Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman spends 75 days in labour to save babies

Still Waters

A Polish woman lay nearly upside down in labour for 75 days to save the lives of her two premature babies after the first of three foetuses growing inside her was born prematurely and died.

Joanna Krzysztonek eventually gave birth to baby girl Iga and boy Ignacy 2-1/2 months later on February 15 at a neo-natal clinic in the south-western Polish town of Wroclaw and said the idea of lying in an awkward position for weeks on end hadn't bothered her.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Fluffybunny

• Still Waters

• Junior Chubb

What a good mom, that would have been absolute torture. Good for her, and the doctors that helped save the other two babies.

WOW I didn't know that laying like that in that position would do the trick...

Her efforts are outstanding..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

There's more about her and her babies in this article -

http://www.dailymail...e-children.html

Thanks for that update ..I .enjoyed reading it.. I know what to do now if I go into labour early ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Thanks for that update ..I .enjoyed reading it.. I know what to do now if I go into labour early ...

Handstand?

Can you imagine what power she holds over those kids when they become teens? Any time they step out of line, she can say "I was in labor for 75 days, standing on my head to save your life, and this is how you repay me?" :cry:

Better be the best kids ever :)

Might just backfire though, the kids could say, "Mom, you went through all that, we know you're gonna love us no matter what!". Let's face it, teenagers are brutal.

Handstand?

tongue.gifHa ha no. you must be kidding.. I find it hard to walk up the stairs .. I am that far alone.. it is a nightmare.. I think I would try and lay with my feet higher.. I had to do that before when having Becky.. Towards the end of the pregnancy my hands, legs and feet swollen up like baps.. It was advised to lay with my meet up high like almost upside down... It worked

Can you imagine what power she holds over those kids when they become teens? Any time they step out of line, she can say "I was in labor for 75 days, standing on my head to save your life, and this is how you repay me?" :cry:

Better be the best kids ever :)

Some mothers would get a tad upset listening to a ranty typical teenager mouth off... Some would get feisty and give it back to them lol... My mother did with me when I ranted the same old tune - I MUST be adopted, you never wanted me !! ........My mother would have went - Ohh REALLY NOW?..well madam.. let me tell you something.. Followed by a story of her labour and my birth.... It shut me up lol

So I guess that mother in the story..could say - OHH REALLY? Tell me have you got 75 days spare? ( Kid asks no why? ) Because the story I am about to tell you will last 7 5 days of what it was like just to have you..

Or jut flash the news article at them...that would soon shut them up lol

It alway amazes me how doctors come up with ideas for succesful treatments.

It alway amazes me how doctors come up with ideas for succesful treatments.

In what I have seen, a lot of it comes out of sheer desperation; when a person is dying(or in this case the early babies) trying something new is sometimes all that is left to do.

The department I worked for previously had several articles in emergency medicine journals in regards to how certain cases were handled, that were done outside of the normal SOP in order to achieve a given effect. The doctor we worked and were certified under(EMT's and Paramedics are certified under one specific doctor who is responsible for what they do and how they do it) was a younger doctor and really was willing to take chances when it came to life and death situations. It makes a real difference in the end result for success rates.

my bestie had to spend 8 + weeks in bed after her waters broke when she was pregnant with her twins. she had a less than 10% chance of keeping them, due to all the problems that could happen (infection, and of course, premmie)

thankfully, she had both girls via caesarian. they both stayed in hospital for a stint.. one of the girls longer than the other. now they are both running about like little loons.

Very odd but intriguing.

In what I have seen, a lot of it comes out of sheer desperation; when a person is dying(or in this case the early babies) trying something new is sometimes all that is left to do.

The department I worked for previously had several articles in emergency medicine journals in regards to how certain cases were handled, that were done outside of the normal SOP in order to achieve a given effect. The doctor we worked and were certified under(EMT's and Paramedics are certified under one specific doctor who is responsible for what they do and how they do it) was a younger doctor and really was willing to take chances when it came to life and death situations. It makes a real difference in the end result for success rates.

Indeed, I do recall a story about yourself trying something 'different' in a life or death situation about a hamster. I won't go into details because it gets me emotional crying.gif

The stakes may have been smaller in that case but the lack of options led to a seemingly hopeless response that in turn led to success.

That is Why she is called Mother.For Real mother, sacrificing her own life to save her child is a very simple thing..But the Problem is..Will the children ever take the same care of the Old Mother when they are grown..? This is a selfish world..Isn't it?

That is Why she is called Mother.For Real mother, sacrificing her own life to save her child is a very simple thing..But the Problem is..Will the children ever take the same care of the Old Mother when they are grown..? This is a selfish world..Isn't it?

Most likely.. But I am afraid your added question is a bit pointless to this story.. I do not know why you needed to ask that

Edited by Beckys_Mom