Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

How will the AntiChrist find his victims?

antichrist beheading rapture wedding feast lamb of god

  • Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46    Jor-el

Jor-el

    Knight of the Most High God

  • Member
  • 7,795 posts
  • Joined:12 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal

  • We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

There are a number of well known characteristics we can confidently ascribe to the antichrist...

1. He will be a ruler of a nation, hence he will be a politician.
2. The nation he will rule will have been at one time a Part of the Old Roman Empire, (East and West).
3. He will be known and respected (if not loved) by the common people.
4. He will  be known as a maker of the peace.
5. He will be accepted as the long awaited Jewish Messiah. (by many, but not all)
6. There will be an attempt on his life. He will appear to die or actually die and be miraculously resurrected.
7. He will be blinded and crippled on his right side after this attempt on his life.
8. He will come to rule all the countries that once made up the Roman Empire, but will indirectly have a powerful and controlling influence on the rest of the world.

As such his victims as they are being called are really his political opponents and opponents of the philosophy he espouses which is what will make him the great man he will seem to be.

Posted Image


"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis


#47    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostJor-el, on 21 June 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

There are a number of well known characteristics we can confidently ascribe to the antichrist...

1. He will be a ruler of a nation, hence he will be a politician.
2. The nation he will rule will have been at one time a Part of the Old Roman Empire, (East and West).
3. He will be known and respected (if not loved) by the common people.
4. He will  be known as a maker of the peace.
5. He will be accepted as the long awaited Jewish Messiah. (by many, but not all)
6. There will be an attempt on his life. He will appear to die or actually die and be miraculously resurrected.
7. He will be blinded and crippled on his right side after this attempt on his life.
8. He will come to rule all the countries that once made up the Roman Empire, but will indirectly have a powerful and controlling influence on the rest of the world.

As such his victims as they are being called are really his political opponents and opponents of the philosophy he espouses which is what will make him the great man he will seem to be.

Where can I find this information in the christian bible?  I'd like to read more in it.  Does the "antichrist" know he is the "antichrist"?

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#48    Jor-el

Jor-el

    Knight of the Most High God

  • Member
  • 7,795 posts
  • Joined:12 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal

  • We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 21 June 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Where can I find this information in the christian bible?  I'd like to read more in it.  Does the "antichrist" know he is the "antichrist"?

Most of this information is available from studies on eschatology, especially interpretations taken from a number of verses.
  • Beast from the Sea - Revelation 13:1
  • Little Horn - Daniel 7
  • Man of Sin - 2 Thessalonians 2:3
  • Son of Perdition - 2 Thessalonians 2:3
  • Wicked - 2 Thessalonians 2:8
  • The Assyrian - Isaiah 10:5, 12
  • Prince to Come - Daniel 9:26
  • The Willful King - Daniel 11:36
Paul does not use the term "antichrist."  Instead, he uses the term "man of lawlessness" to describe an evil person who will stand in great opposition to God and His people.  Paul speaks regarding the Day of the Lord...

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 "Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God,"

There are Old Testament references to the antichrist, though the terms "antichrist" and "man of lawlessness" are not used.  Instead, "the little horn" and "worthless shepherd" are used as they prophesy his arrival.

Daniel 7:8, 21, "While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth uttering great boasts...21 I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them."

Zechariah 11:17, "Woe to the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his arm and on his right eye!  His arm will be totally withered, and his right eye will be blind."

From the Zechariah passage and the one found in Revelation 13:2-3, it is believed that the antichrist will suffer a head wound that will be fatal.

Revelation 13:2-3 "And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast,"

The empire he will rule will not be the world, contrary to many peoples expectations, He will rule the extent of the ancient Roman empire at it greatest time. As such it will include all of Europe, Northern Africa, almost the entire Middle East. What he will have is a philosophical viewpoint that influences the entire world and his influence will be felt all over the world as he influences the leaders of the world nations.

Posted Image

Posted Image


"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis


#49    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostJor-el, on 21 June 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Most of this information is available from studies on eschatology, especially interpretations taken from a number of verses.
  • Beast from the Sea - Revelation 13:1
  • Little Horn - Daniel 7
  • Man of Sin - 2 Thessalonians 2:3
  • Son of Perdition - 2 Thessalonians 2:3
  • Wicked - 2 Thessalonians 2:8
  • The Assyrian - Isaiah 10:5, 12
  • Prince to Come - Daniel 9:26
  • The Willful King - Daniel 11:36
Paul does not use the term "antichrist."  Instead, he uses the term "man of lawlessness" to describe an evil person who will stand in great opposition to God and His people.  Paul speaks regarding the Day of the Lord...

