Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I the only one?

Hazzard

After 6 months on this forum Im getting a bit sick of all this "governmen is covering up this and that".Of course the government and the US military are keeping some things seceret.

Some cover-ups are successful (by the simple fact no one can confirm one). Most fail, however, due to the nature of cover-ups to entail more manpower, more resources, and thus leave too much evidence and too many dangling threads for investigators to find.

Were aliens from another planet fit into all this I will never understand.

Operations at Groom Lake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51#Opera...s_at_Groom_Lake

The base is featured in episodes of the television series The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, The X-Files, Taken, Seven Days, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Kim Possible, Megas XLR (as Area 50), and Stargate SG-1, the movies Groom Lake, Looney Tunes: Back in Action (as Area 52) and Independence Day, and in the computer and video games Area 51, Area 51, Deus Ex, Duke Nukem 3D, Tomb Raider III, Perfect Dark, Twisted Metal 3, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (called Area 69), Destroy All Humans! (called Area 42), SimCity 4 (as Area 5.1). Half-Life, which is set mostly in and around the fictional Black Mesa Research Facility, is generally considered to be modeled after Area 51. It is also featured in several novels by Dale Brown and Robert Doherty's Area 51 series, which take place after Area 51 scientists make contact with extraterrestrials.

Do you think that this could have anything to do with the popular claim of aliens

at Groom lake.

I used to believe in all and everything "alien" when I was younger,but Ill

say it anyway.......Kids :rolleyes:

Edited by hazzard

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hazzard

• Lilly

• Super Pancake

• rapid7

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tired of of hearing government cover ups also to me its just an excuse for no evidence.

But I saw an episode of the boondocks and some white guy said this

"Unknown unknowns don't make them unknowns"

excellent site. they deny its existence yet they dont deny it . i love that kinda terminology.

excellent site.

Here is another one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life

Extraterrestrial life is life that may exist and originate outside the planet Earth. Its existence is currently hypothetical.
Edited by hazzard

excellent site. they deny its existence yet they dont deny it . i love that kinda terminology.

Actually I meant something else, here is another quote from the show.

"Lack of evidence of evidence does not mean their is no evidence."

so what I mean is when somebody says aliens exist or any other unexplained mystery, and we ask for evidence and they say the government is hiding them or something and ask evidence of that. Then they go like this just because there is no evidence it does not mean there isn't any evidence and they go crazy asking us were is the evidence that proves their is no evidence :lol:

P.S. the show was talking about the wmd in Iraq.

I'm tired of of hearing government cover ups also to me its just an excuse for no evidence.

But I saw an episode of the boondocks and some white guy said this

"Unknown unknowns don't make them unknowns"

Well I for one, and Hazzard could agree, believe we have a very corrupt government that does hide a lot of things from the public. This is the problem though, the evidence can be found, but until it's reported by one of the government controlled media organizations no one will believe it. That's how they cover it up, and that's also how they control what you think to be true and false.

A better way to say the phrase in your later post is this

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absense, it's evidence that has been denied to the American public."

9/11 is a major example of this. The voice of the victims families is simply not allowed on the American media. The only ones allowed to speak are the ones who go along with the official story. I just read a story of one mother who lost her daughter on 9/11, and was going to be interviewed by a reporter for CNN. Later she found out the reporter was not allowed to report that kind of information, so forget about the interview alltoghether.

http://www.rense.com/general69/919.htm

If you have your reality formed for you by the mainstream media only your perception of reality will not match real reality, but it's real to you.

The independent media is the place to go for real information.

Don't get me wrong there is legitamacy to think the media is biased in favor of the government on many issues, but no matter the source for any evidence whether from the government, media, independent, or a 15 year old on U.M. How am I to know a source is reliable in the first place?

I guess we got to go with our gut feeling or get off our asses and go see it for ourselves without getting killed by the men in black.

To be honest, I really don't think it would be possible to keep all of the alien related stuff I hear about a secret for the last 60 years (since Roswell). Also, a great deal of this 'alien information' is flat out contradictory...one rendition of the 'truth' frequently totally contradicts another rendition of the 'truth'! It just really doesn't make much sense to me.

If aliens have visited the Earth, I tend to think that noone, not even the government, really knows exactly what's going on. This is just my opinion...as there really isn't enough evidence to do much more than engage in wild speculation. user posted image

A better way to say the phrase in your later post is this

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absense, it's evidence that has been denied to the American public."

