Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Algeria: Five Brits Taken Hostage, One Killed

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,680 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostHilander, on 16 January 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

I hate to say it but if you are going to work in some countries you might get killed.  Really need to ask yourself if the money is worth it.
Understand you, but there are countries with islamists / islamic fundamentalists who hate the western world...all the more reason for the west NOT to allow them in the western countries...here in England we have some we can not send back because of their human rights!
Humans rights which protect the islamists here but the islamists do not recognize these rights in their own countries when it comes to hostages or western people.
Those who have gone to these countries are far too naive if they think the islamists will not attack them because they are working...they are westerners, that is enough for the islamists.

I am not religious, but this does not make me anti religion.

#17    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,141 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

what a bloodbath... crazy stuff man...... the Algerian GOV killed everybody... went home and had supper with their families.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#18    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 13,214 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

View Postacidhead, on 21 January 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

what a bloodbath... crazy stuff man...... the Algerian GOV killed everybody... went home and had supper with their families.
"Anybody can feel like a winner when it's served up piping hot." ~ Greg Graffin

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#19    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

View Postseeder, on 16 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

And dont you 'just feel' ..that this world of ours is changing very very rapidly? I mean nations and wars and stuff, not the actual world...

What is everything building up to? (And NO its not an invite for conspiracists)

^^ Awe really, you're just no fun.
TBH don't ever censor conspiracists on a paranormal/mysteries website without conspiracy there would be no intriguing or off note "mysteries" to explore.

My opinion which I have left conspiracy theories out of at the request of someone that thinks they have the world on a sheet, only one set of rules may apply. But anyways,

What rules it out that there may be a mass change in the world of today didn't half the world wait for Rome to tell them how to run their countries at one point? Change is consistent and healthy for evolution. With all the Continents/Countries/States/Towns/Villages/Streets working to ensure that they are the best/biggest/recognized (part of the human genome is the strive to be alpha) it's without a doubt that come say maybe 2050-2100 A.D. the world as we KNOW it will have changed shape/size/area/civilizations and possibility of even new languages.

I can see it being a very EAST V WEST V MIDDLE EAST struggle/war which in it's self will cause Civil wars/distresses/struggles as not everyone in that particular side will share the same ideals talks of which are already happening in the United States with their governments signing the North American Alliance and their people now looking to start petitions to part certain states with the country itself, In Australia there has always been arguing between the powers of what state enforces what law so on and so forth, even more to the point of segregation and separating Middle Eastern Cultures because of something as easy as let's just say Muhammed's real purpose/history/chronology (Pure example purposes only). Which could easily create a Nuclear Holocaust just over a civil unrest and take out the entire Middle East or Europe (in similar circumstances a)Hitler 2.0 (which could be a superpower birth which everyone just has to "accept and tolerate" B) MAJOR economical fallout or c) Religion. all over something as simple as a Civil War

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#20    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,141 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

View Postseeder, on 16 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

And dont you 'just feel' ..that this world of ours is changing very very rapidly? I mean nations and wars and stuff, not the actual world...

What is everything building up to? (And NO its not an invite for conspiracists)

It's reminiscent of the build up to ww1... like today there were little brush fires breaking out in many places.... society was falling apart because the economic climate sucked.... there were currency wars, trade wars and a world war.  And... and it was like today, the banks fueling the military industrial complex.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#21    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

View Postacidhead, on 22 January 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

It's reminiscent of the build up to ww1... like today there were little brush fires breaking out in many places.... society was falling apart because the economic climate sucked.... there were currency wars, trade wars and a world war.  And... and it was like today, the banks fueling the military industrial complex.

What's disturbing is you are not the first person I heard that from today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users