Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is Psi?

jay123

So, in a Psions Opinion, what is Psi? And why is its only trick is to spin a wheel on a pin? surely moving a thin peice of paper across a desk takes just is much "Psi" energy or levitating somthing light?

And psi balls, If they can't effect anything, or be measured. How can you be sure theyre there?

I'm not taking a shot at anyone, just would like a straight answer :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• signal7

• AngelOfMusic

• stevemc2

So, in a Psions Opinion, what is Psi? And why is its only trick is to spin a wheel on a pin? surely moving a thin peice of paper across a desk takes just is much "Psi" energy or levitating somthing light?

And psi balls, If they can't effect anything, or be measured. How can you be sure theyre there?

You know their there cause u can feel em..And, I dont use psi for TK...Like, I might, but I dont use that as my visualaztion..I just will the wheel to move, and it does....

They sound pretty useless in psiball form, but if you can master them, they can be used for all sorts of different things, like with empathy, telepathy, i've heard that some people can get them so powerful they can be seen and used as night lights and stuff. Just look it up! psipog.net

Plus, i suppose you can't really measure them, or even know if they are there. But faith, and the will to believe in it, it can be there! Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there!

Hope this helps!

Angel x

Yea..And even if they are just our imaginataions..They still a hell lotta fun...

Edited by Heartagram3200

Psi (pronounced sigh) is a term commonly used by parapsychologists to refer to both ESP and psychokinesis taken together. The term was coined by B.P. Weisner and recommended by R.H. Thouless as a term for describing ESP in his 1942 article "The Present Position of Experimental Research into Telepathy and Related Phenomena," (Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research, 47, part 166, pp. 1-19). J. B Rhine (1948 Reach of the Mind) used the term to refer to both ESP and psychokinesis.

also, people seem to say boo ya here, for demeaning values only btw, i do not approve of it but what can ya do.

booya

"Bam!", "in your face", and "hell yeah", all at the same time. A term that self-congratulates, describes excitement, lets others know the magnificence of the celebration as well as the superiority of the user, and is used as an exclamation of those ideas.

Edited by MarkSteven

I think it is possible to measure them if you souldn't take a thermometer, I think I already wrote that down somewhere else yesterday -__- anyway, if you throw your ball at the thermometer it might rise and you could have proof of the existence of a psiball but those skeptics will find a new fake theory anyway so I don't know if I even want to try this. oh and uuhm Mark what the hell ya mean with that booya part?

Psi is the Term for Psychic Phenomenon. Accepted in practice, psy is disorder of the mind. I included is putting your order in.

P.S. inclusive of and therein. This is the readily accepted term branch of scientific phenomenon known as super normal. Out of the ordinary.

Typical effect required: God, I WISH, I could do that...

Be sure and manipulate on a whim...

I just will the wheel to move, and it does....

I see you are still making these claims. Or is this an April Fool's joke?

I'm afraid I do not believe you.

Can you explain your avatar to me please Papaver? And tbh, he's not really making claims, well he is, but he's not going, 'nah nah nah nah nah, i can do tk, bla bla bla'. he's just helping someone who's asked for help. If he says he can do it, just let him be, yeah? If he can prove it, then let him prove it. If he can't or doesn't want to, then just take his word for it or don't believe him, don't hurt his pride like that!

But i really do love you lots, like sweet sweet jelly tots!

Angel x

Can you explain your avatar to me please Papaver?

It is the flag of the infamous pirate Edward Teach aka "Blackbeard".

The flag depicts a beeding heart being speared by a naked man holding an hourglass. It is a warning to those who came across him to surrender or they would not have long left to live. The nakedness I believe is to just make it that little bit rude. Sometimes the character on his flag is depicted as a devil and I use that version on another forum I frequent.

The reason I use the flag is because of it's connection with lack of sovereignty. I do not belong to the State or any other organisation or group for that matter. I am an individualist. I do not display the borrowed flag as a warning as I am not in the slightest bit aggressive.

Edited by Papaver

Aaaaah brilliant! I like it! So you don't belong to a state? As in the USA? Or anywhere that has states? Sorry, i'm very poor at geography, good job i didn't take it!

Angel x

Thanks, Angel IS right..I'm not technically makin a claim..I'm simpily helping people with a question they asked...It's funny, how out of the tons of psions, who make claims, some of em very crazy (Electro) It's me who gets picked on...

Thanks, Angel IS right..I'm not technically makin a claim..I'm simpily helping people with a question they asked...It's funny, how out of the tons of psions, who make claims, some of em very crazy (Electro) It's me who gets picked on...

