Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Birmingham stabbing: Man held over attack

Jackofalltrades

From the article....

"

A man has been arrested after a 16-year-old girl was stabbed to death on a rush-hour bus on one of Birmingham's busiest roads.

Christina Edkins was attacked on board the bus on Hagley Road while on her way to Leasowes High School in Halesowen.

Her head teacher Neil Shaw described her as a "bright and popular student" who was "much loved by staff and students".

A 22-year-old man was arrested nearby on suspicion of murder.

West Midlands Police said officers had spotted a man acting suspiciously who fitted the description of the suspect and was arrested after a short chase."

Full story....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-21697693

What's the bet the phrase "Muslim Immigrant" is going to turn up in this case?

From what I heard (not from the article etc) was that the man in question was Somalian

What sort of man stabs a 16 year old girl regardless of race, religion or status.

• Like 4

From what I heard (not from the article etc) was that the man in question was Somalian

All I got from the article in the Sun was a pixelated face.

Though I'm not doubting you for a minute because the features were black.

So it looks like that prediction of him being a Muslim immigrant could be correct but it's not going to bring her back from the dead.

However this murderer so I've been told by the article was acting very fidgety on the bus like he's got ants in his pants.

Tbh he was actually trying to get an eyeful of her like some kind of peeping Tom but she noticed it.

But that would suggest some kind of sexual motive so it makes the deed not only senseless but pointless.

So what led him to stab in her in the first place on a crowded bus.

He may well have noticed her noticing him and realised the gig was up.

I think he might have been oblivious until the day it escalated in violence.

It's like Mogadishu has come to Birmingham.

A very,very tragic loss of life.

Edited by Medium Brown

The rumour going around and I will state rumour is that the guy fits the description of a man immigration were looking for.

He had already been refused Asylum and had threatened to commit a crime such as murder to avoid deportation.

If this is the case it is going to raise a lot of questions on why refused asylum seekers are allowed to roam the streets whilst awaiting deportation.

There may also be people trying to protect this man as the only witness on the top deck has failed to come forward along with 8 of the 16 people aboard the bus.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 1

The rumour going around and I will state rumour is that the guy fits the description of a man immigration were looking for.

He had already been refused Asylum and had threatened to commit a crime such as murder to avoid deportation.

If this is the case it is going to raise a lot of questions on why refused asylum seekers are allowed to roam the streets whilst awaiting deportation.

There may also be people trying to protect this man as the only witness on the top deck has failed to come forward along with 8 of the 16 people aboard the bus.

So basically he had the same motivation as Nola Mckenzie in Prisoner Cell Block H.

Commit murder to avoid an even worser fate which is not surprising when your talking about a lawless land like Somalia.

Though in her case she wanted to be face justice in Victoria than West Austalia because of their differing attitudes to the death penalty.

However living in Somalia is kinda like a death penalty what with marauding gangs and no working government.

But there must surely some kind of " halfway house" to restrain these immigrants while they are processing them.

In fact if the Romanians make their grand entrance and say " Hiya UK" they will have to earmark a whole town.

So if he has been refused asylum how has he escaped Immigration services?

He's probably had some inside help from the people who are protecting him in his hour of need.

Though if it was up to me he would rot in jail.

However if you've got 16 people in a crowd your not going to spot a thrust of a knife.

So any potential witnesses might not be as intimidated as you think.

Edited by Medium Brown

It is hardly going to be Somalia. We don't send people back there, and even if we did murdering a 16 year old girl is not a justified protest.

If this is the case I wonder how many low lifes will come out and somehow try to blame the UK immigration and not this maniac.

Edited by skookum

It is hardly going to be Somalia. We don't send people back there, and even if we did murdering a 16 year old girl is not a justified protest.

If this is the case I wonder how many low lifes will come out and somehow try to blame the UK immigration and not this maniac.

It certaintly isn't a justified protest in any country.

Though in his frenzied state it felt like some kind of last stand.

He could have done something else to stop going to Somalia.

Of course that's what somebody would do if they wern't such prone to lawfulness and failed to get asylum.

In fact that he did so means he could well be part of the bad vibes going on in that country.

But if they have put the brakes on people going back to Somalia then he truly is a maniac.

I don't know exactly the position that stands between these the UK and Somalia on the issue of immigration.

But this guy failed to get asylum and therefore it's quite obvious to anybody with half a brain at what he was trying to do.

I'm not condoning or vindicating this cretin but there is the little issue of his behaviour on the bus.

You would have thought somebody who was really desperate to stay in this country would have done something more impulsive.

Well somebody who had a screw loose or two that is but why would he stake the girl out in the first place.

He came,he saw,he killed and he's going to feel the full weight of the British justice system!

You did say he was refused asylum and besides the Somalian bit came from Jackofalltrades.

Edited by Medium Brown

The latest news is very confusing. I cannot see any reference to the Somalian link posted earlier, nor the failed immigration status.

The police are following the possibility that this could have been something going back several weeks. The girl had posted several comments on Twitter etc about being approached by a male fitting the description of the one in custody.

My feeling is she may have given him the knock and insulted him in his culture with disastrous consequences (maybe in front of a mate who is now at large), something multi-cultural Britain has failed to educate towards. A simple get knotted could be hugely insulting by a lady in many cultures.

Edited by skookum

He's been sectioned under the mental health act as he's unfit for questioning. Looks to me to just be a random lunatic who lost the plot, and a young girl paid the price for his mindset. She was probably a random stranger to him.

The latest news is very confusing. I cannot see any reference to the Somalian link posted earlier, nor the failed immigration status.

The police are following the possibility that this could have been something going back several weeks. The girl had posted several comments on Twitter etc about being approached by a male fitting the description of the one in custody.

My feeling is she may have given him the knock and insulted him in his culture with disastrous consequences (maybe in front of a mate who is now at large), something multi-cultural Britain has failed to educate towards. A simple get knotted could be hugely insulting by a lady in many cultures.

You really can't get the staff at Fleet Street.

So I suppose the killer wasn't doing musical chairs on the bus either.

It's just an other example of shoddy journalism.

But what can you do when your not privy to every step of a police investigation.

So this was a serious relationship and not just a case of a guy randomly eying up a girl on a bus.

Though it would be insulting to the guys culture for being spurned there are other's who might think it's a setback.

Whatever the case it's still not a justified excuse for murder.

He should have wound his neck in.

Do not wish to derail the thread but aren't acid attacks revenge for being given the knock back? That is a question BTW.

Anyway glad to hear he is off the street.

But the question I think we should be asking ourselves, if he's mad?

then why was he allowed to walk about the streets in the first place?

But the question I think we should be asking ourselves, if he's mad?

then why was he allowed to walk about the streets in the first place?

There are various possibilities....

1) He has not been diagnosed as having a mental illness

2) He has been diagnosed but not hospitalised, either due to them thinking he does not need hospitalisation or they (the psychiatrist) does not know what they are doing (which is highly likely, in my opinion)

3) He was diagnosed and hospitalised, but due to cutbacks they released him

Or could be some other plausible possibility, that I have not mentioned

The guy has been sectioned. He may have stabbed somebody but he didn't do it because he was malicious. The guy is obviously mentally ill.