Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Demonology

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1    Poindexter

Poindexter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Mwah

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Evening peeples

This is the First time I have posted on here and I am after some information on the Titled subject

Firstly do Demons exist, and if so

Can Demons Kill, note Plural

Can Demons invade your body and damage your internal organs, to the point Medical Science knows the Ailment, re Kidney Disease, but, are unable to cure you

Do Demons protect their Host

Will Demons attack, if they reguard their Host is under threat

Can Demon's  "JUMP" from one Host to another

Do Demons need to be invited to Possess a Host, if so,, how is this done

Does a Host know if they have been "invaded"

Can a Possessed Host enter a Church

Finally how does one get rid of 'unwanted' Demons

Thanx for any Input or Knowledge

PS... Have no interest in the Movie Version of Demons or the Views and Opinions of Skeptics

#2    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

how is "demons" not plural ? well anyways i know according to many reports being possessed is not consensual.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#3    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

Well you're asking for facts on a subject that can only be speculated on. I understand why you would be interested in the topic. I personally don't believe in demons, though I find the topic to still be quite enjoyable. Anyway welcome to UM.

#4    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

I Agree With The Above Poster .. I Don't Believe In Demons, I Think It's Just Projections Of Our Mind And Our State Of Being ..
However, I Always Like To Read About The Subject .. I Find It Very Interesting .. :)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#5    dwn2earth_girl

dwn2earth_girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

• Ooops! I dented my cookie cutter... Guess I won't be just like everyone else.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostPoindexter, on 02 October 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

Evening peeples

This is the First time I have posted on here and I am after some information on the Titled subject

Can Demons invade your body and damage your internal organs, to the point Medical Science knows the Ailment, re Kidney Disease, but, are unable to cure you

PS... Have no interest in the Movie Version of Demons or the Views and Opinions of Skeptics

My opinion (Yay!!)

Ok I do believe that Demons exist. (I am not a Christian or a Catholic but I do believe that malicious non-human entities exist and I can only see fit to call them Demons)

To answer whether Demons can kill, let me answer some of your other questions with my opinions.

I do believe that they have the ability to invade your body and manipulate it. These non-human entities are spirit or energy (however you wish to describe it). Going off of basic physical science everything is constantly moving due to molecules etc, correct? Well if something (an entity) has the ability to physically manipulate an inanimate object why wouldn't they be able to cause your internal systems to go haywire?

Your body runs off of neurons firing in your brain (basically little electric shocks or whatever) and since the entities are energy why couldn't they manipulate your personal energy and tell your organs that there is something wrong, or tell you to hit yourself and cause bruises, cuts, and internal issues?

I'm really not sure why a demon would protect their host. They might protect the evidence of their existence, and make it seem like they are protecting their host, but they would have to care for that person to begin with. With all the physical and emotional damage they do I do not believe they would protect the person.
So would they react if their host was in danger? Unless they weren't done with that person, I doubt it. They will try to hide their influence on a person, make them seem sick etc, so they can feed off of their fear and sadness etc for a longer period of time so they don't have to go hunting for someone else they feel like possessing.

I don't see why they wouldn't JUMP from one person to another, although this would mean that whenever they left the 1st person, that person would know what was wrong with person #2 and find a way to fix the issue. It wouldn't be very smart strategics to me.  

And I don't really know who would invite something into their body and mind that would cause them such physical and emotional turmoil, but there are extremists who have cooked up rituals to do such a thing. I personally wouldn't invite something like that into myself. I've got plenty of personal problems for myself, I don't need some entity adding to them!

Maybe at first someone wouldn't understand what was wrong with them but I would think that a person (host) would eventually figure out that they were possessed.

Again I am not Christian or Catholic, or even Jewish (I'm Pagan). If for some reason a possessed person would have issues entering a church of any kind, or other holy place (no matter what religion) I believe it would be because those places are built with the intention of goodness and love and to keep evil out. These entities are pure evil and would find the places uncomfortable. Evil entities don't understand love, kindness, etc.

The method to getting rid of Demonic Entities depends on your beliefs. I, personally, wouldn't believe that a Baptist or Presbyterian would do any better than a Catholic priest or Jewish holy person, simply because I don't believe in what they believe. Just like they wouldn't believe that a Native American Shaman, or a Pagan Priestess would be able to get rid of it. It isn't what the holy person believes, wholly, it also has to do a lot of what you believe will work, what gives you the spiritual strength to get rid of the entity itself. It's kinda like you have it in you all along, you just have to believe (Corny yes I know).

So yes, I believe that a demonic entity, with enough power, can kill you if it wanted to, either by distracting you in dangerous situations, causing self infliction, or causing an illness.

Hope this helps!!

#6    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,748 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

To answer all of your questions...No

Now, if you want to see what " demons " are, and how they can hurt people, start studying Psychology, and how people think they have demons.

I promise, you will get more answers, and understand it better. Then, you can help others learn also. ( if they will listen )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#7    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,521 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

Evening peeples

Wait your first question hs if demons exist, then you don't want to hear from skeptics. In not sure I follow you there. But hey. Ill shoot.

Im an experiencer not your typical guesser.

"Firstly do Demons exist?"

Yes and no depending on how you look at it.

