Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

200 miners trapped underground in S Africa

miners underground trapped abandoned mine johannesburg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,536 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hundreds of men searching for gold in an abandoned mine shaft have been trapped below ground near Johannesburg, in what could be a deliberate act by rival miners.

http://www.telegraph...uth-Africa.html

Posted Image

#2    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ Eʟsᴀ

• 8,385 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

I hope they are able to get out alive. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,889 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

I doubt this will be a difficult rescue given that the main obstacle is a boulder blocking the entrance.  There sure are some nasty people in the world if it was deliberately placed as has been suggested in the article.  I wish them well and thank goodness they were discovered without too much time passing.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users