Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Woman spends 75 days in labour to save babies

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,590 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

uk.news.yahoo.com said:

A Polish woman lay nearly upside down in labour for 75 days to save the lives of her two premature babies after the first of three foetuses growing inside her was born prematurely and died.

Joanna Krzysztonek eventually gave birth to baby girl Iga and boy Ignacy 2-1/2 months later on February 15 at a neo-natal clinic in the south-western Polish town of Wroclaw and said the idea of lying in an awkward position for weeks on end hadn't bothered her.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    TheBanana

TheBanana

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• please dont eat me!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

that is amazing :)

*~Kay, Banana Queen and admin of TheMostHauntedForum.com~*

#3    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

What a good mom, that would have been absolute torture. Good for her, and the doctors that helped save the other two babies.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#4    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

WOW  I didn't know that laying like that in that position would do the trick...

Her efforts  are  outstanding..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 09 March 2012 - 11:19 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#5    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,590 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

There's more about her and her babies in this article -

http://www.dailymail...e-children.html

Posted Image

#6    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 10 March 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

There's more about her and her babies in this article -

http://www.dailymail...e-children.html

Thanks for that update ..I .enjoyed reading it.. I know what to do now if I go into labour early ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 10 March 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#7    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

Thomas Paine

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 10 March 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Thanks for that update ..I .enjoyed reading it.. I know what to do now if I go into labour early ...
Handstand?

Can you imagine what power she holds over those kids when they become teens? Any time they step out of line, she can say "I was in labor for 75 days, standing on my head to save your life, and this is how you repay me?"  :cry:

Better be the best kids ever :)

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

#8    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,418 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

Might just backfire though, the kids could say, "Mom, you went through all that, we know you're gonna love us no matter what!". Let's face it, teenagers are brutal.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#9    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostFluffybunny, on 10 March 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Handstand?

Posted ImageHa ha  no.  you must be kidding.. I find it hard to walk up  the stairs  .. I am that far alone.. it is a nightmare..   I think I would try and lay  with my feet higher.. I had to do that before when having Becky..  Towards the end of the pregnancy  my hands, legs and feet swollen up like baps.. It was advised to lay  with my meet  up high  like almost upside down... It worked

Can you imagine what power she holds over those kids when they become teens? Any time they step out of line, she can say "I was in labor for 75 days, standing on my head to save your life, and this is how you repay me?"  :cry:

Better be the best kids ever :)          

Some mothers  would get a tad upset listening to a ranty typical teenager mouth off... Some would  get feisty  and give it back to them  lol...  My mother did with me when I ranted the same old tune - I MUST be adopted, you never wanted me !!  ........My mother would have went -  Ohh REALLY  NOW?..well madam.. let me tell you something..  Followed by a story of  her labour and my birth....  It shut me up  lol

So  I guess that mother in the story..could say  - OHH  REALLY?   Tell me  have you got 75 days spare?    (  Kid asks no why? )  Because  the story I am about to tell you will last 7 5 days of what it was like just to have you..

Or jut flash the news article at them...that would soon shut them up  lol

#10    Cherry-

Cherry-

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

• I should have known better..

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

What mothers would do to protect her babies <3 never shocks me

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

God bless is all i can say to this...

#12    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,270 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

It alway amazes me how doctors come up with ideas for succesful treatments.

#13    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

Thomas Paine

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 12 March 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

It alway amazes me how doctors come up with ideas for succesful treatments.
In what I have seen, a lot of it comes out of sheer desperation; when a person is dying(or in this case the early babies) trying something new is sometimes all that is left to do.

The department I worked for previously had several articles in emergency medicine journals in regards to how certain cases were handled, that were done outside of the normal SOP in order to achieve a given effect. The doctor we worked and were certified under(EMT's and Paramedics are certified under one specific doctor who is responsible for what they do and how they do it) was a younger doctor and really was willing to take chances when it came to life and death situations. It makes a real difference in the end result for success rates.

#14    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Now that's dedication!

#15    mesuma

mesuma

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Life of brian any one?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users