Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I doubt it will be end of the world.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Resonance

Resonance

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

Marby on Jul 8 2009, 09:53 AM, said:

So if you think you know that something so big and bad is going to happen, why not share it? Why do you think so? What evidence do you have to support this claim?

The evidence is SO APPARENT!

MONKIES WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD IN 2012!!
aaaaah!!!

thumbup.gif

hahahaha

kidding.
I wasn't being serious with the first post. wink2.gif

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

#17    DrunkDwarf

DrunkDwarf

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

Resonance on Jul 9 2009, 02:58 PM, said:

aaaaah!!!

thumbup.gif

hahahaha

kidding.

I think id prefer Zombies, monkeys throw feces and stuff... that aint cool.

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." - Terry Pratchett

Visit my blog at http://www.brianmcgillivray.com/

#18    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

MysteryMike on Jul 7 2009, 08:27 PM, said:

Well I did hear about the Mayans end of the world prediction and I don't believe that the world is going to end, but I do believe something bad is just going to happen that could put a large social impact on the world. That is all I believe. Do any of you think?

The Mayans never predicted the end of the world just the end of an age.  The following day the next age begins but nothing out of the ordinary will occur.

#19    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

Resonance on Jul 8 2009, 12:33 PM, said:

Something bad will happen indeed.
However, it's not going to be something miniscule as you are implying.

It as well, will NOT be Planet X involved.

You will all understand once the time arrives.

Stay tuned.

Funny I heard similar speeches when Y2K was near upon us and you know how that turned out.

#20    MySummerJob

MySummerJob

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

Resonance on Jul 9 2009, 09:58 AM, said:

aaaaah!!!

thumbup.gif

hahahaha

kidding.

linked-image

Posted Image

#21    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:24 AM

DrunkDwarf on Jul 9 2009, 05:24 PM, said:

I think id prefer Zombies, monkeys throw feces and stuff... that aint cool.

On the other hand Zombies try to eat your brain and lose bits of themselves, to be honest I'd prefer feces throwing monkeys.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#22    DrunkDwarf

DrunkDwarf

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

TheSearcher on Jul 10 2009, 09:24 AM, said:

On the other hand Zombies try to eat your brain and lose bits of themselves, to be honest I'd prefer feces throwing monkeys.

But feces are icky and stuff... plus monkeys are like infested with fleas and ****... that aint nice... Zombies dont have that problem... they just smell funny, like old people. Infact... Zombies have a lot in common with Old people... like, with Dementia and difficulty moving around... i once worked in an old folks home, and i can remember this one old lady who'd just walk slowly towards you with her arms slightly out, mouth slightly open, eyes wide open... was quite creepy and zombie-like... id then just guide her back to her comfy chair and all would be well... im sure we could do the same with Zombies.

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." - Terry Pratchett

Visit my blog at http://www.brianmcgillivray.com/

#23    Marby

Marby

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

Resonance on Jul 9 2009, 02:58 PM, said:

aaaaah!!!

thumbup.gif

hahahaha

kidding.

Anything but the monkeys!!!!!! rofl.gif

#24    magickaldan

magickaldan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

• Newton "If I have seen farther than others it is from standing on the shoulders of giants." Einsteins theory of relativity.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

I predict The world economy will fail, and a major hacking of the power grid will take it down.  Leaving everyone in the dark.  And then A person will rise creating ONE world union.  That person will make so many promises but in the end everyone will have to do exactly what he/she says or DIE.

#25    lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:08 PM

december 21st 2012 marks the end of the great cycle for the mayans and is actually a great celebration for them. 2012 is a buisness, one that will fail december 22nd 2012.

#26    Delovely5150

Delovely5150

In Fine Artistry

• 2,276 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

MysteryMike on Jul 7 2009, 05:27 PM, said:

Well I did hear about the Mayans end of the world prediction and I don't believe that the world is going to end, but I do believe something bad is just going to happen that could put a large social impact on the world. That is all I believe. Do any of you think?

I believe that 2012 is just the coming of another year.  Just because the media and the masa say something's gonna happen doesn't mean anything.  It's just a way for them to get people read their stories.  A lot of people say crap and people believe it.  What about that prediction about Y2K? Nothing happened, absolutely nothing, just the usual things that happen everyday.  Well, I got married in Y2K, I guess that was one of the things that happened, but the media made a big deal of some predictions and nothing happened. No paso nada. Rien n'est arrivé.  

I-Forwards - don't believe the hype, is all I can say.  

As for the Mayans, I don't have to believe them but they can say whatever they want.  They can believe whatever they want.  They have that right.

#27    atom286

atom286

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

MysteryMike on Jul 8 2009, 01:27 AM, said:

Yep I think the next Hitler will appear.

#28    Juicebox

Juicebox

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:19 PM

2012 is ridiculous. I hate all of the b/s being fed to society these days.. especially the History and Discovery channels infatuation with the apocalypse.
SO what if "so many cultures" believed this date would be the end. Ever since the beginning of recorded history humans have had this interest in whats called
"the flipping of the clock"--the whole "9.9 flipping over to a 0"..."In the year 1999 when 2000 hits the worlds power supply will cease, planes will fall from the sky blah blah"=y2k
Now, this is happening all over again with the mayans when their calendar flips to the 0 at the end of the Long Count. The Mayans were skilled with their predictions but only of the cosmos,
using celestial cycle to predict floods,etc...I DO NOT believe the stars hold the answer to our future.. "theres a guy pointing an arrow at the center of our galaxy"..so what?!?
Connect the dots, you'll find ANY picture in the stars.
2012 won't happen, but I definitely can't wait...NO, not to see what happens..only for the sole fact that I'm gonna bumrush this forum with HAHAHAHAHAHAH's for everyone of the crazy gullible kids on this site and every other result that pops up on Google. I can't wait to see how embarassed half of the worlds population is when they've ran out of money stockpiling water and crackers for No reason..
**** 2012 Its a foreign y2k and humans are falling for it AGAIN.
"you'll know when the time comes...stay tuned"

#29    Count

Count

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:24 AM

What is it about 2012 predictions that gets debunkers so worked up? I mean ok noone knows if or what will happen ever but is it not kinda the point of these sorts of forums to debate the possibilities, it only seems to happen with 2012 predicitions that the people who think it's rubbish get all wound up ranting and raving about how it's all gonna be fine. You rarely see anyone say "**** aliens aren't real and if you so much as suggest they are I'll kill you all and your children and their children!!!"

#30    Marby

Marby

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

Count on Jul 12 2009, 03:24 AM, said:

What is it about 2012 predictions that gets debunkers so worked up? I mean ok noone knows if or what will happen ever but is it not kinda the point of these sorts of forums to debate the possibilities, it only seems to happen with 2012 predicitions that the people who think it's rubbish get all wound up ranting and raving about how it's all gonna be fine. You rarely see anyone say "**** aliens aren't real and if you so much as suggest they are I'll kill you all and your children and their children!!!"

I can only speak for myself here. What gets me about this hype is that people are making money by playing on the fears and hysteria about this supposed prediction that the Mayans never actually made. It's so transparently false, and people are attaching all this meaning to it, and it's a little sad really, because you would think that people would apply just a touch of critical thinking before they blindly believed this garbage. There is absolutely nothing to support that anything will follow Dec. 21, 2012 other than Dec. 22, 2012. Attaching mysticism to something that really holds no mystery is incomprehensibly silly.

For the record, I wouldn't want to kill anyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users