Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Jesus Return?

LucidElement

anyone think Jesus will return to Earth in our life time??? say within the next 1000 years.. lets say that.... what do you all think??? its been 2k years already... just an interesting thought.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amalgamut

• saucy

• Paranoid Android

• Wayfarer

3 years, 6 months, 12 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes, and 3 seconds from when you read this post tongue.gif JK!

Jesus will return. I can't give any kind of time scale (the whole thief in the night routine), although TD's usually right, so I'll go with his answer, k grin2.gif

All the best,

btw,

anyone think Jesus will return to Earth in our life time??? say within the next 1000 years..

698995[/snapback]

Our lifetime? Within the next 1000 years. I don't know about you, but I'll be dead before the next hundred years pass. tongue.gif

Nope, he blew it! He promised to return while members of that generation still lived. The early Christians even spent their lives getting ready for it! That was nearly 2000 years ago and he didn't do as he promised! He BLEW IT! rolleyes.gif

I think he may come right when we blow our selves up.

Jesus:"Im here my chil..... Oh ****!"

*explosion sounds!

I know it's been over 2,000 years since Jesus said he would come back, but there are a lot of prophecies in the bible that have been fulfilled even recently. Jesus couldn't have come back until 1968 anyways when Israel was back in Palestine as a nation. It's quite funny that a famous author, C.S. Lewis said back sometime in the 1800s that the prophecy was figurative in nature because there is no way the Jews would be able to go back to their native land. Sure enough, they did. There are even prophecies that say that the desert will bloom, and that's what happening, that their would be black Jews returning and people scoffed at that until Ethiopian Jews started to return. There's a lot of unfolding prophecy going on in today's world.

Yes Jesus will most likely return for the second comming in our life time. That also means the rise of the Antichrist. I personaly have been following prophecy for over six years and everything is moving along right on schedule. World government is the major sign. We are just years away. I have quite a bit of evidence to back up the world government, but only God knows if it's time. My guess it's very close. All I have time right now is to point you out to visions of future from near death experiances:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research32.html

Heres just an example of what you will find:

Lou Famoso's visions of the future:

(a) People from different nations, different religions, with different weapons, will kill each other which will result in hundreds of thousands of dead people.

(cool.gif Man will prey on man until man will pray for man.

© Floods will spill across the earth on different continents in different seasons.

(d) Hundreds of lives and acres upon acres of crops will be lost as well as hundreds of animals.

(e) Volcanoes from around the world will erupt; first one then another.

(f ) Earthquakes will destroy sections of almost every continent. One massive earthquake will occur in America. Most of the others will be in Europe and Asia and thousands of people will be killed.

(g) There will come a time when these things will happen all at once. It will come at the same time of humanity's greatest sins.

(h) Millions of people will cry because of the devastation of portions of New York City.

[Webmaster's note: This could be a reference to the New York City terrorist attack.]

(i ) A huge earthquake of magnitude 8.6 will happen at a place called Eureka (Eureka, California?).

(j ) Thousands of people will migrate from areas of frequent disasters to places of safety.

(k) Missiles will be fired simultaneously into space from several nations.

(l ) Eruptions on the sun will interfere with the earth - more than it ever has.

(m) A large mass from space will pass by the earth and cause it to wobble wildly like a spinning top.

(n) The oceans will rise, first along the Pacific Ring of Fire then others.

(o) A space station will fall from the heavens because of an internal explosion.

[Webmaster's note: This could be a reference to the doomed Space Shuttle Columbia disaster of 2003.]

(p) Landmasses will start to sink under the pressure of the ocean on it.

(q) These earth changes will result in a newer, cleaner, more beautiful planet.

The archangel Gabriel gave Lou Famoso the following message to take back to let others know that there is little to fear because the earth will go on forever:

Look to Orion and you will know when the new world will come.