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 "Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God,"

There are Old Testament references to the antichrist, though the terms "antichrist" and "man of lawlessness" are not used.  Instead, "the little horn" and "worthless shepherd" are used as they prophesy his arrival.

Daniel 7:8, 21, "While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth uttering great boasts...21 I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them."

Zechariah 11:17, "Woe to the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his arm and on his right eye!  His arm will be totally withered, and his right eye will be blind."

From the Zechariah passage and the one found in Revelation 13:2-3, it is believed that the antichrist will suffer a head wound that will be fatal.

Revelation 13:2-3 "And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast,"

The empire he will rule will not be the world, contrary to many peoples expectations, He will rule the extent of the ancient Roman empire at it greatest time. As such it will include all of Europe, Northern Africa, almost the entire Middle East. What he will have is a philosophical viewpoint that influences the entire world and his influence will be felt all over the world as he influences the leaders of the world nations.

Posted Image


Thank you, I'll start with what you gave ;me.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#50    issues

issues

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined:23 Jun 2013

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostJor-el, on 21 June 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Most of this information is available from studies on eschatology, especially interpretations taken from a number of verses.
  • Beast from the Sea - Revelation 13:1
  • Little Horn - Daniel 7
  • Man of Sin - 2 Thessalonians 2:3
  • Son of Perdition - 2 Thessalonians 2:3
  • Wicked - 2 Thessalonians 2:8
  • The Assyrian - Isaiah 10:5, 12
  • Prince to Come - Daniel 9:26
  • The Willful King - Daniel 11:36
Paul does not use the term "antichrist."  Instead, he uses the term "man of lawlessness" to describe an evil person who will stand in great opposition to God and His people.  Paul speaks regarding the Day of the Lord...

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 "Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God,"

There are Old Testament references to the antichrist, though the terms "antichrist" and "man of lawlessness" are not used.  Instead, "the little horn" and "worthless shepherd" are used as they prophesy his arrival.

Daniel 7:8, 21, "While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth uttering great boasts...21 I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them."

Zechariah 11:17, "Woe to the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his arm and on his right eye!  His arm will be totally withered, and his right eye will be blind."

From the Zechariah passage and the one found in Revelation 13:2-3, it is believed that the antichrist will suffer a head wound that will be fatal.

Revelation 13:2-3 "And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast,"

The empire he will rule will not be the world, contrary to many peoples expectations, He will rule the extent of the ancient Roman empire at it greatest time. As such it will include all of Europe, Northern Africa, almost the entire Middle East. What he will have is a philosophical viewpoint that influences the entire world and his influence will be felt all over the world as he influences the leaders of the world nations.

Posted Image

Don't look to the future for the AntiChrist,he's been & gone.His name was Mohammed & his followers don't believe the Christian thought Jesus CHRIST is the Son of God to be relevant.The map looks similar although it has expanded more these days.This is not intended to inflame cultural differences but to put forward a point of view that is relevant in todays social fabric.The last line of the above quote states it all."The influence will be felt all over the world"

Edited by issues, 24 June 2013 - 05:14 AM.


#51    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,378 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

It seems like this thread has strayed a bit from the subject, although I guess the way I worded it, invites speculation of who, first.

I don't care who, but how will he find his victims. I argue that it's a human generated system, not alien or foreign.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#52    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,609 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Currently entering

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

The Antichrist will find her victims using Big Data sets and algorithms.


#53    absols

absols

    Alien Embryo

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

obviously u r the antichrist to urself, to say that a female is the antichrist exhibit the pervert wills u r

while the idea of antichrist is about the offense of powerful insolent liar

so his moves cant b based on knowledge nor objective realisations, wat know what is real is the same

his moves will lean on exclusively his pleasures and force of lies wills

to me there cant b antichrist but the christ itself, when the word christ mean a day that delete aldays and everything to that stupid opportunist evil man
so only jesus who knows well his god will there, can constantly act as a man sponsored of superpowers to his persistent inventions about anything


#54    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Joined:23 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:31 spooner street

  • It Is What It Is.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

With a GPS linked to his Facebook account.

[media='funny-pic'][/media]

#55    absols

absols

    Alien Embryo

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

yes the net is the trap way

i cant believe how truth is weak before such stupidity and inferior retarded levels of free wills

they dont mean any but fun they love **** for fun


#56    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,609 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Currently entering

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Why can't the Antichrist be a woman if one must assign gender?

I can fully appreciate the concept that the antichrist is not a person but my commentary was to challenge the cultural notion that if it is a person it must be a male.

On the if Jesus was a female thread I also had proposed the same idea that Jesus could have been female without controversy.


