Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]The exorcisms of Latoya Ammons

BloomyDave

Wow thanks David never heard of this. It's really weird that the landlord said he had no complaints about any supernatural goings on before the family moved in or after they left. Something may or maynot have been in the house.But let us say something was.Maybe the dynamics in the family caused it to come alive so to speak. That might be why this activity happend to them rather than other people.

• Like 1

A nine-year-old boy walked backwards up a wall and ceiling as startled medical staff looked on after his mother claimed he and his two siblings had been possessed by demons, according to official reports.

The unlikely-sounding event was detailed in official documents after a child services case worker and a nurse both said they saw the boy 'glide' backwards on the floor, wall and ceiling.

http://www.dailymail...ital-staff.html

Edited by Still Waters
Reduced amount of copied text

Only "possession" i see going on is that of one having too much make-up :huh:

• Like 2

All the witnesses have me shrugging a wee bit going 'maybe we'll see' but the skeptic in me is screaming 'WHERE ARE THE PICTURES THE VIDEOS ONE BLURRY SHOT DOESN'T COUNT' but hey that's me wanting to see the whole thing from beginning to end.

• Like 3

Looks to me like the daily mail has fallen for another iPhone ghost app photo.

Psychologists and DCS gave details to The Ind. Star. :no:

Hardened police officers were too afraid to stay in the house after nightfall. :no:

Numerous city officials refused to go to the property. :no:

Clinical psychologists said the boy seemed possessed. :no:

Police officers stood by while Ammon underwent three exorcisms at a Catholic church :no:

• Like 5

Nothing works better than the Big Friendly Gun 9000 at taking out demons. (I know what BFG actually stands for). Cops must have psyched themselves out. An why is it always a catholic exorcism? Do other types of exorcism not work? With all the tech our phone now have we should at least have a decent video.

It only took 3 exorcisms till the drugs wore off.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

Seems odd the only people interviewed are the people who lived at the house and priests, who would all benefit from this being seen as true.

I've read the article. at both places. I really don't think it benefited either th epriest or the family.Certainly not the family as now everyone thinks they are crazy. Something may indeed happend in the house and what I can't say. Outsiders like the police or others who had to deal with the family may really have encountered something and sure doesn't benefit them in the long run or their families. Don't see right now anyone running off and writing a book. The funny thing is the guy who owns the house has said that hadn't been a problem with the house before or after this family lived in the home. Could something have occured like ghost activity yes. Maybe the previous tenants never said anything because they thought the land lord might think they were crazy. It might be to that some dynamic in the family between parent and the kids set the whole thing off as well as anything they might have done that awakend something that was dormant. Really had to tell but certainly a weird case.

• Like 4

I love it how people just shrug this off as untrue

• Like 5

I've seen a ghost before so I'm not going to say this can't be true. Too many witnesses to shrug it off and say we didn't have good enough pictures so it must be fake. Do people lie about stuff like this, yes but people lie about most anything but it still doesn't mean its always a lie.

• Like 4

http://doubtfulnews....-to-hold-it-up/

Doubtful News also points to the complete lack of evidence in this case.

A new and detailed case of reported demonic possession and exorcism is chronicled in an Indiana newspaper. As with almost all cases, we see typical behaviors related to “possession”. But we also see many eyewitness reports and ZERO solid evidence. Are they photos? Videos? None given. The medical records mostly state that the family suffered from delusions and possible psychological stress. Also, we see an excess of religiosity in their daily lives that could have fed this belief in demons. A credulous priest didn’t help by encouraging the belief and performing an exorcism.

Well to be fair, there is one piece of evidence to view - the photo of the house. But (SPOILER) it's a ghost app hoax.

post-106978-0-74510200-1390941474_thumb.

• Like 2

I'm not going to discount the paranormal but.. Oh there could very well be other explanations for this story. It would probably take some dedicated digging through the paperwork and such though to figure out what exactly was going on. Wonder when the gal is going to have a book/tv something worked up?

If nothing else, this case might be a good one for possession folks to work on. Paranormal or not, it is an interesting case of the genre IMO.

• Like 2

Curious report, given the number and diversity of professionals who claim to have experienced very odd events during this time.

EDIT: On that note, this seems credible to me.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 5

Curious report, given the number and diversity of professionals who claim to have experienced very odd events during this time.

EDIT: On that note, this seems credible to me.

There is ample evidence that "professionals" (whatever that means) are as susceptible to paranormal silliness, religiosity, and downright fraud as anyone else.

• Like 3

Call me moron.i think it could be real

Can you please explain why do you feel this is real?

• Like 1

http://doubtfulnews....-to-hold-it-up/

Doubtful News also points to the complete lack of evidence in this case.

A new and detailed case of reported demonic possession and exorcism is chronicled in an Indiana newspaper. As with almost all cases, we see typical behaviors related to “possession”. But we also see many eyewitness reports and ZERO solid evidence. Are they photos? Videos? None given. The medical records mostly state that the family suffered from delusions and possible psychological stress. Also, we see an excess of religiosity in their daily lives that could have fed this belief in demons. A credulous priest didn’t help by encouraging the belief and performing an exorcism.

Well to be fair, there is one piece of evidence to view - the photo of the house. But (SPOILER) it's a ghost app hoax.

post-106978-0-74510200-1390941474_thumb.

This isn't Zelda. You can't just catch the ghost in a bottle and sell it with C....