Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK ministers to get freedom on EU vote

Still Waters

David Cameron is to allow ministers to campaign for either side in the referendum once a deal is reached on the UK's relationship with the EU.

He said the UK government would make a recommendation to the British people on which way to vote in the referendum.

But he told MPs "it will be open to individual ministers to take a different, personal decision while remaining part of the government".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rendum-35230959

Well, expect the UK to exit Europe. They will make a half-arsed "in campaign", because he was unable to win over anyone in the EU.

Not such a bad thing. Most people I know want out :)

Edited by Finity

If I lived in the UK I think I wouldn't want to be part of it. Good idea in theory but having a leader of another country open their big mouth and then expect me to take on part of the burden they caused wouldn't set well with me.

• Like 1

I do wonder how much of this free vote is Free. especially when behind closed doors they'll be told to think long and hard about their future political career. A lot of the Anti-European Union MP's are on the front bench or close to the seats of power, These career politicians have they've sailed a course straight down the middle to get where they are, just to throw it away, i think very few will.

David Cameron is on the record stating he'd be campaigning to remain in the EU, and that's before he started to negotiate.

I think we'll lose the Vote and we'll remain in the EU, I've done my own little poll in work, and its clear that the majority of people who will be voting don't take an interest. - one work mate stated he thinks we'd be better off in the EU and joining the Euro currency. when i asked why, he stated well it saved converting your money when you go on holiday. <_< But regardless the Battle for Britain is on, I'll play my part and hopefully by the time the referendum comes around i will have changed a few minds.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

If I were talking to someone about this I would tell them its a lot easier to get something than it is to get rid of it. Better be dang sure its what they want.

The British people will vote convincingly to leave the EU in the referendum - but this will be covered up and the government will give us a false "result" of the referendum which will show that most Britons voted to stay in, say 60% to 40%. The government and the EU will never let a little thing like an "out" vote in the EU referendum allow Britain to leave the EU. Either that or, in the event of a vote to leave the EU, the EU will just simply make the British hold the referendum again, repeatedly, until they vote the "right" way, just as it did with the Irish referendum over the Lisbon Treaty.

There'll be tanks on British streets before Britain before finally manages to extricate itself from the EU.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

The British people will vote convincingly to leave the EU in the referendum - but this will be covered up and the government will give us a false "result" of the referendum which will show that most Britons voted to stay in, say 60% to 40%. The government and the EU will never let a little thing like an "out" vote in the EU referendum allow Britain to leave the EU. Either that or, in the event of a vote to leave the EU, the EU will just simply make the British hold the referendum again, repeatedly, until they vote the "right" way, just as it did with the Irish referendum over the Lisbon Treaty.

There'll be tanks on British streets before Britain before finally manages to extricate itself from the EU.

Or, they could just go for option 3 which is (as seen with Greece): If you don't want it you don't get it.

Or, they could just go for option 3 which is (as seen with Greece): If you don't want it you don't get it.

There is going to be no other option here. The British people will vote convincingly to leave the EU but the government and media will lie to us and tell us that we voted to remain in the EU. That is what is going to happen. It's going to take a mass public uprising, violence and bloodshed for Britain to get out of the awful EU.

• Like 1

There is going to be no other option here. The British people will vote convincingly to leave the EU but the government and media will lie to us and tell us that we voted to remain in the EU. That is what is going to happen. It's going to take a mass public uprising, violence and bloodshed for Britain to get out of the awful EU.

50.01% will suffice... in either direction. The EU won't hold you back, in fact, the "central EU" is already planning a contingency of its own to rid themselves of all the countries who are not 100% with it. That is called the Europe of two speeds, and it is back on the table since the refugee crisis.

50.01% will suffice... in either direction. The EU won't hold you back, in fact, the "central EU" is already planning a contingency of its own to rid themselves of all the countries who are not 100% with it. That is called the Europe of two speeds, and it is back on the table since the refugee crisis.

We'll see. Having made the Irish vote again during the Lisbon Treaty referendum after the Irish initially voted against it (they voted in favour of it the second time around the when the EU forced them to hold the vote again) I'm fairly sure that, if the British people do vote to leave the EU and the government doesn't lie by saying the opposite happened, the EU will just force us to hold the referendum again and again - ten times if necessary - until we "see sense" and vote the "right" way. The EU showed with the Irish referendum on the Lisbon Treaty just how much scorn it has for democracy and the will of the people.

