Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Egypt leader Mursi orders

egypt president military democracy dictatorship

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 12 August 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

to answer your question no not any one who disagree with MB is kufar
actually am not sure that i am big fan of them eaither but non-muslim minorties make them like " scarecrow "
ohh bad MB .. bad muslims they'll force us to hear hjiab they'll force sharia law etc etc etc
what am saying that people need to get realstic

and the problem with power / water etc etc those mention ... am sure non-muslims minorties won't see any problem with the country
has it been ruled by dictator killing muslims by dozen but short of power or water on them .. now that's devastiting
all those things won't be problem for minortiy of the president wasn't from MB  right ?
if he wasn't with MB and those things happend i bet we'll see minorties just go out on support march for him
just like they remain silence everywhere else when the president such as mubarak was dictating the majortiy

can we remember why Baradei withdrew from elections ?
yeah it was because the military councel of mubarak remainants ran the show
the same people of morsi has put to retirement no ?

am not generalizing meryt it's the true and am not mixing up syria with egypt
it's just all minorties in our middle east got used to special treatment provided by dictators
everywhere not just syria or egypt the minorties always support dictators and wish for it's rule
sons of mubarak as i state before mainly copts
that tells us something about it doesnt it ?

my problem is .. i critcize and oppose muslims minorities when they do something wrong in western countries
such as asking for special treatments , sharia laws .. so on and so on the idea is
i don't let my religion i share with them get in the way of saying what's right .. and what's wrong

but non-muslims minorties in middle east were corrupted by dictators and that's a shame
they always lived together peacefully but comes the first chance for them to show their stand
and up with the dictators they side

you know the bad things you mention that happend to christians no one would like
but did it happen coz of Muslims ? or MB ? or Morsi ?

you forgot that it was muslims who protected christians when druze tried to massacare them ?
but up comes the first dictator they'd rather see all muslims killed than to be equal with  rest of society
and can i blame them ? after much of the special treatment they got during dictator rule ?

my suggetion is minorites should leave their " islamic " scarecrow aside .. whatever the party was MB or not
this mentality is not going to lead to anything good . except steering up religious hatred among the two
swearing at islam and president that people in egypt elected just because he is muslim from MB
does not make copts look good also it'll only make sensetivitiy among them and muslims

these are facts am saying not some local gossips or anything to do with syria
we certinally don't have sons of mubarak group which happens to be mostly copts who does that

all in all i understand your position i just wish minorities in middle east would change this mentality
and start thinking of how they can live in peace without dreams of another dictator to come
and gives them again special treatment while they watch majorties being opressed

morsi was elected and won regardless of how many attempts there was to manipulate the elections to favor shafiq " mubarak solider "
to say these people went to street based on MB request is far fetched .. sorry

I tire quickly of discussions which turn round & round in endless circles. If you prefer to extrapolate the political position, integrity, loyalty and patriotism of ALL minorities in the ME on the bases of Syria; if you are convinced that you know enough firsthand information about ALL minorities in the ME- enough to reach a fair and rational conclusion- and if you are content to paint the world in stark black and white while labeling millions of people as being corrupt or morally cowardly lot on the bases of their faith, then there is not much to discuss. Recently, some of those you so readily accused of being corrupt were demonstrating in front of your embassy in Cairo and were beaten and assaulted by Mursi’s police. In Tahrir, January 2011, they surrounded their Muslim brothers forming a human shield around them so that they could perform their prayers safely. They too were shot and killed, but if you still prefer the comfort of assumptions & generalizations, then I have nothing more to say to you. For me this is ‘end of discussion’.        