#57    Jor-el

Jor-el

    Knight of the Most High God

  • Member
  • 7,795 posts
  • Joined:12 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal

  • We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 26 June 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Why can't the Antichrist be a woman if one must assign gender?

I can fully appreciate the concept that the antichrist is not a person but my commentary was to challenge the cultural notion that if it is a person it must be a male.

On the if Jesus was a female thread I also had proposed the same idea that Jesus could have been female without controversy.

A question for you...

The Jewish Messiah is by clear scriptural reference, a male. Jesus who claimed to be that very Messiah was male, do you think that the Jewish culture at that time, even if they were blind to the clearly male references of their own Messiah in scripture, would have accepted anything a female had to say?

Further, the antichrist, according to scripture will be viewed by many as the long awaited Jewish Messiah, again, do you think that such would be the case if that antichrist was female, clearly contradicting scripture that is the basis for the belief as well as (again) the cultural standing of that nation?

Posted Image


"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis


#58    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,609 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Currently entering

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostJor-el, on 26 June 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:



A question for you...

The Jewish Messiah is by clear scriptural reference, a male. Jesus who claimed to be that very Messiah was male, do you think that the Jewish culture at that time, even if they were blind to the clearly male references of their own Messiah in scripture, would have accepted anything a female had to say?

Further, the antichrist, according to scripture will be viewed by many as the long awaited Jewish Messiah, again, do you think that such would be the case if that antichrist was female, clearly contradicting scripture that is the basis for the belief as well as (again) the cultural standing of that nation?

No argument here.

This speaks more to the sad composition of our society that only allows males to hold ultimate positions of power and relegates females to secondary roles.

My lack of argument is not because I agree with that being right but just understanding how chauvanistic past and current societies were and are.

Although ultimately I do not believe in the futurism you espouse that entails an Antichrist is coming. It is all a myth recently invented within the past few hundred years.

Edited by The world needs you, 26 June 2013 - 08:29 PM.


#59    Jor-el

Jor-el

    Knight of the Most High God

  • Member
  • 7,795 posts
  • Joined:12 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal

  • We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 26 June 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

No argument here.

This speaks more to the sad composition of our society that only allows males to hold ultimate positions of power and relegates females to secondary roles.

My lack of argument is not because I agree with that being right but just understanding how chauvanistic past and current societies were and are.

Although ultimately I do not believe in the futurism you espouse that entails an Antichrist is coming. It is all a myth recently invented within the past few hundred years.

I agree on the chauvinism, no argument there. It is however true that just on that basis neither Jesus nor the antichrist could ever be a female, irrespective of the strength or intelligence and capacity of said hypothetical female.

That you don't believe in futurism is a choice that assists you but you are however totally incorrect regarding that it is a myth recently invented within the past few hundred years.

And as such I can prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The Shepherd of Hermas (110 A.D.)

Shepherd of Hermas, written in A.D. 88 to 97 and published in A.D. 110

The writer, after escaping a huge terrifying beast with four colors on its head (white, red, black and gold), met a virgin in his vision. "like a bride going froth from a bride-chamber, all in white...I recognized from the former visions that it was the church." the virgin explained that she escaped destruction from the beast (the Great Tribulation) because of God's special deliverance. "Thou hast escaped a great tribulation because thou hast believed and at the sight of such a huge beast hast not doubted. Go therefore and declare to the Elect of the Lord His mighty deeds and say to them that this beast is a type of the great tribulation which is to come. If ye therefore prepare yourselves and with your whole heart turn to the Lord in repentance, then shall ye be able to escape it, if your heart is pure and blameless." After explaining to him that "the golden color stands for you who have escaped from this world," the virgin concluded her messages with, "Now ye know the symbol of the great tribulation to come. But if ye are willing, it shall be nothing."



Victorinus (240 A.D.)

Commentary on the Apocalypse 6.14 - "'And the heaven withdrew as a scroll that is rolled up.' For the heaven to be rolled way, that is, that the Church shall be taken away. "And the mountain and the islands were moved from their places." Mountains and islands removed from their places intimate that in the last persecution all men departed from their places; that is, that the good will be removed, seeking to avoid the persecution."

Commentary on the Apocalypse 15.1 - "And I saw another great and wonderful sign, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is completed the indignation of God.' For the wrath of God always strikes the obstinate people with seven plagues, that is, perfectly, as it is said in Leviticus; and these shall be in the last time, when the Church shall have gone out of the midst."


Cyprian (250 A.D.)

Epistle 55 - The Antichrist is coming, but above him comes Christ also. The enemy goeth about and rageth, but immediately the Lord follows to avenge our suffering and our wounds. The adversary is enraged and threatens, but there is One who can deliver us from his hands." It is significant that he did not write about enduring the persecution of the Antichrist. Rather, Cyprian promised that Christ "is One who can deliver us from his hands."

