Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection Questions

Harold Parker

Hello there,

I am very interested in this whole 'astral projection' thing. I used to be a skeptic, but upon almost experiencing Astral Projection (or at least I think that what I experienced had something to do with astral projection) I am now a believer.

Basically what happened was, I felt as though I was stepping out of my pysical self, but before I could fully do that, I got frightened, and opened my eyes.

1. If you have an encounter with 'something' in the 'astral plane' and it attacks you for instance, do you actually feel pain? Can this attack be dangerous to you?

2. I have read of people who have been unable to come back to their pysical self. Can anyone explain how you actually step back inside your self?

3. Can astral projecting have any negative effects on you? Health-wise. I am a very cautious person...

4. Do many people astral project? It would be nice to know they are a good few.

5. I am a 27 year old man and have heard that as you age your energy levels are lowered, which in term effects your ability to project. Is this true? If so, am I too old to project?

My biggest worry is getting stuck in the astral plane and never being able to get back... Wouldn't that just be awful though?

I appreciate any answers you have.

Thanks,

Harold.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• Nucular

• Harold Parker

Ah, good for you for becoming intrested! Well, the only harm that can be caused to you whiel your are AP...Is harm that is there even when you arent in AP...meaning, AP will not cuase you any problems, but if you were to get killed in real life, you'd still die...I have kinda done it...I got out and just sta in my room starinhg aorund, not even relizsing i was out of body...I didnt relize it till like 5-6 hours after i woke up, and I relised that I had been asleep, but awake lookign around the whole time...And you can't get stuck...You are connected to your body with a silver cord...The only way it can be severed is if you were to die in the physical world...

1. people say you get like aches and blisters but before you get attacked think of your body and your there out of the astral realm

2. You can't not go back to your physical self. There is a silver chord that connects you to your body no spirit or being could get in your body because of that

3.no negative effects it will actually make you feel more enlightened and wiser at the least.

4 yes there is many major sites dedicated to teaching nothing but astral projection lots of people do it consciously or in a dream like state.

5.my friend who taught me to project is 37 so my best guess is no it doesn't effect just children have lots of energy allowing a better chance of it.

any more questions feel free to contact me i will explain them to the best of my ability

Hello there,

I am very interested in this whole 'astral projection' thing. I used to be a skeptic, but upon almost experiencing Astral Projection (or at least I think that what I experienced had something to do with astral projection) I am now a believer.

Hi Harold,

Having had a very similar experience to you, I remain a sceptic. Can I ask what it was about the experience which made you decide that there was something to it?

For myself, I certainly had a very peculiar sensation; but that's pretty much it. I can't change my world view based on a funny feeling; so what was it that was different for you?

And are you aware of sceptical approaches to OBEs, such as those put forward by Susan Blackmore (e.g. Beyond The Body)?