#17    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 13 August 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

I tire quickly of discussions which turn round & round in endless circles. If you prefer to extrapolate the political position, integrity, loyalty and patriotism of ALL minorities in the ME on the bases of Syria; if you are convinced that you know enough firsthand information about ALL minorities in the ME- enough to reach a fair and rational conclusion- and if you are content to paint the world in stark black and white while labeling millions of people as being corrupt or morally cowardly lot on the bases of their faith, then there is not much to discuss. Recently, some of those you so readily accused of being corrupt were demonstrating in front of your embassy in Cairo and were beaten and assaulted by Mursi’s police. In Tahrir, January 2011, they surrounded their Muslim brothers forming a human shield around them so that they could perform their prayers safely. They too were shot and killed, but if you still prefer the comfort of assumptions & generalizations, then I have nothing more to say to you. For me this is ‘end of discussion’.
fair enough

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#18    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,665 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 13 August 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

fair enough
If the MB takes full control in Egypt (and maybe Syria?) it will be interesting to see how they treat the minorities you have spoken of.  Will the Christians and others be treated with respect or driven out because they supported the regime?  If they supported a regime that was helping them keep from being persecuted, then why is that wrong?  It sounds like a normal human instinct to me.  Why would I support someone who hates me and wants me dead or enslaved?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#19    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

View Postand then, on 13 August 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

If the MB takes full control in Egypt (and maybe Syria?) it will be interesting to see how they treat the minorities you have spoken of.  Will the Christians and others be treated with respect or driven out because they supported the regime?  If they supported a regime that was helping them keep from being persecuted, then why is that wrong?  It sounds like a normal human instinct to me.  Why would I support someone who hates me and wants me dead or enslaved?
you know syria already had christians before this regime came and they were never driven out or persecuted
in fact they were protected by muslims when they were going to masscared by druzes
even muslims will protest if christians were treated badly
however they supported the current regime .. will have it's bad outcome on people who supported it " litarly " with action
that's not instinct that's shameful and inhuman
an act based on profit and previlage over other people while being ok with seeing muslims killed etc etc etc
let me ask you .. would you blame me as muslim if i just stood watching .. when the regime fall down
and the new system persecute christians and other minorties
would you blame me if i was ok with watching and doing nothing to stop it ?

should muslims ever rule with injustice against non-muslims " which i doubt will ever happen "
but if it does happen .. they brought it onto them self and therefore gain no sympathy from me personally
i don't tolerate a wrong act coming from muslim .. coming from christian
hell if my own father supported the regime i'd oppose him

that's far fetched talk though ... muslims coming systems would not act wrong against non-muslims
we are better than that and probably won't decend to that level even if they did
except justice for those who are proved to have commitied crimes

see you share this view with minorties . the muslims scarecrow
all this hated against muslims .. and phobia
it's pity those christians we once saved from massacares are the same ones who are willing to side with dictators .. for dirty profit
and should those massacares happens again i have no doubt muslims would stop killing of christians again
because like i said .. we are not like them our religion forbid us from letting it happen

anyway .. first let's see if egypt goverment will ever chase away christians it's too soon to talk about syria
and off with the MB scarecrow it's really getting boring excuse
the people elected them .. weather you like it or not .. weather every one like it or not
it only matter that egypt people vote for that certain man .. and he won by fair elections

edit : well not very fair elections the fact that the previous dictator's man " shafiq " had votes faked for him and still mursi won

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 13 August 2012 - 05:15 AM.

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots

#20    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

*Snip* ... i tend not to take erik too seriously
my point was missed here
i was only expressing pity that minorties in middie east does not look for greater good
they always want to be offensive .. or defensive against majortiy
when they can both be as one and reform the countries for the best for all muslims and non-muslims
arabs or muslims have got nothing against kurds but as erik's country plan to divide our nation
based on ethnic to weaken us with civil war and such

if minorties in middle east get rid of the majority should not rule at any cost
we could really overcome this ethnic or religious sensetivity we have in middle east

different between me and erik .. is that when i was supporter for the syrian goverment and reliazed it was wrong
i simply admit it and switched sides coz i rather to face a true even if  was wrong .. rather than to live in denial
beside .. i think it pains him to see a kurd who likes arabs and support a one nation regardless of ethnics

Edited by Karlis, 14 August 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#21    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

I don’t, I just lose patience and get quickly bored with any discourse based on simplistic formula of ‘assume, generalize, and then file people away in predetermined molds’. Distrusting people from unrelated groups and blaming them for atrocities committed by others in different countries just because they happen to be co-religionists, is what others call ‘Islamophobia’, ... *Snip*

Silencing dissent by haphazardly accusing people of treason, corruption or being agents for foreign ‘powers’ can only lead to totalitarian regimes. No majority can be secure in a democracy and the exercise of its civic rights if it condones the deprivation of minorities of their rights. It will only be a matter of time before the system turns on them too.

