Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A coming civil war in the US?

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#196    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 02 January 2010 - 09:28 PM, said:

Do you really not know? Are you completely ignorant to cold war history?

Enlighten me.  KennyB

#197    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

View PostObviousman, on 31 December 2009 - 12:19 PM, said:

KennyB - further to my post above, I'd like to start a new thread and talk about various historical events, specifically the rise of the Nazis and their plans for a post-Nazi victory in the UK, Europe and other places.

Would you participate in such a thread? I raise this specifically to try and correct what I consider are gross inaccuracies in your understanding in history.

Thank you.

Why would we need to know these things to realize we are coming to a civil war in the US? I mean a civil war would be a war between different sides in our own country right? It would be discontent in our own country. What does that have to do with the Nazis and all the other places? We've had a civil war before. Couldn't we just look at that part of OUR history?

#198    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• 1,685 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:53 PM

It's not about teaching you what has happened during civil wars, it's about teaching some people about the intentions of regimes like the Nazis and the militaristic Japanese empire of the WWII era; about how they came to power, why they were successful, how they operated, and what the world would have been like if they had won. Some people have incredibly naive beliefs like 'if you don't bother them, they won't bother you'.

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 02 January 2010 - 10:46 PM, said:

Why would we need to know these things to realize we are coming to a civil war in the US? I mean a civil war would be a war between different sides in our own country right? It would be discontent in our own country. What does that have to do with the Nazis and all the other places? We've had a civil war before. Couldn't we just look at that part of OUR history?

#199    MasterAdam

MasterAdam

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

Would this war be bigger than the East Coast vs West Coast war of the early 90's?

#200    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:33 AM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 02 January 2010 - 10:46 PM, said:

CB, You are right. I'm sorry I participated in derailing the thread. I won't post anymore about WW2 on this thread. KennyB

#201    284dan

284dan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:33 AM

If and when a civil war happens, or (most likely) martial law is called, which side will the military and police be on. The people or the Government. I think the Government is betting the police and military will help bring down any uprising. Unfortunately, I think the Government would be correct.

How do we convince the military personal and the police that the Government is planning to take away our freedoms as well as theirs AND THEIR FAMILIES and are using them to carry out this plan? Without the military and police on their side, the Government wouldn't last a week.

Maybe they wouldn't use OUR military but perhaps China's military???

Edited by 284dan, 03 January 2010 - 03:34 AM.

#202    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

View PostMID, on 31 December 2009 - 02:19 PM, said:

Wow, alot of thought went into that.

And alot of Internet surfing of the nut-bomb sites, I imagine...

MID, It makes a lot more sense than your version of that phony moon walk.  KennyB

#203    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,380 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

View PostKennyB, on 02 January 2010 - 10:29 PM, said:

Enlighten me.  KennyB

You want me to enlighten you about cold war history??  That is something that is not my field of expertise and is readily available to everyone.  I think you would do just as well on your own.

#204    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:22 AM

View PostFurthurBB, on 03 January 2010 - 06:04 PM, said:

You want me to enlighten you about cold war history??  That is something that is not my field of expertise and is readily available to everyone.  I think you would do just as well on your own.

BB, I know the 'official' version of the 'cold war' history, and, that as usual, it's a crock of BS. The cold war was only a mental war. At no time, was there any danger of it morphing into a real war. It was a conspiracy between the American leaders and Stalin to 'pretend' to almost be about to go to war so they could keep the wartime taxes and military expenditures high. Both militaries like to play 'war games' but not for real. KennyB

#205    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• 1,685 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:30 AM

View PostKennyB, on 04 January 2010 - 01:22 AM, said:

BB, I know the 'official' version of the 'cold war' history, and, that as usual, it's a crock of BS. The cold war was only a mental war. At no time, was there any danger of it morphing into a real war. It was a conspiracy between the American leaders and Stalin to 'pretend' to almost be about to go to war so they could keep the wartime taxes and military expenditures high. Both militaries like to play 'war games' but not for real. KennyB

You really do frighten me. I don't know if it's because you are ignorant of the events or if you are deluded somehow, but it really is frightening.

Haven't you heard of the Cuban missile crisis of October 1962? Do you not know how close the world came to a nuclear exchange? This is not bull - it was real. There are numerous first hand accounts of how close we came.

#206    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,538 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:44 AM

skipped a lot because of the off subject cold war crap.....

No way for any Civil War in my lifetime....This would take a lot of people , with a leader and well planned execution....There is nothing even close except a bunch of pissed of people like me venting in forums and to each other at bars and work.....The ones making money now , are the ones who were making money 1,2,3,10 years ago...Everyone else suffers , and rides the waves , hopes for the best...The ones with money will allways be ok , and un-fortunatly , it will be this way a long time....
As long as you see movies here making the money they do , Wal Marts making the money they do , Hollywood , X-box's , MTV , etc....You will not be seeing a civil war.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#207    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,380 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:08 AM

View PostObviousman, on 04 January 2010 - 02:30 AM, said:

You really do frighten me. I don't know if it's because you are ignorant of the events or if you are deluded somehow, but it really is frightening.

Haven't you heard of the Cuban missile crisis of October 1962? Do you not know how close the world came to a nuclear exchange? This is not bull - it was real. There are numerous first hand accounts of how close we came.

Or how about when Reagan was shot, well within all of our lifetime, and they lost the nuclear codes and a submarine almost fired a nuclear weapon at Russia.  Scary!

#208    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,380 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:29 AM

View PostKennyB, on 04 January 2010 - 01:22 AM, said:

I can understand being leery of one country's official story, but, you can find the truth if you are willing to work for it.  The internet provides very little truth because you can print anything at all and there is no one there to check its accuracy.  Sensational books and television programs are written or produces for entertainment and profit, two places where truth is rarely found.  Academic research in the archives of many different countries is the only way to find the truth about history and reading newspapers from all over the world is a good way to decipher the truth about current events.  Though, you have to understand it is not a conspiracy.  News in print and especially on TV is for profit and people love sensationalism.  That is why you hear more about stranger abductions and murders even as the incidence of them declines.  Every country is bias and uses the primary and secondary education systems to indoctrinate children to be patriotic.  When I say bias, you must understand it is not more so than a person.  Take a husband and wife for example.  They get into an argument, she tells her mother one story, he tells his best friend another and the truth is always somewhere between the two.  They are not lying, they are bias.  
It does worry me that you seem to believe only conspiracies.  The originators of these conspiracies are often unqualified to decipher the truth and are also as bias as anyone.  Think about those who say the Holocaust was a myth.  Some hate Jews and that automatically disqualifies them for finding the truth because hatred is an amazing blinder.  Others are profacism which gives them an extreme bias.  Some cannot even think about such a thing happening and feel safer to believe it didn't.  Just some food for thought, do with it what you will.

Edited by FurthurBB, 04 January 2010 - 05:29 AM.

#209    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

View PostAlien Being, on 02 January 2010 - 09:35 PM, said:

The US will collapse into civil war when it loses superpower status.

What will happen is that some states will try to rejoin Europe and apply to be members of the EU.

Ehh...I doubt it man, I'm placing bets on there being an "American Union" of the NA and SA continents. They've been planning/building a superhighway from SA through the states all the way into Canada for a while now.

#210    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,861 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:22 AM

Ehh...I doubt it man, I'm placing bets on there being an "American Union" of the NA and SA continents. They've been planning/building a superhighway from SA through the states all the way into Canada for a while now.

And this proves an "American Union" is being planned?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users