Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Very quick question

JohnnyBoyC

Ok i know there is a mathematical formula that supposedly predict the armageddon (from Revelations maybe)

I know it was like

The number of apostles times the number of ________. or somthing like that

what was the formula? I cant find it on google.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnnyBoyC

• Irish

• mako

• ShaunZero

Relax, guy. As several threads have explained here on UM, the Aocolypse/Armageeddon related by John of Patmos was supposed to have occured in his lifetime. That's what the Bible really says. Didn't happen, false prophecy.

Relax, guy. As several threads have explained here on UM, the Aocolypse/Armageeddon related by John of Patmos was supposed to have occured in his lifetime. That's what the Bible really says. Didn't happen, false prophecy.

Yep and 2012 nothing more nothing less, buy lots of booze and enjoy. Never take another mans story as your truth.

:tu:

Oh and the bible I think it's biased :w00t:

edit: spelling like alwats opps again

Edited by The Silver Thong

Revelation is being de-emphasized by both Protestants and Catholics--thankfully.

The Times

... Similarly, they refute the apocalyptic prophecies of Revelation, the last book of the Christian Bible, in which the writer describes the work of the risen Jesus, the death of the Beast and the wedding feast of Christ the Lamb.

The bishops say: “Such symbolic language must be respected for what it is, and is not to be interpreted literally. We should not expect to discover in this book details about the end of the world, about how many will be saved and about when the end will come...”

Sean

Edited by seanph

On taking the bible literally.

One must account for the educational and intellectual level of the people that the scriptures were originally written for. There is a great fear among Christian writers as to not change the intent of the word. A fear that is instilled from the scriptures themselves. Gal1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. (PS. take note those of the Mormon faith). It does present an oxymoron with the knowledge of today’s world. It would be much akin to you going back to those times and explaining the events of the war in Iraq for instance. How would you describe bombers, tanks, helicopters, machine guns and the like?Or from the other perspective how would you describe tomorrow’s technological improvements to the people of today. if I may go out on a limb for a sec, let me explain the following scripture to today’s world.

Genesis ii, 21-22 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept he took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh; and the rib which the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Remember that I am only paraphrasing as a demonstration.

So God anesthetized Adam so as he would feel no pain. And removed some cells and genetic material from his chest. This material He then cloned the first woman from Adams own body to be his companion on earth. He gave this new creation of woman the ability to replicate the physical attributes of both her and Adam without intervention from Himself. So in concluding I would say that we are able to take scripture literally if we apply reason and knowledge as to the technical abilities of the people receiving that information.

All the Best

Irish

As someone on another thread recently said, "Read My Signature"! As you can see the thought of the end of the world has been around for a long long time (even before the Jewish, Christian or Moslem religions have) and the world still hasn't ended! :no:

As someone on another thread recently said, "Read My Signature"! As you can see the thought of the end of the world has been around for a long long time (even before the Jewish, Christian or Moslem religions have) and the world still hasn't ended! :no:

Now Mako there are very few records as to what the known world was like back then how do you know that it did not end and we live in a new world now? :P

Well, I will admit that there is that faint possibility, but it seems that the end of one world and the beginning of another would be noted by the denizens of both and it doesn't seem to have been. :no:

Well, I will admit that there is that faint possibility, but it seems that the end of one world and the beginning of another would be noted by the denizens of both and it doesn't seem to have been. :no:

But maybe it was a secret and kept sacred till the next shift change!

Someday we may hear a loud voice from the stars “OK everyone out of the POOL” :innocent:

HaHa...

Thats not what the bible says at all... The bible says much to specify that it will happen in the future, but I really dont understand why it is thought that John thought it wopuld happen in his life. John may have thought this, but I dont think this is the picture the bible paints...

It hasn't happened yet, unfulfilled prophecy...

just my humble opinion...

LBD

Edited by lightbeyondthedark

HaHa...

Thats not what the bible says at all... The bible says much to specify that it will happen in the future, but I really dont understand why it is thought that John thought it wopuld happen in his life. John may have thought this, but I dont think this is the picture the bible paints...

It hasn't happened yet, unfulfilled prophecy...

just my humble opinion...

LBD

:tu::tu:

Ok i know there is a mathematical formula that supposedly predict the armageddon (from Revelations maybe)

I know it was like

The number of apostles times the number of ________. or somthing like that

what was the formula? I cant find it on google.

There is no mathematical formula for that. Jesus told the disciples that it was not for them to know when it would be.

If you are interested, Sir Isaac Newton was a Christian believer and he was the genius that founded physics and the co-inventer of calculus. Newton spent many years trying to predict when the end would be. He may have used mathematics.

Isaac Newton predicted Apocalypse in 2060

Isaac Newton, one of the greatest scientific minds in human history,

spend 50 years calculating the date of the end of the world. Through

some 4,500 pages of analysis, Newton concluded that Judgement Day will

fall in the year 2060.

"Sir Isaac Newton, Britain's greatest scientist, predicted

the date of the end of the world - and it is only 57 years

away."

"Newton, who was also a theologian and alchemist,

predicted that the Second Coming of Christ would follow

plagues and war and would precede a 1,000-year reign

by the saints on earth..."[1]

Unless Newton was wrong, we are now witnessing the End-Times and there

will soon be a series of wars and natural disasters, according to

original documents from Newton's research recently released by the

Hebrew National Library.

"Armageddon is just 57 years away, by the calculations

of Britain's most famous scientist".[2]

Newton is most famous for his great achievements in science, but his

involvement with secret societies is also well documented. It is

widely known that Newton was a student of prophecy and an initiate in

the ancient mysteries.

SOURCES:

[1] Daily Telegraph (UK), "Newton set 2060 for end of world", 22

February 2003.

[ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...2/22/newt22.xml

]

[2] Reuters, "End of the World Is Nigh, Says Long-Dead Scientist",

24February 2003.

[ http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?storyID=2277289 ]

FURTHER READING

"The Insider" - Conspiracy Theory News

[ http://www.theinsider.org ]

Book on Newton:

Manuel, Frank E. The Religion of Isaac Newton . Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1974. ISBN 0-19-826640-5.

"About the time of the End, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies, and insist on their literal interpretation in the midst of much clamor and opposition."

--Sir Isaac Newton

Wow. You sighted a scientist who's works have been outdated and improved upon.

And you realized Einstein wasn't religious either, right? Just in case you were going to bring him up to back up your arguments.

lol ok guys, i asked my ccd teacher he said he didnt know it, but it was like,

number of apostles multiplied by 9 (chouruses of angels) and then continued, and spelled out a date.