Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Barack Obama vs Jesus Christ:

MandM

Barack Obama vs Jesus Christ: Obama on Abortion, Gay Marriage and Jeremiah Wright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkPoLjNG3Qk

Barack Obama has been traveling back and forth across America proclaiming that he is a Christian and that he follows Jesus Christ.

But what does Barack Obama really believe, and does it match what is found in the Bible?

A closer examination reveals that what Barack Obama believes is the complete opposite of what we find in the Scriptures.

For example, Obama recently stated that he believes that Muslims are "children of God" and that people who do good works will get into heaven.

But is this true according to the Scriptures?

Of course not.

In John 3:36 we read:

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

In John 14:6, Jesus tells us, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

That's not all.

Barack Obama has consistently promoted abortion throughout his political career. Apparently he believes that killing 40 million babies since Roe v. Wade is a good thing.

In a recent campaign stop he said that if one of his daughters made a mistake that he did not want them "punished with a baby".

Not only that, but Obama also fought AGAINST a law that would have provided medical care for babies who survived abortion and were born alive. Apparently he wants to throw them in the trash can and wait for them to die.

The rest of the article can be viewed here:

http://shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com/2008...t-obama-on.html

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Markissluv

• jaylemurph

• Pinky Floyd

• crtDzyn

Top Posters In This Topic

Barack Obama vs Jesus Christ: Obama on Abortion, Gay Marriage and Jeremiah Wright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkPoLjNG3Qk

Barack Obama has been traveling back and forth across America proclaiming that he is a Christian and that he follows Jesus Christ.

But what does Barack Obama really believe, and does it match what is found in the Bible?

A closer examination reveals that what Barack Obama believes is the complete opposite of what we find in the Scriptures.

For example, Obama recently stated that he believes that Muslims are "children of God" and that people who do good works will get into heaven.

But is this true according to the Scriptures?

Of course not.

In John 3:36 we read:

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

In John 14:6, Jesus tells us, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

That's not all.

Barack Obama has consistently promoted abortion throughout his political career. Apparently he believes that killing 40 million babies since Roe v. Wade is a good thing.

In a recent campaign stop he said that if one of his daughters made a mistake that he did not want them "punished with a baby".

Not only that, but Obama also fought AGAINST a law that would have provided medical care for babies who survived abortion and were born alive. Apparently he wants to throw them in the trash can and wait for them to die.

The rest of the article can be viewed here:

http://shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com/2008...t-obama-on.html

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware presidential candidates needed to conform to narrow interpretations (or heck, any interpretations) of the Bible. I think it was sort of nice when the chief executives thought it was grossly inappropriate to talk religion at all.

--Jaylemurph

Glad you made this post. I have heard those statements from him and they are true. My stomach turned when I heard him talk about his daughters becoming pregnant and not wanted them to be "punished with a baby". So a baby not born when we want them to be born is a punishment? No it's not a punishment but a responsibilty! If a girl makes that mistake then there are better ways than avoiding the "punishment" of a baby than killing the unborn.

I've never understood how christians can be pro-choice. But then again, many christians are pro death penalty. Which I find just as bizarre.

I've never understood how christians can be pro-choice. But then again, many christians are pro death penalty. Which I find just as bizarre.

I expect christian pro-choice is a matter of believing that a fetus only becomes "human" after a certain stage (meaning that fertilization isn't the birth of humanity, humanity begins at a later date, for example the development of a nervous system).

Death penalty I don't get either.

So what if he doesn't follow everything said in the bible? Should he believe it's ok to have a slave because the bible says so or that women are less than men according to the bible. I really wish people would stop worrying about idiotic things like this.

Thank you for posting this. I didn't realize his position on these things. I'm really afraid for our country, no matter who gets elected.

Actually, this makes me like him more. We don't need another president who will let religion muddle their ability to run the country.

I agree, Silver... we need a leader who can leave religion at home and do his job for our country, not the religion he subscribes to.

Actually, this makes me like him more. We don't need another president who will let religion muddle their ability to run the country.

It's not so much the president who lets religion muddle his ability to run the country as the /electorate/ that enables that president to do so.

When the Constitution was drafted, even the most fundamentalist of Christians understood that religion belonged solely in the private sphere*, and it was in their own interest for it to remain so. I'd go so far as to say it's to the detriment of /all/ Americans that the force of intellectualism in Christianity has so waned that lots (but not all) of Christians seem to think not only that it's okay to call America a "Christian country" but also that its government -- in the person of its chief executive -- should actively subscribe to and promote Christian thought.

--Jaylemurph

*It was, after all, for them -- specifically, a group of Baptists in Conn. -- that the term "wall of separation between church and state" was coined by Jefferson.

