Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My five year old son speaks to his granda

Angelkissed3

Hi,

My grandma passed away from cancer last year. My five year old son was very close to her. Every time we visit my mom he greets my grandma and says "hi Mami" and stares at her photos. When we leave he yells bye Mami! He does this everytime we visit my mom. Do you think he can actually see his great grandma?

• Like 1

young kids tend to have a gift when they are young, they tend to lose it as they grow older. There's been a lot of cases where kids remember their past lives, or they see dead and speak to dead relatives. There's a lot of information about it on the internet. If you need to know more. Good luck

• Like 1

He probably cant see her,but if they so close the impression she left is so strong he imagines her there,and talks as though she was there.Kids do sometimes talk to "invisible" friends.

You never really know but he could be seeing her. He could be just talking to her picture too because he misses her. Have you ever asked him?

• Like 3

It is well documented that children can see spirits. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if he was talking to her.

Has anyone ever seen that movie, "Heart and Souls"? Whenever I hear of a kid talking to "spirits" I always think of that movie... :)

He only talks to her at my moms house. He also slept with my sister at her home and he said the bed was not big enough. She asked why and he said grandma does not fit.

• Like 1

It is well documented that children can see spirits. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if he was talking to her.

Has anyone ever seen that movie, "Heart and Souls"? Whenever I hear of a kid talking to "spirits" I always think of that movie... :)

Well documented like no proof EVER? (A childs testimony is not proof...)

He only talks to her at my moms house. He also slept with my sister at her home and he said the bed was not big enough. She asked why and he said grandma does not fit.

It's fine and healthy and a completely normal thing for children to behave this way. He'll grow out of it in time. It can be a coping mechanism or just his way of remembering her etc.

I wouldn't get too worked up about thinking he's really seeing her. If it's what you believe then that's fine but encouraging it might not be the healthiest thing for him.

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 3

Whether it is a ghost or he just associates going to your mums house with grandma, I think it's lovely. It's nice that he still speaks to her.

• Like 3

I thought this was really interesting:

When children say they see spirits, they do. To deny that they do is to guarantee the child will suffer from insecurities and self-doubt. It’s much better to acknowledge to the child that spirits are often seen by children. Ask if the spirit(s) is an adult or a child, a male or female. Then add, if you want: "Many people, like myself, have been taught how not to see spirits." Or: "Many people, like myself, have forgotten how to see spirits." If you want your child to continue being able to see spirits, say this instead: "It’s great you can see spirits. Of course, you have to tell them to obey your personal rules and house rules, just like people who aren’t spirits do."

from http://www.odysseyofthesoul.org/freomm/childrenseespirits.htm

• Like 1

I love how so many outright deny the existence of spirits remaining here for a while or further. Have any of you actually read documentation provided by even skeptics of such accounts? Have any of you seen anything out of the ordinary that you can't explain no matter any way you try to explain it? Probably not.

Stop being so close-minded and get a new hobby if you cannot provide anything but your own words and opinions.

I find it lovely that children can see such spirits.. you have to have a certain innocence or, to face opposites, constant hellish and malevolent experiences in life to see them. Those that come back from death tend to see them, from experience and from many accounts I've heard.

It takes an open-minded individual to see.

I believe that they are truly seeing her before she leaves this place to go on.. You would find comfort in "True Tales of Angel Encounters" by Carmel Reilly, I believe. A lot of those that speak see those recently departed and experience such. They are very heart-warming encounters.

Edited by AliveInDeath7

Childrens minds are a lot less polluted with modern day ****e so maybe there senses are till sharp.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how so many outright deny the existence of spirits remaining here for a while or further. Have any of you actually read documentation provided by even skeptics of such accounts? Have any of you seen anything out of the ordinary that you can't explain no matter any way you try to explain it? Probably not.

Stop being so close-minded and get a new hobby if you cannot provide anything but your own words and opinions.

Yes I have. Have you? You are guilty of doing what you are accusing others of doing. Read the DSM on psychological disorders and the many books on SP and logic and physics. Some of us started out as believers, hard core believers and have lost faith in time. I actually have raised children and there is nothing wrong with saying they have a vivid imagination. The only paranormal belief I have about children is that there may be some type of psychic bond between a child and it's mother. There was a physical bond while the child was in the womb, so I can believe that a psychic bond could manifest. Of course it could also just be shared DNA.

I'll have this as my hobby as long as I like and longer if possible.