Yes Jesus will most likely return for the second comming in our life time.  That also means the rise of the Antichrist.  I personaly have been following prophecy for over six years and everything is moving along right on schedule.  World government is the major sign.  We are just years away.  I have quite a bit of evidence to back up the world government, but only God knows if it's time.  My guess it's very close.  All I have time right now is to point you out to visions of future from near death experiances:

(a) People from different nations, different religions, with different weapons, will kill each other which will result in hundreds of thousands of dead people.

© Floods will spill across the earth on different continents in different seasons.

(d) Hundreds of lives and acres upon acres of crops will be lost as well as hundreds of animals.

(f ) Earthquakes will destroy sections of almost every continent. One massive earthquake will occur in America. Most of the others will be in Europe and Asia and thousands of people will be killed.

(g) There will come a time when these things will happen all at once. It will come at the same time of humanity's greatest sins.

(h) Millions of people will cry because of the devastation of portions of New York City.

[Webmaster's note: This could be a reference to the New York City terrorist attack.]

(i ) A huge earthquake of magnitude 8.6 will happen at a place called Eureka (Eureka, California?).

(j ) Thousands of people will migrate from areas of frequent disasters to places of safety.

(l ) Eruptions on the sun will interfere with the earth - more than it ever has.

(m) A large mass from space will pass by the earth and cause it to wobble wildly like a spinning top.

(o) A space station will fall from the heavens because of an internal explosion.

[Webmaster's note: This could be a reference to the doomed Space Shuttle Columbia disaster of 2003.]

The archangel Gabriel gave Lou Famoso the following message to take back to let others know that there is little to fear because the earth will go on forever:

700462[/snapback]

The proof is in Bible.. World events are sit up just in the perfect timing of God. I look up. MARANATHA thumbsup.gif

Nope, he blew it!  He promised to return while members of that generation still lived.  The early Christians even spent their lives getting ready for it!  That was nearly 2000 years ago and he didn't do as he promised!  He BLEW IT!  rolleyes.gif

699509[/snapback]

angry.gif That's a good point, Shadow Man. He probably just got recycled, like anyone else. If I get struck dead for saying that, I will use my super telekinetic powers to post a ph34r.gif to everyone....

bounce.gif Dr.H

Nope, he blew it!  He promised to return while members of that generation still lived.  The early Christians even spent their lives getting ready for it!  That was nearly 2000 years ago and he didn't do as he promised!  He BLEW IT!  rolleyes.gif

699509[/snapback]

Nice opinion you have there.

Three days after his death, Jesus returned and spoke to many different people - the gospel accounts announce 13 people by name. The book of Acts and 1 Corinthians gives more accounts of his appearances.

My understanding of the scripture thus shows that Jesus did indeed return in the lifetime of those people. He will return again though.

All the best,

deified men will return to those that seek to find them.

2000 years ago a few people deified jesus, and at any time a few people could deify yet another man as the second jesus.

Yes Jesus will most likely return for the second comming in our life time.  That also means the rise of the Antichrist.  I personaly have been following prophecy for over six years and everything is moving along right on schedule.  World government is the major sign.  We are just years away.  I have quite a bit of evidence to back up the world government, but only God knows if it's time.  My guess it's very close.  All I have time right now is to point you out to visions of future from near death experiances:

700462[/snapback]

ph34r.gif I recommend the link above. Very interesting stuff.

geek.gif I would just like to point out that the climatologists have made some points which tend to agree with some of these predictions.

angry.gif If mankind burns up all its fossil fuel in the next 200 years, the ice will all melt, making sea level rise by hundreds of meters, sufficient to flood the lower half of Florida. Also worth noting that during the Cretaceous, sea levels were high enough to flood the middle parts of the United States and Canada, and possibly they could get that high again.

w00t.gif Experts on petroleum say that oil production will reach its peak this year, and forever after decline. Yet, demand for petroleum is growing by leaps and bounds as India and China industrialize. If we were smart, we would ban cars from cities, and go back to bicycles and electric vehicles. Indeed, that is part of "my" utopia. See

Journey

angry.gif Global civilization is very fragile. We still have coal and nuclear and hydroelectric power, so I suppose we would still have enough electricity to run the Web, but there might be rationing of other uses. No A/C? Turn off the streetlights?

ph34r.gif Dr.H

My understanding of the scripture thus shows that Jesus did indeed return in the lifetime of those people. He will return again though.

