Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

going back in time?

jeceris

looking at all the threads on ancient history, and all the unanswered questions about what went on when with which civilization, i ask this.

if you could travel back in time, where would you go? who would you see? to what time period?

if i could go back, i'd want to get to the ancient library of alexandria, before the fire, and read every tale, every description of civilizations before then.

hanging out by the mediterranean reading old books, sounds fine to me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• Falco Rex

• Quirky Aussie

• Asterix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looking at all the threads on ancient history, and all the unanswered questions about what went on when with which civilization, i ask this.

if you could travel back in time, where would you go? who would you see? to what time period?

if i could go back, i'd want to get to the ancient library of alexandria, before the fire, and read every tale, every description of civilizations before then.

hanging out by the mediterranean reading old books, sounds fine to me.

lmao, before I reached the end of your post I was getting ready to post the same thing. laugh.gif

I'ld go to easther island and find out how those statues got there or i'ld go back and have a conversation with jesus and answer some questions once and for all!

I go back to last week and give myself this weeks lotto numbers.

The exact moment I was concieved and came into this world?... My very first thoughts! huh.gif

I'd go back to the Roman Empire. Using my knowledge of modern concepts and technology I'd become an integral part of the Emperors court. Then I'd probably have him assassinated and take over myself. With my knowledge of history I could avoid the mistakes made previously..

And then The Empire may never have fallen and the Falco Dynasty would gain the rightful place in history it deserves!

Or maybe I'd just hang out, get wasted, and take in an orgy or two.. tongue.gif

Many places. One: I would see Jesus. Two: the Crusades. Third: I would see my grandparent when he was still alive, it's just that I never met him ph34r.gif

I go back to last week and give myself this weeks lotto numbers.

Good one.... share?

I would like to be a pirate. laugh.gif Maybe find out the truth about Oak Island... that would put me back a couple of hundred years original.gif

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

I would love to go back and check out Henry VIII's family, they are just so damn interesting and then I would go farther back and see the dinosaurs and see how they really were

I would go back and see if Atlantis really existed.

I would go back five minutes ago to change what I'm about to post:

I would go back five minutes ago to change what I'm about to post.

I would go back and back all the time coz their is soooooo much to seeeeee but the three top choices would br to go back to ancient Egypt to observe what their civilsation was like and to see hoe they built those bloody pyrsamids. Number 2 would be going back to see the mayan,incan and aztec civilisations in their "classic period" and finally to see if atlantis existed.

Also checking out the very first humans would be cool, seeing if jesus really walked the earth, babylon, middle ages, ice age, etc.......There is just so much to see. Lets never forget their is no future without a past!!! thumbsup.gif

But you'd have to be very careful about what you did, or else you'd most definately change history. That would mean no killing, destroying, sex or anything. Heck, you couldn't even touch anything.

For example, going back to the time of the Aztecs. Just standing there would infect the people with all the bacteria you'd be carrying around, since there were no diseases before European contact. That would make many, many people sick and possibly wipe out the Aztecs prematurely. sad.gif

That's depending on whether you care if you change history or not. I definitely think parts of it could use some serious re-vamping for the greater good..

I'd bring my computer back to the 1960s and become richer than Bill Gates.

Well, other than that, I'd check out if all this ancient india and the mahabharata stuff actually happened and/or what gave the writers such far far futuristic ideas. I'd also check up on the Dropa and see how much merit that has. I'd like to see what actually happened before recorded history like 20 000 years ago or even more, because no one ever talks about that. And finally I'd go back to year 0, and expose Jesus for what he is if he ever existed.

And finally I'd go back to year 0, and expose Jesus for what he is if he ever existed.

Lol. A lot of folks here are gonna get you for this. I'll hold my breath until the first angry posts start to fly in grin2.gif

I would go back five minutes ago to change what I'm about to post:

I would go back five minutes ago to change what I'm about to post.

Thats pretty funny...

I wish I could go back to the mid thirties in Berlin. I would love to have been able to have popped Hitler with a couple of rounds from his own pistol. A couple well placed kicks in the groin would make me feel better too.

Before he faded out I would make sure I told him that My grandfather(Who was later taken POW and tortured by Nazis) sends his greetings.

I wish I could go back several decades to be able to meet myself as a kid. There are a few warnings I wish I could have given myself.

It would be nice to see Rome in it's hayday. I think they knew how to throw a shindig...

Jesus... I'd like to know what the truth was on him.

I'd like to go forward several decades to see what people thought of our time...I wonder if we have any Hitlers in the making that we need to take care of before they get to carried away...

I wish I could go back to the mid thirties in Berlin. I would love to have been able to have popped Hitler with a couple of rounds from his own pistol. A couple well placed kicks in the groin would make me feel better too.

Before he faded out I would make sure I told him that My grandfather(Who was later taken POW and tortured by Nazis) sends his greetings.

That explains something that I was hesitant to ask. wink2.gif Although I have no personal vendetta, we share the same hatred for Nazis...as well as the so called Neo-Nazis......... thumbsup.gif

I would like to go back to the wild west, to the era of the 'gun-slingers'. I would like to be on a train that was held up by Jessie James. I would like to be at the bar where Billy the Kid was having a drink and just listen to some of the stories being told. I would like to take part in a 'real' cattle drive. I would also like to spend some quality time in Cherokee Village.

I wonder if in 100 years time if people will be having such romaticized notions of what our modern day criminals were like?

I would go back to the begining of the Euro 2004 tournament and told myself to bet my entire savings on Greece wink2.gif

Remember, if we go back in time and fix mistakes, we'd have never learnt from them.

If we didn't make any mistakes we wouldn't have to. Circular logic is fun! thumbsup.gif

If we didn't make any mistakes we wouldn't have to. Circular logic is fun!  thumbsup.gif

Yes but if they happen again we are not ready for them thumbsup.gif

But they couldn't happen again because they'd be happening for the first time. thumbsup.gif

Aww..forget it. We'll be doing this for days.. laugh.gif