces IIRC.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 2

Well its about time these Angel guys started work instead of flapping around doing nothing to help us rid the World of nasty Dictators.

• Like 1

Biblically, Angels (as in, messengers of God) were indeed wingless and "terrible" to behold (looking on the face of one (during the whole Lot/Sodom incident) struck a man dead on the spot for example).

cherubim ?

Yes I also think angels could seem rather scary because such kind of will of service which is beyond any comprehendable love to human when turns into a material form would probably be something unrecognizable/unknown to a human eye thus would scare them. Roots of angels and man are not same in terms of their structucturing of will and service so their beauty cant be alike and their individual beauties can be appreciated only by god which has access to both those roots.

Edited by thyra

Didn't Jacob wrestle one?
  • Like 1

I am no christian but I thought the only angels that had wings were the cherubim and the saraphin (sp?) .

As a kid some Catholic school kids I knew were talking on what they were taught, and that Angels had feathers for eyebrows.I questioned them further, and they withdrew as if it was privileged information.

Here is the Islamic view on the Angel of Death.

Sheesh one of the basic figures in Western lore and you don't even know what they look like.

• Like 1

Sheesh one of the basic figures in Western lore and you don't even know what they look like.

Only thing one has to do is Google image search "Nike mythology", or "Victoria mythology" to find out what angels look like to Roman Catholics.

Old Testament says that they can pass as ordinary men, but more handsome, and they might shimmer.I am going by memory on the OT part.

Edited by davros of skaro

I believe in wings, but not angels.

I am no christian but I thought the only angels that had wings were the cherubim and the saraphin (sp?) .

Do not forget that Red Bull gives you wings.

Why would they need them? Are they part bird or something? Also demons must need to butt heads for their mates that's why they have horns. I guess that's were "horny" comes from. ;)

Edited by White Crane Feather

Perhaps they don't have wings, but I believe there are angels.

• Like 4

Perhaps when they fell to earth and became Nephilim they lost their wings.....

I learned that long ago by reading near death experiences. Some children that have had NDEs were suprised that the angels they saw didn't have wings.

Art

Those I have encountered as fully manifested beings (other than say just voices or voices and invisible forces) were either 'beings of light", or appeared as ordinary people but with extraordinary abilities. I've never encountered an angel with wings. Because angels can move instantaneously I suppose early people saw them as flighted beings. Actually they move more like a matter transmission or transmit mode. ie They appear and disappear instantaneously and can cover huge distances basically instantaneously.

Didn't Jacob wrestle one?

Apparently that turned out to be god, who had come with other angels in 'disguise"

That might be because it is not actually so basic. There are many forms of angelic beings and also ranks or categories of them Once upon a time any Christian would have learned these as a child, but in the modern world it is seen as irrelevant. Revelation gives a good description of christ in his angelic form, and other angels are also described as having human form, but cherubin were different. They had a different purpose (as guards) They guarded the entrance to the garden of eden and the ark of the covenant, from memory.

This gives a reasonable run down of them.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080814143124AASTBYC

here is amore esoteric version

http://ezinearticles.com/?Angels---The-10-Types-of-Angels-and-the-Roles-They-Play-in-Our-Lives&id=3657756

And if you really want to get into it, try this site.

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/angels/types-and-pictures-of-angels

This is one description of the nature of guardian angels; the form of angels most commonly associated with humans

Visible

Sometimes, guardian angels actually appear to the people they’re protecting. They may show up either in their heavenly form as beings that are glorious to see, or in human form, looking just like people.

Heavenly Form

The sight of angels appearing in their heavenly form is an awesome experience. Angels who show up in heavenly form radiate powerful, loving energy and emanate light, writes Denny Sargent in Your Guardian Angel and You: "When angels appear, they are always accompanied by amazing waves of pure love and power. They almost always appear as beings of light. Sometimes they come as balls of light, sometimes as glowing bands of light… White is the color most often attributed to them, although many different colors are also mentioned in various historical accounts."

When angels appear in heavenly form, they may also have magnificent wings that symbolize God's power and loving care for people. They may also have other exotic features that distinguish them from human beings.

http://angels.about.com/od/AngelBasics/f/What-Do-Guardian-Angels-Look-Like.htm

Wings or not, don't blink. Don't look away and don't blink.

Too much doctor who. lol

angels-aliens-with-jetpacks.jpg
  • Like 1