Cyprian Speaking of the immanency of the Rapture, he wrote, "Who would not crave to be changed and transformed into the likeness of Christ and to arrive more quickly to the dignity of heavenly glory." After telling his readers that the coming resurrection was the hope of the Christian, he points out that the rapture should motivate us as we see the last days approaching. Cyprian says that "we who see that terrible things have begun, and know that still more terrible things are imminent, may regard it as the greatest advantage to depart from it as quickly as possible." Referring to his hope of the approaching Rapture, he encouraged his readers as follows: "Do you not give God thanks, do you not congratulate yourself, that by an early departure you are taken away, and delivered from the shipwrecks and disasters that are imminent?" Cyprian concludes his comments on the translation of the saints with these words: "Let us greet the day which assigns each of us to his own home, which snatches us hence, and sets us free from the snares of the world, and restores us to paradise and the kingdom"


Treatises of Cyprian - 21 to 26


Ephraim the Syrian (376 A.D.)

In the 4th Century, Ephraim the Syrian wrote a small work titled, Antichrist and the End of the World. This and other works were published in A.D. 376. His works remained relatively obscure in their own languages (he was fluent in several languages) through the centuries. Only recently were they translated into English.

We ought to understand thoroughly, there my brothers, what is imminent or overhanging. Already, there have been hungers and plagues, violent movements of nations and sins, which have been predicted by the Lord. Prepare ourselves for the meeting of the Lord so that He may draw us from confusion which overwhelms the world. Believe me, dearest brothers, the coming of the Lord is nigh. Believe me because the end of the world is at hand.

Because all saints and the elect of the Lord are gathered together before the Tribulation which is about to come, and are taken to the Lord in order that they may not see at anytime the confusion that overwhelms the world because of our sins. And so, brothers most dear to me, it is the eleventh hour and the end of this world comes to the harvest and [to the] angels’ hands awaiting the empire of the kingdom of our Lord.

When, therefore, the end of the world comes, that abominable, lying and murderous one who is born from the tribe of Dan [comes] . . . conceived from the seed of man and from a most vile [woman] mixed with an evil or worthless spirit.

Therefore, when he receives the kingdom, he orders the Temple of God to be rebuilt for himself, which is in Jerusalem; who, after coming into it, shall sit as God in order that he may be adored by all nations.

Then all people from everywhere shall flock together by him, and the holy city shall be trampled on by the nations for 42 months. [This is] just as the holy apostle says in the Apocalypse, which becomes three and a half years—1,260 days.

Then, when the three and a half years have been completed, the time of Antichrist through whom [Satan] will have seduced the whole world, after the resurrection of the two prophets, in the hour which the world does not know and on the day which the enemy or son of perdition does not know, will come the sign of the Son of Man. And coming forward, the Lord shall appear with great power and much majesty with the sign of the word of salvation going before Him.


Origen was the first to become discouraged with prophecy, turn from a literal interpretation of the Bible and espouse an allegorical method of interpretation. Only with the Reformation some 400 years ago did theologians begin to return to a literal interpretation which espouses the futurism you don't believe in.

Interesting that it has taken over 1.500 years to return to the biblical roots which our forefathers in faith abandoned in the 3rd century.

Edited by Jor-el, 26 June 2013 - 08:40 PM.

Posted Image


"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis


#60    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,609 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Currently entering

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Quote

As a system, dispensationalism is expounded in the writings of John Nelson Darby (18001882) and the Plymouth Brethren movement, and propagated through works such as Cyrus Scofield's Scofield Reference Bible. The theology of dispensationalism consists of a distinctive eschatological end times perspective, as all dispensationalists hold to premillennialism and most hold to a pretribulation rapture. Dispensationalists believe that the nation of Israel is distinct from the Christian Church, and that God has yet to fulfill his promises to national Israel. These promises include the land promises, which in the future world to come result in a millennial kingdom and Third Temple where Christ, upon his return, will rule the world from Jerusalem for a thousand years. In other areas of theology, dispensationalists hold to a wide range of beliefs within the evangelical and fundamentalist spectrum.

http://en.wikipedia....spensationalism

Quote

During the Middle Ages and the Reformation, futuristic interpretations were virtually non-existent, however.

http://en.wikipedia....m_(Christianity)

So while one understands their views another can understand at what point in history did people introduce or reintroduce (this speaks to your post above) that view.

See, not all Christians believed this view of futurism in the past and not all believe it today.

Edited by The world needs you, 26 June 2013 - 08:41 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users