Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bad Rap

QueenoftheNight

Rap music may sound good to some, and have good lyrics to others... if your mature enough. I have watched to many young kids, who live in the damn country clubs, make believe they are in the ghetto.. and that their life is hard. This leads to them doing bad things, because they wanna live "the thug life". I think this is the most ridiculous sh** I have ever heard. I used to listen to rap, and still do when I am out... but I don't actually act and alter my thinking because of it. Even kids who do have in hard, and live in difficult situations are affected, even worse really. They relate to the music of drugs, drinking, sex, and gangs... and think that this way of life is the only kind of life. I have seen it happen. For example, my ex boyfriend used to be a sweetheart. He had it hard yes, but then something happened. His mother died. He started listening to rap, especially 2pac. His mind changed completely. He started smoking like 2 pac, drinking, and joined the bloods. I recently saw him to see how he was, and was shocked. He is ten times worse from the time I left him. I asked him why he lives like this, and why he does this to himself. His answer- "This is the only way I can live, I was born a thug, and like Pac, I'll die a thug" Dirty Rap music is not the only thing that did this to him, but it sure played a big part. Not all rap is like this, but most of the sh** we hear day in and day out is. Rap should be much more censored, and shouldn't allow to have lyrics about drugs and sex(not making love, I'm talking about hoes and what not ) and gangs and killing. I have seen to many kids fall into their lyrics and live them... like I did when I was 13. no.gif

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mypaddedroom

• QueenoftheNight

• Deimos

• Canadian Rottweiler

Amen Ms. Night. I completely agree. I will never understand why it's okay these days for kids to be listening to this foul form of music in which women are made into fleshy objects and drugs and violence are considered ways to better oneself. It sickens me. Especially when there are kids walking around in my city, a city where every kid comes from a rich higherclass family, swearing themselves blind and beating old people up for cash.

Don't say it doesn't happen, i've seen it for myself.

Thug Life in Toronto? Lol! I think I have a solution to that..Organize bus trips for them down to my old neighborhood. When the bus lets them out on a corner drive off..Anyone who survives and makes it back to Canada will be completely cured of the urge to act like they're hard.. tongue.gif

Thug Life in Toronto? Lol! I think I have a solution to that..Organize bus trips for them down to my old neighborhood. When the bus lets them out on a corner drive off..Anyone who survives and makes it back to Canada will be completely cured of the urge to act like they're hard.. tongue.gif

431207[/snapback]

laugh.gif

He's not talking about Toronto but close enough.

I've said that exact same thing as well. Drop them off in the middle of a real bad neighbourhood and see how many of them don't crap their pants.

Yes, these posing, bored white kids from suburbia wanting street cred. Ha ha ha...so stupid. rolleyes.gif

But beyond it being silly, there are some serious problems that can arise. I don't think rap music is a reason for more violence/hate/drug use/etc, just one of many factors.

oh boy, I gotta explain this again. the reason most people hate rap is because it's taken out of proportion. Yeah there are a lot of idiots who think the point of thug rap is to be all gangsta, but it's not. The WHOLE point of thug rap is NOT to be like that. most people can't understand because they've nver lived in that kind of life. I mean, I'm an example, I grew up in a ****ty ghetto, and I listen to thug rap, but I actually take time to understand what tehir trying to say. I don't go out and buy a gun and go shoot people. It's like when troublesome kids are taken to visit prisons. I mean, do you think the kids would be scared if the prisoners didn't act so rowdy? It's the same message with rap. now there is bad Rap, such as rappers who only care about money and such, and Eminem who is the worst piece of crap rapper there is. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I know becasue I've lived it my whole life, and most people misunderstand the meassage and think that they are saying to be like them. I'm sick of it

A tribe called quest is good rap... it's not a bout gangstas... or at least I don't think it is... anywho, they flow really well... I don't listen to much music... or do I? Idon't know... .... ... ... ...

The Roots is good hip hop. wink2.gif

But when you start getting into this gansta rap stuff like 50 cent, glorifying the fact that he's been shot, it's going to have a negative effect on kids.

It's not "rap" music's fault per say, but it is the fault of the artists that are making themselves look cool because they supposedly grew up in the ghetto... kids are going to follow it!

But when you start getting into this gansta rap stuff like 50 cent, glorifying the fact that he's been shot, it's going to have a negative effect on kids.

It's not "rap" music's fault per say, but it is the fault of the artists that are making themselves look cool because they supposedly grew up in the ghetto... kids are going to follow it!

431938[/snapback]

The parents need to step up, not to ban rap, but to keep up on whats going on in the kids life. A strong positive influence will outweigh any bad influence from rap. And we can both ride home in my automobile....