Can Demons Kill, note Plural"

Yes

"Can Demons invade your body and damage your internal organs"

Again, yes and know depending on a few things.

"Do Demons protect their Host"

Sometimes yes

"Will Demons attack, if they reguard their Host is under threat"

Possibly through the host, yes

"Can Demon's  "JUMP" from one Host to another"

Absolutely not

"Do Demons need to be invited to Possess a Host, if so,, how is this done"

No.

"Does a Host know if they have been "invaded""

Not always

"Can a Possessed Host enter a Church"

Yes... A church is just a building

"Finally how does one get rid of 'unwanted' Demons"

By takeing responsibility for them.

Edited by Seeker79, 20 October 2012 - 09:58 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#8    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

<p>

PS... Have no interest in the ..... Views and Opinions of Sceptics
As you can see, sceptics on a site like this have no interest in your lack of interest in their opinions. You can post a fairly detailed personal experience and they'll focus on the parts which could have an alternative explanation, which is fine, but they'll also either ignore the parts they can't explain or call you a liar. Some will post lists of unrelated facts and declare the case closed. Some will respond only with sarcasm. Anyway, I'm not sure most of your questions have a definitive answer but I do believe beings exist which various cultures call "demons".

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostMysticStrummer, on 21 October 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

<p>
As you can see, sceptics on a site like this have no interest in your lack of interest in their opinions. You can post a fairly detailed personal experience and they'll focus on the parts which could have an alternative explanation, which is fine, but they'll also either ignore the parts they can't explain or call you a liar. Some will post lists of unrelated facts and declare the case closed. Some will respond only with sarcasm. Anyway, I'm not sure most of your questions have a definitive answer but I do believe beings exist which various cultures call "demons".
I love you .Couldn't have said it better myself ,but it tires me to repeat it all over and over and over .
I've also come to realize ,a few people who claim to not believe ,DO believe ,but are too much of a bunch of follow the leaders,to admit it .

Miss me?

#10    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

Evening peeples

Demonology ,is technically ,the study of demons. I've never seen it on a college course curriculum though . I've always wondered what it is you need to do,to be called a "demonologist" ,as there is no degree in it,and Catholic priests aren't the only ones who know all about demons .
The Warren guy was called a demonologist,just because he knew so much about them .

Demons can do many things,via influencing the living ,and its not necessarily through possessing a host .
We are given "suggestions" from the other side,by both good and bad entities .
People who give in to the bad suggestions,either have evil prone souls,or are easily manipulated.
If they are very submissive ,they can be possessed. I believe some forms of mental illness,are possession .
Not all,but some. They make the host hurt themselves,kill ,or even die .

It's interesting how the medical field says its the opposite .Jokes on us in that instance .

Miss me?

#11    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Evening peeples

Firstly do Demons exist,

PS... Have no interest in the ........ Views and Opinions of Skeptics

I know you asked a lot of other questions.  I was curious why you asked this one, and then proceed to say that you aren't interested in the opinions of those who might debate the existence of demons.  If you ask the question "Do demons exist?"  are you really interested only in the answers of people who say "yes they do."  ?

Welcome to the site.  Hopefully you'll learn enough about demons that someday you can declare yourself a Demonologist.

Edited by orangepeaceful79, 21 October 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#12    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 21 October 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

I know you asked a lot of other questions.  I was curious why you asked this one, and then proceed to say that you aren't interested in the opinions of those who might debate the existence of demons.  If you ask the question "Do demons exist?"  are you really interested only in the answers of people who say "yes they do."  ?

Skeptics would say No if there is no solid evidence. never convincing enough for other people.

#13    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostC235, on 21 October 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Skeptics would say No if there is no solid evidence. never convincing enough for other people.

I disagree.  A true skeptic remains open to possibilities as they are shown to be true empirically or through personal experience of the skeptic.  I'd love to be a believer in this stuff, but so far I've not seen anything convincing enough.

On another note, you should never assume that you know what people are going to say.  There are a select number of folks on this site who I tend to disagree with frequently, but who occasionally say something that I regard as eye-opening or profound in some way.  If I disregarded those folks - like Simbi Leveau for example - I'd be missing out.

Don't shut out discussion simply because you disagree with it.  You never know what you might learn.

Edited by orangepeaceful79, 21 October 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#14    OrdinaryClay

OrdinaryClay

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 21 October 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

I disagree.  A true skeptic remains open to possibilities as they are shown to be true empirically or through personal experience of the skeptic.  I'd love to be a believer in this stuff, but so far I've not seen anything convincing enough.

Your definition is the definition of an "Internet skeptic". A true skeptic would simply require evidence. Full Stop.

Edited by OrdinaryClay, 21 October 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#15    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,748 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostMysticStrummer, on 21 October 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

<p>

Hmm.

Do you see anything wrong with studying up on what Psychologists have to say about Demons and such?

Is it not better to  have knowledge of a certain topic in as many areas as possible?

Or is it better to just ignore the ones you do not want to " believe " because they do not fit your " wants " ?

Ignoring facts on anything, just to keep your " belief " strong is extremely ignorant, actually it is flat out stupid to do.

If you have all of the facts, and have everything there is to know about something, you can then start to take things out of the equation. If you do not, you are just going off of blind faith.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users