There is no conspiracy against you, you did make a claim and people called you on it simple as that.

What makes your post pathetic and hypocritical is the fact you called someone who makes similar claims to you crazy. Which might I add is a clear violation of board rules since it was a direct personal attack and it's not the first time either.

He who complains about being picked on has no problem picking on anyone else.... pathetic.

I was simpily saying, some of the believers, I admit, make insanely fake claims, such as I can fly, and geokinesis, I was only using elector as an example because..He does do jus that....

I was simpily saying, some of the believers, I admit, make insanely fake claims, such as I can fly, and geokinesis, I was only using elector as an example because..He does do jus that....

You claim to move solid objects by simply thinking about it among the claims like making people look around by sending them messages via telepathy.

Your claims are no less valid then the claims Electro makes. Therefor you have no right at all to call anyone on these boards out without making yourself look like an imbecile and hypocrite.

This is how it really is whether you think so or not.

You claim to move solid objects by simply thinking about it among the claims like making people look around by sending them messages via telepathy.

Your claims are no less valid then the claims Electro makes. Therefor you have no right at all to call anyone on these boards out without making yourself look like an imbecile and hypocrite.

This is how it really is whether you think so or not.

Yes...But my claims are things that other people have claimed...Stuff, that isn't as disbelievable, such as flying..I meant no disrespect towards eelctro..Just an example...

Yes...But my claims are things that other people have claimed...Stuff, that isn't as disbelievable, such as flying..I meant no disrespect towards eelctro..Just an example...

Electro makes claims that everyone else has made before too.

Your claims are no more believable then his bottom line.

You can say you didn't mean any disrespect toward the guy but you called him crazy and tried to make an example out of him then cried foul you were getting picked on. Sorry but you can't wiggle your way out of this one.

And you mock every believer on here, and call them ALL crazy...I called one guy...Big diffrence

And you mock every believer on here, and call them ALL crazy...I called one guy...Big diffrence

Please find a post of mine where I make this claim. It will be difficult because I have never made this claim just offered my opinion.

You called one guy crazy for making similar claims that you make...

Turning the argument around on me won't make you look like any less of a hypocrite.

Sounds like some lost at Psi-Ops. Great game, from what I hear. Over 1 year old, some celebration of.

Most requested new move, outside the box...

Aaaaah brilliant! I like it! So you don't belong to a state? As in the USA? Or anywhere that has states? Sorry, i'm very poor at geography, good job i didn't take it!

Angel x

No I mean the State with a capital "S" under this definition "the body politic as organized for civil rule and government".

I pay my taxes and do no harm to others. So apart from that, I want the nanny State, the spying mistrusting State that I increasingly see encroaching into my every day life to back off and stay out of it.

No I mean the State with a capital "S" under this definition "the body politic as organized for civil rule and government".

Now you know why anarchy never caught in the otherwise libertarian United States. The anarchists would go on and on about the menace posed by the evil state, and nobody in their audience would see how anybody could be scared of Rhode Island.

Word of advice. If you can't see it, can't feel it & can't measure it, chances are it ain't there. Follow this simple advice with all these mystical claims & you won't be drawn into a world of self delusion. :tu:

P.S.

Same advice applies to U.F.Os, dragons, bigfoot, ghosts, nessie...etc, etc.

do we really need to be bashing each other in every thread ag hg

Same advice applies to U.F.Os, dragons, bigfoot, ghosts, nessie...etc, etc.

actually, ufo's are real (unidentified flying objects) people see them all the time, if they see something flying and they don't know what it is it's a ufo

dragons are real (comodo dragon)

bigfoot, this new research that talks about a bigfoot type creature does live in the deep wilderness and researchers have evidence of it, however it might not be like the tall tales that we know so well.

ghosts (exist) but they don't call them ghosts, more like entities or spiritual beings.

nessie (now that's not real) in fact there is an interview of the person or people that made it up.

however this is april.

do we really need to be bashing each other in every thread ag hg

actually, ufo's are real (unidentified flying objects) people see them all the time, if they see something flying and they don't know what it is it's a ufo

dragons are real (comodo dragon)

bigfoot, this new research that talks about a bigfoot type creature does live in the deep wilderness and researchers have evidence of it, however it might not be like the tall tales that we know so well.

ghosts (exist) but they don't call them ghosts, more like entities or spiritual beings.

nessie (now that's not real) in fact there is an interview of the person or people that made it up.

however this is april.

FINALLY! An answer to all these mysteries! Sauruman, you can close down this board now. Mark answered all the questions. See above post for details.