I agree. That is a much more accurate statement. The old 'cultural influence argument' just doesn't add up anymore. I mean why aren't people getting abducted by the 'predator' or seeing the Aliens from the film Aliens. Besides, many people from all over the world are reporting sightings of the same type of enitity/alien. And many of those people are free of 'alien abduction' culture.

If you are saying "There is no evidence that there are any alien bodies in Area 51"

I would say "no evidence available to you (personally)"

If you are saying "There are no alien bobies in area 51- period" Then that is a theory and you need to back it up, or it is simply a belief. An act of faith.

Oh and if you are going to back it up with the cultural influence argument then it's hardy original. Are you sure you haven't been 'culturally influenced' in accepting that as the norm?

Edited by rapid7

If you are saying "There are no alien bobies in area 51- period" Then that is a theory and you need to back it up, or it is simply a belief.

I would love a picture of an alien bobie. :lol:

Forget about the conspiracy theories and concentrate on what is presented to you as evidence...photo's video's and testimony...thats all you can do.

Eyewitness Testimony is easy to dismiss because it's someone else's experience which may or may not be accurate....but remember it is the mainstay of our judicial / justice systems and the law couldn't function without it.

The hundreds of thousands of independent witnesses and countless thousands of photo's and video's make very good circumstantial evidence and if the best of all were compiled and presented in a court of law......The most hardened sceptic would have to think twice.

Sometimes it's hard to see the woods for the trees ,if we could syve out the crap it would be great ,but if we look hard enough theres a compelling case for at least serious investigation.

Forget about the conspiracy theories and concentrate on what is presented to you as evidence...photo's video's and testimony...thats all you can do.

Eyewitness Testimony is easy to dismiss because it's someone else's experience which may or may not be accurate....but remember it is the mainstay of our judicial / justice systems and the law couldn't function without it.

The hundreds of thousands of independent witnesses and countless thousands of photo's and video's make very good circumstantial evidence and if the best of all were compiled and presented in a court of law......The most hardened sceptic would have to think twice.

Sometimes it's hard to see the woods for the trees ,if we could syve out the crap it would be great ,but if we look hard enough theres a compelling case for at least serious investigation.

Even though I know will reply and say that eyewitness is not reliable at all, I agree with you 100%.

Edited by ZeroShadow

The base is featured in episodes of the television series The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, The X-Files, Taken, Seven Days, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Kim Possible, Megas XLR (as Area 50), and Stargate SG-1, the movies Groom Lake, Looney Tunes: Back in Action (as Area 52) and Independence Day, and in the computer and video games Area 51, Area 51, Deus Ex, Duke Nukem 3D, Tomb Raider III, Perfect Dark, Twisted Metal 3, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (called Area 69), Destroy All Humans! (called Area 42), SimCity 4 (as Area 5.1). Half-Life, which is set mostly in and around the fictional Black Mesa Research Facility, is generally considered to be modeled after Area 51. It is also featured in several novels by Dale Brown and Robert Doherty's Area 51 series, which take place after Area 51 scientists make contact with extraterrestrials.

you really need to get out more....old man ;)

Edited by rapid7

Personally, I do think twice. In fact, I think a hell of a lot more than twice! Now, I know that a great many UFOs are just misidentifications of known objects, and I have a pretty good inkling that some are also black operations aircraft, but some still seem to defy explanation. Oh that we could just "syve out the crap"!

When there are cases on record like the Cash/Landrum UFO, and when one personally sees something odd in the sky, I'm all for investigating further. It's just not an easy task. How does one do a full investigation on something that's *here* then it's *not here*? This seems to be the real problem, in my opinion.

Seems like you have atleast the general idea even though you may not be leaning towards believing something not from earth is visiting.

I hate to admit that i am under the impression the goverment has and still will continue to do their best to keep this subject under wraps even if they don't have any control over it, hence why you have so many people reporting ufos these days.

Another note for people is that even things like project blue book were totally rubbed out. Sure alot of documents are declassified , but the amount still pertaining far out wieghs the amount that is accessable to the public.

I still cant imagine why people even debate asking the question as to why people talk about goverment coverups, because unless your blind you would know it happens more often then not.

