Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious hum reported in Mt Victoria

Big Bad Voodoo

I first heard the hum in mid 1990s when living in a small, remote hydro town in New Zealands South Island. I found it vaguely annoying as it disturbed my star-gazing fixation on crystal clear, icy cold and otherwise achingly quiet nights. I thought it may have been a council water pumping station at first but the noise persisted over many nights anywhere between midnight to the wee hours of morning. Listening very hard one night i realised the sound had all the qualities of a large scale Earthmoving operation i gauged to be between 3 - 6km distant... and so it went on. In winter, late at night, land in that part of the world is hard as concrete but i guessed there were no limits to progress when it came to the mighty dollar. Of course the hydro project had ended in the mid 1980s... but maybe land was being developed on private runs in the hums direction... but on investigation over subsequent days...nothing.

I was reading maybe a full 12 months later about strange phenomenon, i cant recall the book, when i first learnt of the Hum mystery on the exact opposite side of the world in England which in every detail matched my experience even to the high rate of suicide concentrated in the humming zone.

I felt relieved that i wasnt imagining the sound because, one my friends could hear what i was hearing yet one could not no matter how intent he listened...google "The Hum - Wikipedia"

• Like 1

never heard a hum but some times i hear a very long high pitched "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" for around 30 minutes or more, its pretty annoying and makes you feel like your crazy because it feels like it is coming from my head and not around it.

I've heard about those unexplained noises that could be heard all over the world .. But they got all debunked ..

However, I believe there is something to the "hum" .. I've read theories about how that the moving of the earth's crust produces the noise, but I doubt that ..

Very interesting. I'd like to hear it myself.

never heard a hum but some times i hear a very long high pitched "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" for around 30 minutes or more, its pretty annoying and makes you feel like your crazy because it feels like it is coming from my head and not around it.

You just described a medical condition called TINNITUS. It usually is associated with some level of hearing damage. I've had it since I was a teen. Loud music and guns :( Anyway, it's annoying and I can't sleep without some source of "white noise" in the room that masks it.
  • Like 2

Cant say I'v heard humming here, apart from what I hear when meditating.. But about 6 months ago we got this mysterious Thumping that sounded like something in the earth or under the house.. this is in Taranaki btw, about 400 k from Wellington.. I asked the neighbours, they'd heard it too.. I put it down to fracking, but it's certainly something I'l been keeping an eye on, what with all the Earthquakes & recent volcanic activity we've had in this part of the world..

I'm glad someone else is hearing that strange humming noise, besides me!!!! I live in a small town in the Pacific Northwest. There isn't any construction going on in this area.

I heard this "hum" last year too, only for a couple of months, then it stopped. It started back up again, last month. I only hear it in the wee hours of the morning, between

12 am and 3 am. It's definitely strange!!!!

Heys guys if your really interested I have thread at historian of all the booms and hums people are hearing all over the world, to long to list them all here, but here are the lastest.

http://www.historum.com/history-natural-environment/38172-strange-sounds-sky-explained-scientists-13.html

I keep thinking the only thing that had has happen since these sounds started being heard in 1967 was the melting of the ice caps and maybe its the ice that breaking up under the oceans .

I have been hearing a hum sound for at least 3 years now.... its not all the time or even every day or nite. And its never the same pitch or even length. It started back up a month ago..for me. Told hubby the hum was back...sleepless nites again. It's very annoying... earplugs, or pillow over the head just seems to amplify it...shrugs..deals with it. But I also feel a low vibration with mine. And if I was to pin point it... it is underground.

This is in another thread somewhere on UM

All the bees that are disappearing ,,,,,, its them they live in a giant hive under ground now....lol. Maybe the earth has its phone or pager on vibrate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No big deal.

It's just a giant worm eating through our planet. :passifier:

• Like 3

No big deal.

It's just a giant worm eating through our planet. :passifier:

i can believe in wormholes.. but HAARP????

THE SAME HUM can apparently create tsunamis and tornadoes too....

Edited by araxia

This could be a proof that there are people living inside Earth. If these "people" are developing their place underneath us, definitely we will hear and feel the movements because of the construction they are doing. If their population is increasing, it's obvious that land developement is required. Whenever we do vast construction on the surface of the Earth, there's a big possibilty they're aslo hearing and feeling the movement.

This could be a proof that there are people living inside Earth. If these "people" are developing their place underneath us, definitely we will hear and feel the movements because of the construction they are doing. If their population is increasing, it's obvious that land developement is required. Whenever we do vast construction on the surface of the Earth, there's a big possibilty they're aslo hearing and feeling the movement.

what if they live on the surface? What if the gov are reptilians creating the HAARP sound? lmfao

Welcome to UM!

But I have to ask: Is your post serious or not?

• Like 1

Welcome to UM!

But I have to ask: Is your post serious or not?

people are indoctrinated to believe gibberish like this, so of course it is serious to them.

Edited by araxia

I have been hearing a hum sound for at least 3 years now.... its not all the time or even every day or nite. And its never the same pitch or even length. It started back up a month ago..for me. Told hubby the hum was back...sleepless nites again. It's very annoying... earplugs, or pillow over the head just seems to amplify it...shrugs..deals with it. But I also feel a low vibration with mine. And if I was to pin point it... it is underground.

This is in another thread somewhere on UM

There was a documentary about the Hum were they took this guy down an old mine several hundred feet down.

He said he heard the sound even louder down there.

It's like they are hearing the core of the earth rotating or something. They use to blame the US Navy and their low-freq submarine communication device, but I dont know if they either confirmed or dismissed that now. It was a few years back I heard of it.

Here are some clips about The Hum>>

[media=]

Edited by EllJay

There was a documentary about the Hum were they took this guy down an old mine several hundred feet down.

He said he heard the sound even louder down there.

It's like they are hearing the core of the earth rotating or something. They use to blame the US Navy and their low-freq submarine communication device, but I dont know if they either confirmed or dismissed that now. It was a few years back I heard of it.

Here are some clips about The Hum>>

[media=]

why isn't he hearing screams of hell?