Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird Experience. Need Opinions

phoenix1485

This will sound really strange;however, I swear that I am not seeking attention or making this up, but a couple of months ago I had the weirdest thing happen to me!

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and get ready for bed. The hall light and the light to my room across the hall was on. My parents were downstairs, while I was upstairs alone. I had my eyes shut (Washing my face with soap) and was leaning over the sink. Suddenly I hear this really loud "smack"(Like someone had slammed their hand against the wall). I open my eyes to find that the light switch had been turned off, and I was standing in the dark. The hall light and my room both had their lights still on, so the power had not gone out. I squeal(Yes, I am a big chicken. I admit it with pride) and run downstairs. Both my siblings had been at work at the time, and I had been complete alone at the time.

Nothing like this had ever happened to me before and nothing has happened since then, but I can't seem to figure out what the heck happened. I don't think I will ever forget that experience either. It was so weird! I'll never forget the way the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. What in the world do you think could cause such a thing?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mattk4today

• LittlePinky82

• phoenix1485

• xCrimsonx

Possibly either a playful spirit or someone trying to get your attention like your guides or maybe a family member or something like that. And don't worry I've been experiencing things with the spirit world for a few years now and still get freaked out.

Yeah, it was a ghost. Some just like you to know they're there. My friend used to live in a house with a ghost they named Bob. He'd do innocent things like move stuff and turn off lights. Just smile and acknowledge them (if possible :D ). If it happens again that is, you can find out whether they're evil or not. I don't know why you only experienced it once though, there's a lot we don't know about this stuff, but I'm learning more and more.

Sometimes the electrical outlets and switches in bathrooms have circuit breakers built into them, so that you won't get electrocuted if you drop a curling iron or a blow dryer into a sink full of water. But the circuit beakers they use for that are usually really sensitive and sometimes they'll trip for no reason at all and make a sound like what you said. But I don't know if you've got those in your bathroom, it could still be a ghost.

Agree about the circut breaker part.

Sometimes the electrical outlets and switches in bathrooms have circuit breakers built into them, so that you won't get electrocuted if you drop a curling iron or a blow dryer into a sink full of water. But the circuit beakers they use for that are usually really sensitive and sometimes they'll trip for no reason at all and make a sound like what you said. But I don't know if you've got those in your bathroom, it could still be a ghost.

Yeah, usually in homes the circuit boxes are in the garage, far from the bathroom. I don't know, I've just heard a lot of stories from credible people about ghosts and lights. Could be something normal though.

usually those safety switches are only on electrical outlets/switch-outlet combo's that are near, sinks, tubs, etc. the pop could have been from the light switch blowing out. was the switch turned off? it could also have been a bulb blowing as they sometimes make a loud pop when they go. any more details?

Edited by Odd Christian

HI Phoenix1485. That sounds like a freaky experience. Dont feel bad, I would have surely screamed as well lol. Im no hero :D . One thing im interested though is the aftermath. When you or your family went upstairs immediately after it happened, was the bathroom switch on the Off or On position??? Did the switch work??? Did you feel cold or warm at the time?? I know these are probably tough questions. Rarely do people take notice of such things when soiling themselves lol.

This will sound really strange;however, I swear that I am not seeking attention or making this up, but a couple of months ago I had the weirdest thing happen to me!

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and get ready for bed. The hall light and the light to my room across the hall was on. My parents were downstairs, while I was upstairs alone. I had my eyes shut (Washing my face with soap) and was leaning over the sink. Suddenly I hear this really loud "smack"(Like someone had slammed their hand against the wall). I open my eyes to find that the light switch had been turned off, and I was standing in the dark. The hall light and my room both had their lights still on, so the power had not gone out. I squeal(Yes, I am a big chicken. I admit it with pride) and run downstairs. Both my siblings had been at work at the time, and I had been complete alone at the time.

Nothing like this had ever happened to me before and nothing has happened since then, but I can't seem to figure out what the heck happened. I don't think I will ever forget that experience either. It was so weird! I'll never forget the way the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. What in the world do you think could cause such a thing?

My first guess may be to check the breakers in the house. My bathroom light goes out and make s pop sound when a fan or heather is plugged in down the hall... NOW the other thought is this: I stayed in a place called the Myrtles plantation last summer ( The most active place I have ever seen) During this stay i was in the bathroom in my room and the same thing happened the bathroom light went off then it went back on again. when I figured out how to breath again I went back to the bedroom portion of my room only to find the change I had on the night stand was stacked on top of each other unlike how i left it all over the table.

My first guess may be to check the breakers in the house. My bathroom light goes out and make s pop sound when a fan or heather is plugged in down the hall... NOW the other thought is this: I stayed in a place called the Myrtles plantation last summer ( The most active place I have ever seen) During this stay i was in the bathroom in my room and the same thing happened the bathroom light went off then it went back on again. when I figured out how to breath again I went back to the bedroom portion of my room only to find the change I had on the night stand was stacked on top of each other unlike how i left it all over the table.

I think it was the electrical stuff. I dont think you have a ghost, and if you did, then it certianly would have been more active if it had the strenghth to turn off the light!!

Oh, and I'm new...this is my very first post....awwww

True but if someting triggers the circuit breaker you would still have to go flip it back on from the breaker box.

Could be a fluke, or it could be a spirit. :mellow:

Yes, yes, sounds as if the breaker tripped.. it happends here all the time. :/

True but if someting triggers the circuit breaker you would still have to go flip it back on from the breaker box.

Could be a fluke, or it could be a spirit. :mellow:

Maybe the light bulb went? OP can you tell us what happened after the incident?

• 3 weeks later...

dont listen to the junk about guides or ghosts either a breaker popped and your light was on that circuit or it was demonic activity they will mess with electronic equipment and doors or whatever else

I assume that the light was working normaly afterwards else you would not have posted this? Working on that assumtion I also assume you are female and in your mid teens(I could be wrong). My words are just be aware of your surroundings and observe. Unfortunately spirits of a bad nature seem to target females usualy from the ages of 12 to 22. Don't jump to conclusions though :P it may just be an innocent event, such as a weird electrical power surge etc.. never rule out the physical word.

Honestly? It sounds like you need a new lightbulb. Er, providing that the light doesn't work anymore. If the light switch had been switched down, as in off... then it might just be a spirit wanting to play!

has anyone asked where the breaker box is in relaionship to the bathroom?.....

(Yes, I am a big chicken. I admit it with pride)
...you should have seen me taking pictures next to the mauseleum that I'm afraid of.. :passifier: .....B

halfhandshuffle:ministry p69

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNrFCXHD0k

Well where Im from, It usualy means you have a little freind running around the inside of the roof, looking to make a home. eg reptiles, possoms etc.

Although if your getting the hairs on the back of your neck standing up then you might wanna find a ladder and go and have a look up in the roof yourself. You never know what you may find. Mwaaaaaaah.