The whole argument was incoherent, lacked firsthand knowledge of what is going on in Egypt, or how Egyptians in general are reacting to actual crisis taking place; instead it relied on the use of recognizable MB propaganda clichés and the assumption that if Syrian Christians are backing Assad, then all other Christian minorities in the ME are equally responsible, because all Christians are the same, and all Muslims are also the same, whether in Syria or Egypt. Anyone who opposes the MB's grab or monopoly of power is inherently anti-Islam ... *Snip*

On a lighter note, (sorry again couldn't upload image) below is an Egyptian joke, an example of how ALL Egyptians are reacting to the outages & shortages they are facing and how the new government is dealing with them. In Egypt, being on the receiving end of sarcasm  comes automatically with power, no exemptions for Mursi, Qandil, or the MB!
“We complained about the (accumulating) garbage, they told us go to the streets & collect it,

“We complained about the electricity (outage), they told us wear cotton,

“It would be a catastrophe if we complain about the sewage and they tell us wear pampers!”  

Edited by Karlis, 14 August 2012 - 05:38 AM.
Deleted (unrelated segments to the OP) which imo would/could lead to arguments, instead of discussions.

#22    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

we have different views but patronizing .. i doubt i ever did that
am merely expressing my pointview .. and pretty comfortable with it
coz i base it on experince and facts

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 13 August 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#23    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Could be a step in the right direction, i always viewed the country as being a millitary ran complex.

Could be good, be interesting to see how it plays out.

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#24    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Has Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Staged a Coup Against the Military?
Less than a week after sacking several major security chiefs, the first elected President in Egypt’s history has moved on to tackle the big guns. On Sunday, Morsy fired Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, the country’s Defense Minister and powerful chief of Egypt’s military council, ...

Along with Tantawi, who in the 18 months since the ousting of President Hosni Mubarak has reigned as the most powerful man in Egypt, Morsy sacked his chief of staff, Sami Anan. He fired the head of every service of the armed forces and nullified the June constitutional decree that Tantawi and Anan’s Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) had released to seize more power for itself. Morsy also appointed a much anticipated Vice President: Mahmoud Mekki, a prominent reformist judge. ...

... Sunday’s shift marks Morsy’s boldest move yet to reclaim power from the country’s powerful military council. But it follows a similar reshuffle last week in Egypt’s security sector, which included the ousting of an old regime ally, Mourad Mwafi, from the head of the country’s General Intelligence Service. The replacements in the security sector, and indeed in the military, all serve a purpose in the broader scheme of things, analysts say. “The Muslim Brotherhood doesn’t do anything off the cuff. Everything is according to plan and may be known for a few months before,” Hamza says. ...

... The Brotherhood, analysts say, is slowly and deliberately arranging Egypt’s political chessboard. “They had to make sure that the media is in their hands and that the army is under their control before they go and make major changes in the Ministry of Justice and in the justice system,” says Hamza. “The next step will be the new constitution.”
Read more

Egypt journalists to be tried for 'insults' to Mursi
Two Egyptian journalists will go on trial accused of incitement to murder President Mohammed Mursi and sowing sectarian discord, prosecutors say.

The move is seen by some analysts as an attempt by Egypt's powerful Muslim Brotherhood to suppress the opposition. ...

... Some commentators in Egypt say that Mr Mursi and the Brotherhood are now resorting to tactics employed to great effect by Mubarak and his party to gain influence over media policy, the BBC's Muhammad Sukri says.

He says the appointment of Salah Abdul Maqsud, a Brotherhood member, as information minister earlier this month has been viewed as an attempt to wrest control of state media from supporters of Mubarak and the military.
Source

Edited by Karlis, 14 August 2012 - 05:53 AM.

Also tagged with egypt, president, military, democracy, dictatorship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users