This is only my opinion anyways so what does it matter :)

I agree,there are to many hoaxes,misidentifications and straight out liars in the UFO crowd,this is what destroys the credibility for the rest of us who are genuinely interested in this phenomenon.

Blasea58.

I still cant imagine why people even debate asking the question as to why people talk about goverment coverups, because unless your blind you would know it happens more often then not.

That could have been true if the US government were only one on the planet ,but I refuse to believe that every government and every amateur astronomer in the world is in on this "aliens on Earth" cover-up.

Super pancake might have hit the nail when he said... "I'm tired of of hearing government cover ups also, to me its just an excuse for no evidence."

Edited by hazzard

I agree,there are to many hoaxes,misidentifications and straight out liars in the UFO crowd,this is what destroys the credibility for the rest of us who are genuinely interested in this phenomenon.

"Well poisoning" to the max, I'd say.

That could have been true if the US government were only one on the planet ,but I refuse to believe that every government and every amateur astronomer on the planet is in on this "aliens on Earth" cover-up.

Exactly! I just don't think that such a cover up is even remotely possible.

Seems like you have atleast the general idea even though you may not be leaning towards believing something not from earth is visiting.

But you see, I don't want to believe...I want to know. If I don't have the evidence and data to render a good, solid, scientifically sound explanation, I'll reserve coming to a conclusion until I do. Sure, I may never know...but that's the way the cookie crumbles! user posted image

"I'm tired of of hearing government cover ups also, to me its just an excuse for no evidence."

Whate this all about then..??? :huh:

:huh:user posted image:huh:

:huh: If this aint a cover up then I'll drink my own urine..! :huh:

:lol: dunderhead you never fail to make me laugh :P:rofl:

Would we get pics :huh:

... If this aint a cover up then I'll drink my own urine..! :huh:

No need for those extremes! user posted image

Sure, it indicates something the government doesn't want known...but how do you know it's about aliens? Why not some cold war stuff having to do with the Russians, or something having to do with experimental aircraft? What I'm saying is that keeping the lid on alien visitation for the last 60 years doesn't seem all that probable. This phenomena would be world wide and every country would have to agree do this! Add this to the fact that the *leaked* information that people say is the *truth* is frequently very contradictory...it just doesn't all add up.

Exactly,that paper could fit in ANY of the forums on this site as "evidence" of a Government cover-up. :lol:

Edited by hazzard

my personal opinion, because frankly i have no idea what the government really knows and what it doesnt, is that the government , military has no clue. but in order to make the public feel safe and secure, as well as promoting the publics faith in the militaries ability to protect them from any "foreign" elements, i believe they make disinformation campaigns and pay disinformants to release information that suggests that the government/military knows more about the alien issue than they really do.

if a species exists that can come to this world, their technology would be amazing. not only this, but they would probably be much older as a species than ourselves. this being said, it would be like if humans made open contact with gorillas and gave only one clan the technology that they could understand, or that we could teach them to understand. the odds of a species of such age and of such technological advancement, in my opinion, doing this for another less evolved species is highly unlikely. however, its possible, but as i said, i find the idea unlikely.

from what i can guess, it seems to me that if an extra terrestrial species is able to get to earth or has been able to , the interference they would exert on lower species would probably be more like us altering the genetics of dogs via breeding programs. it would not be an analytic influence but rather a synoptic influence, like breeding. in an attempt to breed out the violent behavior in the dog, or in thier case, the human. not only this but why is it a cat doesnt use the remote control and watch what it wants? because the cat has serious physical limitations (brain) to do such things. it is literally incapable of expanding its abilities without the additions of genetic changes. a cat , as it physical is, can not understand the remote and its effects on the television, or what it all means.

so in conclusion of my opinions, the vessel of the body, composed of genetics, creates the brain, a tool of short term memory, while the genetics are the real life form oe long term memory. damage the vessel(genetics), and you ruin your future. responsible manipulation of the vessel(genetics), changes what it contains, and the mind , in consequence can understand more abstractions than it could before, as well as if enough manipulations are constructed, new abilities. the government knows this, but does not have direct interaction with the species themselves. but it is useful for them to spread disinformation so that they can promote internal faith in them by the populace, and external fear by foreign bodies.

lol and its ok you can call me crazy, im fully aware im a little crazy, as well as stupid. because, im not perfect, hence, i must be somewhat crazy, and im not all kowing, and hence, must be stupid ;)