Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sirius

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,219 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 24 April 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

yet greer still pushes the et bs.... :td:

It's no mystery that Greer and those like him sold their integrity a long time ago, if they had any to begin with.

ETH proponents, people like Greer don't deserve your attention, they don't deserve your time and they certainly don't deserve your money. The only thing they deserve from you is a middle finger. They aren't doing you or the ETH any favors. [/rant]

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#62    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,981 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 23 April 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Over 560 million paired end sequence reads passed automated quality control filters and provided an estimate 19.6X coverage for the whole genome. Approximately 509million (~91%) reads were mapped to the human reference genome hg19 (providing a 17.7 fold coverage of the genome). The presence of ~9% “unmatched” DNA should not be interpreted to represent anything unusual about the specimen itself. Reasons for the lack of match can include artefacts generated during library preparation, low quality reads from the instrument, or insufficient data to allow computational alignment against the human reference standard. Further, since this sample is likely to be at the least a few decade olds, and possibly older, DNA degradation resulting in apparently “false” mutations can occur. For instance, degradation of cytosine © via deamination to uracil (U) would result in false interpretation of a C residue as thymidine (T) and a resulting guanine (G) misread as adenine (A) on the opposite strand.

Reconstruction of the mitochondrial DNA sequence and analysis shows an allele frequency consistent with a B2 haplotype group found on the west coast of South America, supporting the claimed origination of the specimen from the Atacama Desert region of Chile. Sequence analysis definitively rules out the specimen as an example of a New World primate.
Human then. A little tiny human. Not an ET...

Let tthe "fairy" tales begin. "Found!! Proof of fairies!!" South American Lepercaun....?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#63    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,844 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 April 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

Let tthe "fairy" tales begin. "Found!! Proof of fairies!!" South American Lepercaun....?

Gidday Mate

Not only human, but if you have a look at  the link in post #52, that was worked out like ten years ago. ;) And Greer knew it.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#64    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,981 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

LOL!!

The Fringe never stops.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

They NEED ET to be REALZ... :alien: :alien:

The fringe "Sirius"ly needs to rethink their angle on this. Many fringies are in for a "Sirius" let down.

(You can never have to many Sirius jokes)

Edited by DieChecker, 24 April 2013 - 06:56 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#65    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,844 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 April 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

(You can never have to many Sirius jokes)

Never! :D

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#66    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Watching guys like Greer turn the UFO enigma into a money making joke is kinda frustrating, but it made me think,... are there ANY serious investigators AT ALL in this field??

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#67    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

'we have now over 4000 cases of extraterrestrial vehicles that have landed' - greer (sirius 01:45:47)

#68    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

View PostHazzard, on 24 April 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

are there ANY serious investigators AT ALL in this field??

:yes:

ce-5 initiative

#69    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Watching guys like Greer turn the UFO enigma into a money making joke is kinda frustrating, but it made me think,... are there ANY serious investigators AT ALL in this field??
no because of all the ODD people around. (obsessive debunking disorder).

#70    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,844 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 24 April 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

no because of all the ODD people around. (obsessive debunking disorder).

ODD as you childishly tout exists because of these people, how on earth can they be responsible for their demise?

Holy cow, even your insults fail.

Posted Image

#71    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 24 April 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

check here... if you have a couple of hours to waste...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/64655063" width="400" height="250" frameborder="0"></iframe>

fallacies all throughout... kinda funny

Erm, how about "no thanks"?

Probably, but they are very few and often are so engrossed into their research that they do not get the spotlight ever, I would reccon. It's the reason why Greer and his ilk are so successful in peddling their BS.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#72    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,922 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Lets hope that now he has been caught out blatantly promoting such rubbish alien dna testing trash that his popularity, whatever that is/was, takes a serious hit now and he gets relegated to being a nothing and a no-one.... except a blatant con man who needs your money, and is a total liar

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#73    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,256 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 24 April 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/64655063" width="400" height="250" frameborder="0"></iframe>

thanks for posting....

.............................................................................................................................................................................

Just watched it.......it's not a game changer, IMO....but a decent enough video pulling different 'stuff' together..

I don't think Greer deserves the harsh words and criticism that he gets all the time from the 'sceptic' crowd..

But that is only to be expected on Internet Forums.

Greer is doing his own thing in his own way and that's it. In terms of public perception of the whole UFO / ET thing I think
that the Disclosure Project remains his biggest achievement.

Encouraging people to do the CE-5 thing will appeal to some, but not everyone...

The Little Creature in some ways didn't really fit in with the rest of the subject matter...

To be honest... the poor little thing makes me LOL....it's just so tiny...

From what I can gather it IS actually a little (humanoid) skeleton....I wonder if it might have been the product of some kind
of modern (last century) genetic experimentation???? Perhaps it escaped out of the lab and had to fend for itself then died.. :cry:

Edited by bee, 24 April 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#74    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 April 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/...766132377829376

:w00t:

#75    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,888 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

View Postbee, on 24 April 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Just watched it.......it's not a game changer, IMO

I coulda told you that.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users