Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what are you having for dinner?

Dougward5

I am cooking dinner at the moment . Fried chicken and fried green tomatoes ....whole corn on the cob...baked beans...stuffed peppers .....and pecan brownies for dessert.

What are you having and what is your part of the world known for ? ...Here in central Alabama ,we cook some damn good bbq ( like anywhere in the south) and the local peach shine is the stuff of legends.

Southern soul food is the usual choice of home cooking ....I can cook other styles and often do..but soul food reminds me of home...what food makes you think of home ?

• Like 1

I had steamed yellow squash and sliced tomatoes fresh from the garden and chocolate ice cream for dessert.

The food that most makes me think of home is fried chicken, mashed potatoes, lima beans and good brown gravy

Edited by shephardess
  • Like 1

I made homemade tortillas earlier today.. so we could have them as bean burritos tonight... with Mexican rice and corn on the cob . :P

• Like 2

I had Greek minced meat pastries with garlic yogurt and mixed fruit juice. Some day, I'll move there, just to eat their pastries...