• Like 1

We'll see. Having made the Irish vote again during the Lisbon Treaty referendum after the Irish initially voted against it (they voted in favour of it the second time around the when the EU forced them to hold the vote again) I'm fairly sure that, if the British people do vote to leave the EU and the government doesn't lie by saying the opposite happened, the EU will just force us to hold the referendum again and again - ten times if necessary - until we "see sense" and vote the "right" way. The EU showed with the Irish referendum on the Lisbon Treaty just how much scorn it has for democracy and the will of the people.

Yep, and when the rest of Europe said: "OK, you are out then" the Irish were in a hurry to repeat the vote. Don't expect it to be any different for Britain.

Yep, and when the rest of Europe said: "OK, you are out then" the Irish were in a hurry to repeat the vote. Don't expect it to be any different for Britain.

No, that's not what happened at all, When the Irish voted NO, the calls instantly from the EU was to ignore the vote and make the Irish vote again. the pressure for the second vote was from the EU.

No, that's not what happened at all, When the Irish voted NO, the calls instantly from the EU was to ignore the vote and make the Irish vote again. the pressure for the second vote was from the EU.

Seez the guy renown for never making any crap up.

Fact of the matter is that those who had passed it were on track to make the "Europe of two speeds", which de-facto would have meant the end of the Union and the beginning of the European Federation. Should that ever happen the Federationists would leave the Union really fast (within 2 years) leaving all those who did not come along de facto out.

And that is precisely what will happen within the next few years. And the start will have been the current migrant crisis.

Seez the guy renown for never making any crap up.

Fact of the matter is that those who had passed it were on track to make the "Europe of two speeds", which de-facto would have meant the end of the Union and the beginning of the European Federation. Should that ever happen the Federationists would leave the Union really fast (within 2 years) leaving all those who did not come along de facto out.

And that is precisely what will happen within the next few years. And the start will have been the current migrant crisis.

Questionmark where have you been? the EU is in crisis, on its knees the death knell has sounded. the end is nigh. its just lurching from crisis to crisis as it goes. two years from now the EU will be getting its last rites, if not already dead and buried.

If the United Kingdom votes to leave that statement alone signals to the world Britain no longer believes in the European Union project, and the question will be why should they, If we leave the Netherlands and the Dutch will soon follow, If Poland can get permanent NATO bases on its soil like the garrisons in Germany then they'll soon follow as well. at that point the project is over and the resulting crash will ruin the German Economy. mark my words.

Questionmark where have you been? the EU is in crisis, on its knees the death knell has sounded. the end is nigh. its just lurching from crisis to crisis as it goes. two years from now the EU will be getting its last rites, if not already dead and buried.

If the United Kingdom votes to leave that statement alone signals to the world Britain no longer believes in the European Union project, and the question will be why should they, If we leave the Netherlands and the Dutch will soon follow, If Poland can get permanent NATO bases on its soil like the garrisons in Germany then they'll soon follow as well. at that point the project is over and the resulting crash will ruin the German Economy. mark my words.

I have been hearing that as long as I know you, that would be 9 years sometime this year.

BTW, the Netherlands and the Dutch are the same.

I have been hearing that as long as I know you, that would be 9 years sometime this year.

BTW, the Netherlands and the Dutch are the same.

Steadily Q the EU has been crumbling in those 9 years, the Destruction of the EU was never going to happen over night.

As for Netherlands and Dutch, i meant Danish. :yes:

Mr Toyota has stated Toyota cars Ltd will be remaining in the UK even if the UK votes to leave the EU.

Chief executive Mr Akio Toyoda, Stated in an interview with the Financial times that the company will still be building cars at its UK plant at the end of this century, irrespective of the outcome of the EU referendum. He said his predecessors had buried a time capsule at its Burnaston site near Derby in 1990 – and his successors would be there to open it in 2090. Toyota, one of the country's largest overseas investors, employs thousands of workers at the plant and its engine factory in Deeside, Toyoda, the great-grandson of the company's founder, highlighted his family's business links to the UK, which date back to 1929. He added that the country retains its "brand image" for car building. and emphasised that these factors brought benefits that outweighed any negatives of leaving the EU.

In related News, senior bankers at Barclays and HSBC last week said the UK would remain the premier financial centre in Europe even in the event of an "expensive and disruptive" vote to leave.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1afaf414-b81f-11e5-b151-8e15c9a029fb.html#axzz3x31r23kC

But it should come as no surprise, because Mr Toyota understands how trade works. and it just highlights the folly of those who say otherwise.