Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What if Dinosaurs kept evolving?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1    PlatypusFury

PlatypusFury

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

I've been pondering a theory and I would like other's opinions. Obviously it would take a very long time for Dinosaurs to achieve any where near the intelligence of humans, but what would this planet be like if Dinosaurs were allowed to evolve to the point where they could invent, communicate and thrive as well as humans do. Basically think of dinosaurs as our Australopithecus.

This is my first post and am sorry if this has been touched on before.

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Dinosaurs' Living Descendants

China's spectacular feathered fossils have finally answered the century-old question about the ancestors of today's birds

Read more: http://www.smithsoni...l#ixzz2TLWbI3xb
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    PlatypusFury

PlatypusFury

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Allow me to include a theory, obviously there would be only one species of dinosaur (for the sake of things let's say it will be the t-rex) to dominate and rule over all other things. Or would that even be the case?

#4    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostPlatypusFury, on 15 May 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Allow me to include a theory, obviously there would be only one species of dinosaur (for the sake of things let's say it will be the t-rex) to dominate and rule over all other things. Or would that even be the case?

As long as the belly is full ... they would not go to all the trouble to rule over other things //

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#5    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

Evolution as we currently know, does not explain anything. It is imaginary and speculative in nature.
Dinosaurs and Men may have lived side by side, we do not know for sure.

#6    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 15 May 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Evolution as we currently know, does not explain anything. It is imaginary and speculative in nature.
Dinosaurs and Men may have lived side by side, we do not know for sure.

Yes we do ... and they didn't
It is only you that don't want to know for sure Harsh ... true and harsh ...

'

#7    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 15 May 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Yes we do ... and they didn't
It is only you that don't want to know for sure Harsh ... true and harsh ...

How old do you think is Homo Sapien? Could homo sapiens have been around for say 65 million years?

#8    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 15 May 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

How old do you think is Homo Sapien? Could homo sapiens have been around for say 65 million years?

HArsh ... you are better than me in searching this links and material //
Its not that it isn't there and you know it, if you don't believe in it say it ... don't make it like nobody knows ... that's totally beneath a 'researcher' of your talents.
What you are doing is nothing short of misinformation, in terms of 'teachers' and learners ... that is worst than murdering your own intelligence

'

#9    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 15 May 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

HArsh ... you are better than me in searching this links and material //
Its not that it isn't there and you know it, if you don't believe in it say it ... don't make it like nobody knows ... that's totally beneath a 'researcher' of your talents.
What you are doing is nothing short of misinformation, in terms of 'teachers' and learners ... that is worst than murdering your own intelligence

I believe that HSS were present on this Earth way before then the mainstream currently acknowledges. Also i believe that civilization is cyclical and there has been civilizations in the past of which we have very little memory of currently.

I do not state things without some basis for eg:

Coelacanth
Coelacanth are an ancient order of fish believed to have gone extinct at the end of the Cretaceous period some 65-plus million years ago. That was until 1938, when one was miraculously discovered off the east coast of South Africa near the mouth of the Chalumna River. Closely related to lungfishes and tetrapods, coelacanths are among the oldest living jawed fishes known to exist. They can live as long as 100 years and swim at depths of 90 to 100 meters.

Posted Image

http://www.mnn.com/e...live/coelacanth

Dinosaurs atleast some of them could have survived till quite recently:

http://www.smithsoni...e/dinosaur.html

Also HSS could have been way older then currently held by the mainstream evolutionist time lines:

http://www.forbiddenarcheology.com/

Try reading this link and see where it leads you.

#10    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Cremo again....

Third_eye, maybe you want to read this post (number.32)  too:

http://www.unexplain...5

#11    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Problem is that in evolutionary terms, nature tends to adapt with short term changes, such as strenght or size, that are attributes that are more used to adapt to environment. Intelligence is more of long term evolutionary investment. So in essence, reptiles had enough time do hone their evolutionary characteristic to supreme level. Therefore TRex was really pinnacle of land predator evolution, only thing left to be would be to improve size and strenght. Take for instance his "hands" which went being smaller and smaller because they havent been used. In reality, obtaining intelligence through evolution is very difficult to explain, and that's why you don't have intelligent insects, birds or reptiles. So personally i am in favor of intelligent design. Take notice that most succesful creatures in terms of evolution when develop final form, tend to remain like that for millions of years, like ants for instance.

#12    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 15 May 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Cremo again....

Third_eye, maybe you want to read this post (number.32)  too:

http://www.unexplain...5

Yeah Abe ... I suspected his intentions even before he went all link crazy ... I still attest to his talents though I detest his intentions ...

'

#13    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostAmalthe, on 15 May 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

Take for instance his "hands" which went being smaller and smaller because they havent been used. In reality, obtaining intelligence through evolution is very difficult to explain, and that's why you don't have intelligent insects, birds or reptiles.

Dolphins have no 'hands' and still are remarkably intelligent. Just like crows and ravens and parrots.

#14    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

I think there should be a definition of intelligence here .... human like intelligence and the rest .... :lol:

'

#15    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,095 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 15 May 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Dolphins have no 'hands' and still are remarkably intelligent. Just like crows and ravens and parrots.
They are intelligent compared to other animals.    Still far away from human intelligence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users