The parents need to step up, not to ban rap, but to keep up on whats going on in the kids life.  A strong positive influence will outweigh any bad influence from rap. 

431948[/snapback]

You can't control your kids all the time. If they want to listen to it nothing is going to stop them. Besides, do you really think that these wannabe thugs have a strong parental role model in the first place?

I don't care about all this "But it's the artist expressing themselves" tripe. When the majority of people buying your records are under 18, you do have a certain responsibility.

I bet most rappers are really nice guys in person. Maybe they are just acting out to get attention....attention they never had as a child. Perhaps calling a girl a "ho" is a rappers way of saying "Mother was never around enough." And perhaps the reason many rappers brandish weapons is to replace the feeling of being a man that one receives when praised by their father...

Alas, I know not. I do know, however, that rap is da shiznit.

it is more human instinct. people follow what others do. humans are sheeple. we are all sheeple in a way

Edited by Hotoke

sheeple.

That is the best word i have ever heard.

Sheeples.

If I could rap and make millions, I would be doing it now. I am 33 ( white) and actually like rap(it is what I listen to mostly). Back in my teens, metalica was the band that was blamed for a suicide. Idiots will do idiotic things no matter what music they listen. It is an excuse.

431938[/snapback]

please don't take offense to this, but you're not exactly right about that. It's harder to understand if you're on the outside looking in. The point of telling how he's been shot is NOT to be like him. there are too many people who don't understand that. 50 Cent has even said in interwives why do people glorify the thug life? that's the reason of thug rap. they tell about horrible times so that no one will follow them, but there are too many idiots out there who think they're telling them to go out and be a thug. If anyone, I should be a gangsta. I grew up in the ghettos of Los Angeles, the home of gangsta rap, and I've been listening to thug rap for several years. but I understand the message they're trying to send because i come from the same kinda crappy existence they do. I live it everday, but if you ever know anyone from the ghetto they will tell you that it's no joke. You think people that live it wanna be there? It's not ture. A lot of people don't understand this, and ?I've had to explain this a million times to Canadian alone. But the explanation is way too long for me to get into. Let me just say that the point of gangsta rap is not to be a gangsta. Tupac4Life will probably understand where I'm coming from.

but I understand why it seems that way, because it would seem the way you see it as. but I know it's hard for people to understand this, but if you live it, it's a lot easier to get it original.gif and I'm not trying to get upset, but it's just that there's too many people that don't understand the whole point and message of rap.

Edited by Monster Hunter X

but it is the fault of the artists that are making themselves look cool because they supposedly grew up in the ghetto... kids are going to follow it!

431938[/snapback]

yeah, that's the problem with most kids. They do talk about growing up in the ghetto, but the point of it is to make it seem like hell and tragedy so that no one follows them, and the problem is there are too many people who haven't lived it, and they think that they're supposed to go out and follow what they're talking about.

Oh boy I see we have a big problem here! Ok....me and my homie Monster X. both like rap music we can really relate to it. Now I only read a few sentences from each post I aint gonna read all these people hating on rap. Now some one said 2PAC first of Pac was realy music. I know rap may seem crazy and yes some rap music is not real music. But that that's not the music that's the artist. Some rappers only rap about killing guns and stuff like that. I admit thats not good, but 2pa rapped about Love/life/family everything!! All my quotes in my profile are tupac's quotes... I am not going to post a lot of his lyrics, but heres a few.

"I see no changes all I see is racist faces, misplaced hate leaves disgrace for races."

In one song Tupac said I sell rocks, but it feels good putting money in the mailbox I love payin rent when the rent is due. See Tupac was real music rap is real music it depends on how you take it. Now someone said their boyfriend changed since listening to 2pac.

Don't blame that on Tupac that's his own fault everyone is responsible for their own actions. Now in a few songs Tupac said for all the seeds who follow me learn from my mistakes. See Tupac said don't give up and m=be a better person. Before Tupac died he even went to a town or should I say ghetto something you people who have it good would not know about. Tupac said each month theres no crimes he will help people from the community fix up their house and apartments.

SO SOMEONE TELL ME HOW IS Tupac A BAD PERSON?

IT'S NOT THE MUSIC IT'S THE PERSON WHO LISTENS TO IT IT'S THEIR REACTION TO IT. SEE IT'S SIMPLE IF YOU CAN'T HANDEL IT IT'S SIMPLE DON'T LISTEN TO IT.

