Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

The murder of Cheri Jo Bates


  • Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#16    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

    Telekinetic

  • Banned
  • 7,519 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:11 AM

The guy had a plan, so i think the killer knew Cheri Jo. Maybe he was in love with her and she didn't love him, classic story of the loner falling in love with a very popular girl who don't care about him....He saw her in the library and decided to kill her...he disabled the car and waited for her...She needed help so he offered her help, then killed her....

Maybe it was Zodiac's first murder, maybe it was simply a guy who had a plan.

The murder of Cheri Jo is The only unsolved murder in Riverside.


#17    UltraThunderMan

UltraThunderMan

    The Ultra One

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:26 AM

It was Ted Bundy.


#18    thefirstman

thefirstman

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stirling

  • Finding inner peace through outer rage.

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:03 AM

It was Pedobear  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:  


Posted Image

Posted Image


"if we fight for money,I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honour,I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it" Royce Gracie

#19    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

    Telekinetic

  • Banned
  • 7,519 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:27 AM

Ok, back with the topic...

Just received a email by a former Zodiac investigator and he think that Zodiac was the killer of Cheri Jo....he thinks this was Zodiac's first murder.....very credible man....

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 01 September 2010 - 03:28 AM.


#20    WORKING CLASS AL

WORKING CLASS AL

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 01 September 2010 - 03:27 AM, said:

Ok, back with the topic...

Just received a email by a former Zodiac investigator and he think that Zodiac was the killer of Cheri Jo....he thinks this was Zodiac's first murder.....very credible man....


I agree.  If the M.O. varied just a bit, I believe it was because it was early in Zodiac's career.  He also bragged to Police that he changed up his method of "Hunting" and do you guys remember the flat tire freeway incident with that lady and her baby?  It was not the classic Zodiac M.O. , but was deemed a Zodiac incident.  I think Bates was Zodiac.

Working Class AL.

Let’s drink to the causes in your life:
Your Family, your Friends, the Union , your Wife

“ Boys on the dock”
The Dropkick Murphys

#21    WORKING CLASS AL

WORKING CLASS AL

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

View Postthefirstman, on 01 September 2010 - 01:03 AM, said:

It was Pedobear  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:  


Posted Image


What the HELL is a pEDOBEAR?  Sorry if I am out of the loop.

W.C. AL

Let’s drink to the causes in your life:
Your Family, your Friends, the Union , your Wife

“ Boys on the dock”
The Dropkick Murphys

#22    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

    Telekinetic

  • Banned
  • 7,519 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

I just don't know why Zodiac never talked about Cheri jo's murder in one of his letters....this killer loved to talk about the murders he did and i don't know why he never talked about this first murder....And good point about Kathleen Johns(lady and her baby)Al... About the Johns encounter some Zodiac investigators still think that Zodiac was not the abductor, that he lied about committing this crime and that Kathleen only identified Zodiac as her abductor because she was stressed....me i think it was in fact the Zodiac Killer....sadly Kathleen Johns died so we will never know the answer...

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 01 September 2010 - 08:23 PM.


#23    WORKING CLASS AL

WORKING CLASS AL

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 01 September 2010 - 08:23 PM, said:

I just don't know why Zodiac never talked about Cheri jo's murder in one of his letters....this killer loved to talk about the murders he did and i don't know why he never talked about this first murder....And good point about Kathleen Johns(lady and her baby)Al... About the Johns encounter some Zodiac investigators still think that Zodiac was not the abductor, that he lied about committing this crime and that Kathleen only identified Zodiac as her abductor because she was stressed....me i think it was in fact the Zodiac Killer....sadly Kathleen Johns died so we will never know the answer...

From the stuff I've read I figure it was the Zodiac also.  The perp's description fit Zodiac, we know he was working Northern California at this time and the calm cool demeanor of the guy who who went after Mrs. John's and her baby betray a person who was very comfortable and cool in commiting this crime.  Couple this with the fact that at this point he had already warned he was going to change up his methodology.  Do you know if there were any other serial or repeat offender's in the SF Bay Area at this time?  This is another reason I think it was Zodiac.

Hey....didn't most experts think that Cheri Jo Bates was a Zodiac job because of the Halloween card sent to Riverside Police?  They say it was a stylistic match for cards he sent later to the Chronicle I believe. It was on on the first anniversary ..yeah?  If my memory serves me correctly there were some handwriting matches on the cards and even in the leter styles taken from The Riverside College Library table/desktop

In my opinion this is the most interesting of all the Serial Killer cases.    Zodiac was a bit of an egomaniac wasn't he?

Later
WORKING CLASS AL YOUR BLUE COLLAR PAL!

Edited by WORKING CLASS AL, 01 September 2010 - 09:15 PM.

Let’s drink to the causes in your life:
Your Family, your Friends, the Union , your Wife

“ Boys on the dock”
The Dropkick Murphys

#24    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

    Telekinetic

  • Banned
  • 7,519 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

He was a huge egomaniac....At one point the murders were a way for him to make headlines in every newspaper....This guy wanted to be famous and you know what? he did.