I am so afraid of the people in this country. Wow. I am Christian, I go to church every Sunday, I pray, I try my best to live life by the creeds we've learned especially the post communion prayer,

"Heavenly Father you have graciously accepted us as living members of your son our savior Jesus Christ.... Send us now into the world in peace and grant us strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart."

That is the single most important sentence I say every week. It reminds me to enter the world with strength and courage to treat people with gladness and singleness of heart, meaning with love and one goal; to make everyone feel the love the Jesus felt for all of us. It has nothing to do with the Bible, with faith, with God. It has everything to do with treating people with respect, kindness, and love. That means not being judgmental, rude, abrasive, single minded, etc. Nothing in that sentence says that I shouldn't abort my child. Even in this last week's sermon we were told that we were the child of God, that the murderous sociopath is the child of god, that George Bush is the child of god, that EVERYONE is the child of god. Whether you like it or not, we're all in this together and all of us are equally important to our well being. I cannot agree with what you other "Christians" have said in this thread. I'm just appalled by so many Christians in this country. You claim to be Christian but you say such awful things.

"If a girl makes that mistake then there are better ways [to avoid] the "punishment" of a baby than killing the unborn."

I agree with this statement in certain respects. Having a child is avoidable, but as a man there is no way you can understand the burden of having a child. It's extremely difficult to anticipate whether a woman is ready for birth, she can die, if she doesn't have insurance how does she have the child? In this day and age women are thinking about the expenses they will incur with an endeavor such as child birth. It's honestly cheaper to have an abortion than to raise a child. That's what it comes down to most of the time. But, for example, there's a couple I know who desperately want a child and if I we're to get pregnant by accident, I'd let them have mine instead of them trying to adopt which isn't working out. And I honestly wouldn't want an abortion because it does feel wrong. But if I had no other avenue, no other option, I would abort. My fiance (A devout ATHEIST) never wants me to abort, he has made it very clear that he never wants that to happen. Personally I don't think men should ever be allowed to have an opinion about this because it's not your body.

The President's religion should not matter in politics. It has never been an issue until recently. Too many Christians in this country are misinterpreting the bible and do not treat their "neighbors as themselves." I'm constantly shocked by it, but hey I'm episcopalian so what do I know?

Wow, I had forgotten how incredibly racist the bible is.

So Muslims are not Human Beings? Since if they are, then they must be children of god, like the bible says, no? And of course, people who do good should still be sent to hell and be tortured for all eternity since they don't believe the same bull story as the people who wrote the fictional rules in the first place.

Fear of hell only promotes fear, period. Gods true agenda, as seen to by the last eight years of the governing administration.

Oh and he believes that Humans should govern and control their own lives, as opposed to giving up control of their life to whatever invisible man floats in the sky? Give me a break.

If Jesus was running, i'd vote Obama without a seconds hesitation. It's time our species woke up from this pathetic half sleep they've nussled themselves into and realised just what mixing religion and politics is doing to the world.

The President's religion should not matter in politics. It has never been an issue until recently. Too many Christians in this country are misinterpreting the bible and do not treat their "neighbors as themselves." I'm constantly shocked by it, but hey I'm episcopalian so what do I know?

Awesome post and a good point at the end. If I ever decide to attend a church one day, I'll make it an episcopalian. :D

Point 1 - Church and State

the founders tha wrote the constitution were actually heavily influenced by the bible. Much of the freedoms you enjoy are a because of that. God has given each one of us the freedom to choose. That crosses all boundries regardless of race, religion and social status. We all have the ability to choose for ourselves what to do with what we are given in life. I agree that the bible shouldn't be forced into not believers' hands, just as secular ideas that go against the believers shouldn't be forced into their hands. It goes both ways.

Point 2 - Abortion

Someone mentioned earlier that as a man I do not have the right to have an opinion on this matter. I completely disagree. It takes a man & a woman to bring a baby forth into this world. That unborn child is ever bit as much a son or daughter to the dad as is to the mom. Since when does the mom only have the say as to if the baby lives or dies and not the dad? it takes two. The reason why people are concerned with the presidential candidates' position on social matters is because it gives us an idea of character. Character can also give us a great idea of what future decisions the future president will make.

Edited by Markissluv

the founders tha wrote the constitution were actually heavily influenced by the bible. Much of the freedoms you enjoy are a because of that. God has given each one of us the freedom to choose. That crosses all boundries regardless of race, religion and social status. We all have the ability to choose for ourselves what to do with what we are given in life. I agree that the bible shouldn't be forced into not believers' hands, just as secular ideas that go against the believers shouldn't be forced into their hands. It goes both ways.