NOW SO WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT RAP? HUH

Most of the pop music is bad give me Nirvana any day thumbsup.gif I try to convince my friends that it's stupid, but the popular kids like it, so they do to... Just wanted to let you know, not all kids listen to that crap

Sorry but rap is not crap. Might not be your cup of tea, but it is not crap. If you listen, you can find something good in all music. No matter what kind.

]READ THIS ALL OF IT! & Tell me what is so bad about this, this is rap music~~Tupac Shakur

Artist: 2Pac

Album: Greatest Hits

Song: Brendas Got A Baby

Homepage: http://hem.passagen.se/deathrow/

Brenda's got a Baby

Brenda's got a Baby

I hear Brenda's got a baby

Well, Brenda's barely got a brain

A damn shame

Tha girl can hardly spell her name

(That's not her problem, that's up ta Brenda's family) Well let me show ya how it affects tha whole community Now Brenda never really knew her moms and her dad was a junky Went in debt to his arms, it's sad Cause I bet Brenda doesn't even know Just cause your in tha ghetto doesn't mean ya can't grow

But oh, that's a thought, my own revelation

Do whatever it takes ta resist tha temptation

Brenda got herself a boyfriend

Her boyfriend was her cousin, now lets watch tha joy end She tried to hide her pregnancy, from her family Who didn't really care to see, or give a damn if she Went out and had a church of kids

As long as when tha check came they got first dibs

Now Brendas belly is gettin bigger

But no one seems ta notice any change in her figure

She's 12 years old and she's having a baby

In love with tha molester, who's sexing her crazy

And yet she thinks that he'll be with her forever

And dreams of a world with tha two of them are together, whatever He left her and she had tha baby solo, she had it on tha bathroom floor

And didn't know so, she didn't know, what ta throw away and what ta keep She wrapped tha baby up and threw him in tha trash heep I guess she thought she'd get away

Wouldn't hear tha cries

She didn't realize

How much tha tha little baby had her eyes

Now tha babys in tha trash heep balling

Momma can't help her, but it hurts ta hear her calling Brenda wants ta run away

Momma say, you makin' me lose pay, tha social workers here everyday Now Brenda's gotta make her own way Can't go to her family, they won't let her stay No money no babysitter, she couldn't keep a job

She tried ta sell crack, but end up getting robbed

So now what's next, there ain't nothin left ta sell

So she sees sex as a way of leavin hell

It's payin tha rent, so she really can't complain

Prostitute, fair slang, and Brenda's her name, she's got a baby

Brenda's got a Baby

Brenda's got a Baby

I hear Brenda's got a baby

Well, Brenda's barely got a brain

A damn shame

Tha girl can hardly spell her name

(That's not her problem, that's up ta Brenda's family) Well let me show ya how it affects tha whole community Now Brenda never really knew her moms and her dad was a junky Went in debt to his arms, it's sad Cause I bet Brenda doesn't even know Just cause your in tha ghetto doesn't mean ya can't grow

But oh, that's a thought, my own revelation

Do whatever it takes ta resist tha temptation

Brenda got herself a boyfriend

Her boyfriend was her cousin, now lets watch tha joy end She tried to hide her pregnancy, from her family Who didn't really care to see, or give a damn if she Went out and had a church of kids

As long as when tha check came they got first dibs

Now Brendas belly is gettin bigger

But no one seems ta notice any change in her figure

She's 12 years old and she's having a baby

In love with tha molester, who's sexing her crazy

And yet she thinks that he'll be with her forever

And dreams of a world with tha two of them are together, whatever He left her and she had tha baby solo, she had it on tha bathroom floor

And didn't know so, she didn't know, what ta throw away and what ta keep She wrapped tha baby up and threw him in tha trash heep I guess she thought she'd get away

Wouldn't hear tha cries

She didn't realize

How much tha tha little baby had her eyes

Now tha babys in tha trash heep balling

Momma can't help her, but it hurts ta hear her calling Brenda wants ta run away

Momma say, you makin' me lose pay, tha social workers here everyday Now Brenda's gotta make her own way Can't go to her family, they won't let her stay No money no babysitter, she couldn't keep a job

She tried ta sell crack, but end up getting robbed

So now what's next, there ain't nothin left ta sell

So she sees sex as a way of leavin hell

It's payin tha rent, so she really can't complain

Prostitute, found slain, and Brenda's her name, she's got a baby

Baaaaaaaaby

~~2Pac

I'm stating my opinion. And I didn't mean only rap like I stated.

Oh if you don't like rap muic that's fine. thumbsup.gif I'm trying to get my point across that rap music in not bad it's simply the way poeple react to it. If you gonna listen to it fine just don't let it go to your head don't do everything u hear. It's not the rapper that makes you do crimes it your own choice to do it.

I like your song, but there's some out there...