Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can someone explain...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

Hello-

So, I've been wondering.

McCain is known to have cheated on his wife, Carol Shepp, around 1979 when they were still married.

Bill Clinton is known to have cheated on his wife, Hillary when he was president.

Reportedly, adultery brings up serious character issues.

So, I don't quite get it. Adultery while president is wrong, but before is not?

What exactly is the reasoning here?

Cheers,
SQLserver

PS- To Christian Republicans, perhaps we should amend the 10 commandments to make it clear that adultery's only a sin while you are president?

#2    Gustavo

Gustavo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

sqlserver on Sep 7 2008, 09:15 AM, said:

Hello-

So, I've been wondering.

McCain is known to have cheated on his wife, Carol Shepp, around 1979 when they were still married.

Bill Clinton is known to have cheated on his wife, Hillary when he was president.

Cheers,
SQLserver

PS- To Christian Republicans, perhaps we should amend the 10 commandments to make it clear that adultery's only a sin while you are president?

McCain's adultery was long ago and he admitted it. He even said it was his worst moral failure. Had Clinton admitted his adultery instead of lying, under oath, he would have had the same chances as McCain to silence the critics but he chose lying and that was the hook he gave his enemies. Thats the difference to me. Its a big one. As any child knows, fess up and you can earn redemption, lie and you will feel the wrath.

#3    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

I would also add that McCain's was a one-time event. Bill Clinton clearly had a long track record of multiple cheats and continued through his Presidency with Monica.

And let's be frank: The woman Bill Clinton cheated with are pretty "fluesy" (not sure if that's the right spelling). IOW, frome one man's perspective (mine) to another his cheating shows he was constantly as they say "chasing tail" and not simply a single weakness of judgement.

Add in that Hilary knew of all this, still stayed with him, and even helped cover it up - now that's a conspiracy!  ph34r.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#4    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,539 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

I would also add that McCain's was a one-time event.

Although that may be comforting to you, it isn't true. He had multiple affairs during his time in Jacksonville up until meeting Cindy in Hawaii.

#5    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

sqlserver on Sep 7 2008, 04:15 PM, said:

Hello-
So, I've been wondering.
Cheers,
SQLserver

Simple, when you are the President the American people assume you already know the difference between right and wrong, that is why they voted for you and that is why you wanted to be the President.

#6    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:56 PM

Startraveler on Sep 7 2008, 12:49 PM, said:

Although that may be comforting to you, it isn't true. He had multiple affairs during his time in Jacksonville up until meeting Cindy in Hawaii.

Exactly. That was after comabt, after being a POW, and before his now wife of 30 or so years.

I don't hide from that and it doesn't please me. But I put that on the back list of negatives because of the reasons I stated here and above and that it hasn't happened since.

Where were you 30 years ago?
Were you married? First wife? Second?
How about a girlfriend?
How many gf's did you have in your youth?
Ever date 2 or more girls at the same time?
Ever have a one-night stand?
Ever get drunk at a school part and hook up with someone you didn't even know her name?

No one leads a perfect life. The best we can do is strive for being better today than we were yesterday.

IMO a failed marriage 30 years ago is far different than a continual string of liasons with little better than bar flies.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#7    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

If the rolls were reversed, I guarantee these Republicans would be singing a different tune.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users