Here is Matthew 24:25-24-34:

24:25 Behold, I have told you before.

24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Somehow, I don't see this as when he appeared to those after the crucifixion, he is definately talked about the end of the world. If you continue on:

24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away

24:36 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth

There it is from the mouth of your man-god, he is absolutely talking about the end of time and the establishment of God's Kingdom on Earth, not his appearing after his resurrection. What about that don't you comprehend? LC was right, He blew it! yes.gif

Edited by mako

699509[/snapback]

No, you just don't know how to interpret scripture.

Three days after his death, Jesus returned and spoke to many different people - the gospel accounts announce 13 people by name.  The book of Acts and 1 Corinthians gives more accounts of his appearances.

My understanding of the scripture thus shows that Jesus did indeed return in the lifetime of those people.  He will return again though.

700640[/snapback]

Exactly.

24:34 Verily I say unto you,

This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

701126[/snapback]

He is referring to the Jewish people.

Otherwise, don't you think he would have said "Your generation will not pass..."

The same could be said about "why didnt he just say the Jewish people will not pass," but these were not his exact words.

The scripture is debatable. It can be interpreted both ways. However, there is much more scriptural evidence that would suggest he meant the Jewish race in general.

700462[/snapback]

Most of those are so vague that they can be interpreted in any way.

The verse means that the generation that's alive during the tribulation should not pass until all those things have happened. Let's say it's going to happen during my generation. Well, my generation won't pass until it happens. Read a commentary before judging the biblical text. A lot of people just see something in the text and immediately jump to conclusions about it. Looks like people are desperate to prove the bible wrong. tongue.gif

Looks like people are desperate to prove the bible wrong. tongue.gif

702193[/snapback]

I'm starting to think the same thing.

Looks like people are desperate to prove the bible wrong. tongue.gif

702193[/snapback]

I'm starting to think the same thing.

702200[/snapback]

or is it that followers are desperate to prove it right?

realistically, believers are the ones with energy invested in christianity, so it would be them most willing to invest energy in defense of it.

all others really don't have anything to concern themselves with other than "all it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing".

or is it that followers are desperate to prove it right?

702249[/snapback]

but ask yourself the question, "who makes the most threads about religion?"

what do you think? skeptics, or believers?

I was thinking the former.

I usually never come into an argument and start proclaiming what I think is right, untill someone points the finger and proclaims that what I believe in to be wrong.

realistically, believers are the ones with energy invested in christianity, so it would be them most willing to invest energy in defense of it.

702249[/snapback]

but thats the keyword here, "defense". if i attack your beliefs, wouldn't you defend?

all others really don't have anything to concern themselves with other than "all it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing".

702249[/snapback]

its all in the minds eye. who is who, what is what...etc..

During the end times as talked about in the Bible, Jesus returns. The endtimes is also filled with chaos, destruction, and death, out with the old and in with the new. Jesus will bring heaven to earth.

The future predictions from the near death experiences (some of which came from "used to be atheists") correspond with the endtimes.

The Hopi Indians, also have prophecy which is following the same timeline of events. Slightly different but the same end result. A new beginning. Add that to the Mayan prophecy that the new world begins 2012 or around there. In fact many religions are expecting major change within our life times. Here are the signs of Hopi prophecy. We are currently in the eighth sign.

"The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

"These are the Signs that great destruction is coming.

for more info check out the source:

http://www.crystalinks.com/hopi2.html

Edited by scoobysnack

24:34 Verily I say unto you,

This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

He is referring to the Jewish people.

Otherwise, don't you think he would have said "Your generation will not pass..."

I say, more apologistic bull-tweedy.

He didn't come back when he prophecied, so it must mean something else than what he said.

it is said not even the angles know when he will come back but yes i do believe he will and that there is no telling when,but there are a few thing that are suppose to happen first and many of them have not yet come to pass, innocent.gif