#25    WORKING CLASS AL

WORKING CLASS AL

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:18 PM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 01 September 2010 - 10:40 PM, said:

He was a huge egomaniac....At one point the murders were a way for him to make headlines in every newspaper....This guy wanted to be famous and you know what? he did.

Hey ...JVE ,do you think he is dead by now???...figure maybe he in his 30 's or 40's at the time of the murders.

W.C. AL

Let’s drink to the causes in your life:
Your Family, your Friends, the Union , your Wife

“ Boys on the dock”
The Dropkick Murphys

#26    puridalan

puridalan

    Mystical as a Unicorn...

  • Member
  • 3,844 posts
  • Joined:03 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

I know this is going to sound weird, and I just got to this thread, and decided to read it because of the name. But in my own opinion I think that the attack was not one sole attacker but 2 possibly three people max. I also think that while there was a male involved, one of the main ones was a female that had past shoulder length hair straight and was near her age, I think this was again not one person that killed her but 2 people together possibly three at most, but likely from what I am seeing only 2. I find it interesting that I think this women did most of the actual stabbing, not the guy.

personally I'd be more worried about the woman I saw stabbing her. She again had past shoulder length hair, that looked black but on further inspection ws a dark brown, 5'6-7ish, 131 lb she had medium brown eyes,caucausion (not tan, but not uber pale), nose was very symetrically not pointed at all a smig wide, (maybe I should draw a picture lol) and a few freckles, was 'trim', small medium chest build, was wearing horizontal stripes with gray, black and white, with pants that I cannot make out, again she did most of the stabbing. I'd qualify her to be in her middle to late twenties when this occured.

Edited by puridalan, 01 September 2010 - 11:37 PM.


#27    WORKING CLASS AL

WORKING CLASS AL

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:50 AM

View Postpuridalan, on 01 September 2010 - 11:33 PM, said:

I know this is going to sound weird, and I just got to this thread, and decided to read it because of the name. But in my own opinion I think that the attack was not one sole attacker but 2 possibly three people max. I also think that while there was a male involved, one of the main ones was a female that had past shoulder length hair straight and was near her age, I think this was again not one person that killed her but 2 people together possibly three at most, but likely from what I am seeing only 2. I find it interesting that I think this women did most of the actual stabbing, not the guy.

personally I'd be more worried about the woman I saw stabbing her. She again had past shoulder length hair, that looked black but on further inspection ws a dark brown, 5'6-7ish, 131 lb she had medium brown eyes,caucausion (not tan, but not uber pale), nose was very symetrically not pointed at all a smig wide, (maybe I should draw a picture lol) and a few freckles, was 'trim', small medium chest build, was wearing horizontal stripes with gray, black and white, with pants that I cannot make out, again she did most of the stabbing. I'd qualify her to be in her middle to late twenties when this occured.

Puridalan,

Hey any stuff you pickup is gonna perk up my attention....you know why!!!   Anyway did you get a lot on the guy and is the lady you saw doing the stabbing still alive???

Thanks for chiming in!
Working Class AL

Edited by WORKING CLASS AL, 02 September 2010 - 01:52 AM.

Let’s drink to the causes in your life:
Your Family, your Friends, the Union , your Wife

“ Boys on the dock”
The Dropkick Murphys

#28    puridalan

puridalan

    Mystical as a Unicorn...

  • Member
  • 3,844 posts
  • Joined:03 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:25 AM

I believe that she was partially strangled, though still alive when the stabbing commensed. If looking on your computer screen to give you an idea, on the left side near the upper left corner the man was standing at the head of Cheri Jo. Cheri Jo at this point was on the ground face/stomach up, this is when the female attacker came via bottom south eastern section of the computer screen, at which one point she was standing at the victims feet, then when up to the victims waste and thats when she began to stab her, I got a lot of the stabs not directly to the heart but a lot of them on the sides of the abdominal cavity, also one random one near the neck. But I cannot tell if that was a cut or part of the stranglulation. The women was the one again who was doing all of the stabbing (or majority) while the male was at cheri's head a few feet just watching. I hope that explains, o by the way all of this took place near pavement, like a parking lot you'd almost think of by the way the gravel is toned, but it was near a lot of green, this part in particular had trees off somewhat near by, but immeditate near by was grass, and near the man via north was a patch that didn't have grass a good 2 feet I say where it was just dirt 2 by 1 ft. basically.


#29    puridalan

puridalan

    Mystical as a Unicorn...

  • Member
  • 3,844 posts
  • Joined:03 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:37 AM

Adding: I am attaching some pictures to reinact the scene for those we are visual, they are poor but explain what I mean, they will be in order.

1. Before Strangulation
2. During/after
3. After-stab

Attached Files


Edited by puridalan, 02 September 2010 - 02:51 AM.


#30    puridalan

puridalan

    Mystical as a Unicorn...

  • Member
  • 3,844 posts
  • Joined:03 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:52 AM

One more thing sorry!
4. Close up sketch of Female Murderer
5. Further Back picture

are attached. Thank you

Attached Files






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users