Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sleeping and Time preception

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    vikstar

vikstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

Is it only me or if you sleep  too much, then your memories of before going to sleep seem long way off.

ie

Say on Monday, I went to work 6 am to 2 pm. I came home and slept at 4 pm for 2 hours. Then in night I slept again at 10pm and woke up at 5 to get ready for work again. I don't usually take day naps? But on tuesday, when I woke up and for most part of  the day, I felt like monday morning's  memories were long way off and not like "yesterday's memories" in a sense. I have noticed it before as well in case if i take long day naps. Does sleeping a bit too much change your time/memory preceptions?

#2    sumthingnice60

sumthingnice60

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

Sleeping has never really changed my perception of time. I think perception of time depends on the individual and how they perceive time. I don't really think sleeping has much to do with it.

#3    compuser123

compuser123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

Each person has a pineal gland which controls their sleep and wake cycles. Although, i do not know of any studies that show that irregularities in sleeping affect time perception. Too much or too little sleep can cause over or undersecretion of melatonin has been shown to dull the brain, making it appear that time is slower or faster.

#4    Showgirl

Showgirl

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:51 AM

compuser123 on Mar 14 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

Each person has a pineal gland which controls their sleep and wake cycles. Although, i do not know of any studies that show that irregularities in sleeping affect time perception. Too much or too little sleep can cause over or undersecretion of melatonin has been shown to dull the brain, making it appear that time is slower or faster.

and the perception of the moment can influence the memories of that moment. like in times of stress, time seems to go slowly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users