So god is the source of all morals, laws, and order... because thats what I read from you're post.

I support Obama more, atleast he isn't being pushed in a narrow minded interpretation of the bible (EVERYONE SUCKS BUT US! DON'T ASK QUESTIONS! ALL WOMEN ARE WHORES)

So god is the source of all morals, laws, and order... because thats what I read from you're post.

I support Obama more, atleast he isn't being pushed in a narrow minded interpretation of the bible (EVERYONE SUCKS BUT US! DON'T ASK QUESTIONS! ALL WOMEN ARE WHORES)

You have the right to believe what you want as far as morals are concerned. I feel all people are embedded with a basic sense of right and wrong. It's what seperates us from animals. However when you hear "all men are created equal..." or "..all have a right to life and the persuit of happiness" these are sayings that i'm sure we all can agree on and cherish. Why should we take steps backward and/or turn a blind eye to the unborn? Inconvenience should not be grounds to end life. We would not allow a mother to kill her 5 year old child because she just could't handle the stress of being a parent would we? what is so different really? because the baby is being fed by the mother from within the womb? I don't condemn anyone who has chosen this, for I too am far from perfect. Yet I feel that many of you just might have a change of mind so I'm speaking what I believe. Believe what you want.

I don't think anyone's contesting that, but it *is* a mistake to assume being influenced by the Bible is the same thing as subscribing to the exact same set of beliefs as modern fundamentalist Christians. It's a major error -- something I can't help but feel is militant and deliberate ignorance -- to classify the founding fathers as sharing modern religious sentiment.

However, our government is secular. It always has been. (Go on, find any mention -- any mention at all -- of god in the Constitution.*) I'd argue that secularism isn't pushed onto Believers nearly as much as it is Believers pushing their views past where they belong. I mean, to take an example from above: don't believe in abortion? Don't get one. But forcing legislation to prevent others from getting one because *you* don't believe in it is absurd.

--Jaylemurph

*Unless you believe Alexander Hamilton who just told people the Constitutional Convention either a) forgot or B) didn't think they needed god's help.

I mean, to take an example from above: don't believe in abortion? Don't get one. But forcing legislation to prevent others from getting one because *you* don't believe in it is absurd.

If something is occuring in this country (that I believe to be) murder of the unborn and it's legalized, you better bet i'll vote those in that might have influence in changing the law to that which I feel is right - And no I don't agree with the abortion clinic bombings or things of that insane nature. That is completely wrong and those who commit those attacks are terrorists. My weapon is my vote.

"Obama vs JC" :lol:

The only true "christian" was Jesus Christ..........and he was a Jew.

Instead of just talking about this, let's do something. For those of you wanting to take a stand against Obama, and if you have Facebook, please come and join this Facebook group that is taking a stand against Barack Obama and Jeremiah Wright:

One Million Against Barack Obama, Jeremiah Wright, Abortion & Gay Marriage

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8376269966

It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.

George Washington

Edited by Pinky Floyd

Instead of just talking about this, let's do something. For those of you wanting to take a stand against Obama, and if you have Facebook, please come and join this Facebook group that is taking a stand against Barack Obama and Jeremiah Wright:

One Million Against Barack Obama, Jeremiah Wright, Abortion & Gay Marriage

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8376269966

Hahaha... "Don't just talk about it, join our group on facebook!!!"

:rofl::lol:

Thanks for that

George Washington

Would this be the same George Washington who walked out of churches rather than take communion, and then stopped attending communion services altogether?

And I believe the quote you're aiming for is Washington's Farewell Address (1796) where he actually said this:

Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and Citizens. The mere Politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connexions with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked, Where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths, which are the instruments of investigation in Courts of Justice? And let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect, that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.It is substantially true, that virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government. The rule, indeed, extends with more or less force to every species of free government. Who, that is a sincere friend to it, can look with indifference upon attempts to shake the foundation of the fabric?

[italics mine]

If you can pick out clearly Christian sympathies in this, you've done better than I.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph

If you can pick out clearly Christian sympathies in this, you've done better than I.

--Jaylemurph

Nothing said there about Christianity..But then again..why should I care? I'm a Deist (just like most of the founding fathers-however-Mary Washington was an affirmed Christian that did take communion-no doubt influencing George's thinking throughout the years)..But he did say many things that did reaffirm his personal belief in God and support for religious teachings (mostly Christian principal).

Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports....

Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure- reason and experience both forbid us to expect, that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. -The Writings of George Washington, G. Washington, 1796

Let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair; the rest is in the hands of God. - George Washington, speech to the Constitutional Convention, 1787.

He did say many more things that give support to him relying on some 'higher power' for guidance...