Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Do you like your work?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 13 July 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

You're a persistant little beggar, aren't you?  I bet you gave your mummy a hell of a bad time with your incessant questions which get re-iterated if not answered.

Had my doubts before, but yep, you're one of those annoying, whining little people who think that they are god's gift to the world and anything you want should be handed to you.   What happened?  Did Mummy lock you in the closet too long?

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#32    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,332 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

You're a persistant little beggar, aren't you?  I bet you gave your mummy a hell of a bad time with your incessant questions which get re-iterated if not answered.

Don't patronize me. We gave you answers yet each one you felt was somehow a lie or a delusion.
Everyone has their reasons and we are not here to beg for your approval on the matter.

Edited by Ryu, 13 July 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#33    some new guy

some new guy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostBeany, on 13 July 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

It's for other readers who have more open minds, who might share with me some satisfaction about their jobs. And the pleasure of being self-supporting.

oh man, you're not kidding - being self-employed and self-sufficient is the best job/life anyone could hope for - sure there's problems and hassels but thats part of the charm, you get to deal with them on your own terms

View PostJMPD1, on 12 July 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

LOL  of all the things I have had to do in this life, justifying the fact that I like my work, did not occur to me.

haha - I know, how amazing is that

BEST - Ron

#34    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,987 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostJMPD1, on 13 July 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

Had my doubts before, but yep, you're one of those annoying, whining little people who think that they are god's gift to the world and anything you want should be handed to you.   What happened?  Did Mummy lock you in the closet too long?

Hmmm, for a writer your response is surprisingly full of cliches and your insults lack any real creativity. I'm giving your response a 6.2 for those reasons.

Edited by Beany, 13 July 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#35    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,987 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostRyu, on 13 July 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

Don't patronize me. We gave you answers yet each one you felt was somehow a lie or a delusion.
Everyone has their reasons and we are not here to beg for your approval on the matter.

Ryu, she's never going to get it, can't get it, don't expect any normal behaviors.

#36    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Please forgive that I have not read all the posts, I usually do.

On the general topic here, I have had both good and bad experiences with employer's.

Too complex to shortly elaborate, so I won't.

What I will say is this... be careful. I was a manager several times, and I can tell you that a weird "power-trip" can go through a manager's head, to the detriment of an employee.

Then I became an employee at another company and felt what I was previously dishing-out.
Karma? Likely not. Just employment life.

Employment can be great or very hard to handle. I had a manager once that said to me "It's not the job, it's the people" So true.
Perhaps this a reason why some, if financially able, choose self-employment(i.e. their own business), which is what I did.

#37    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostBeany, on 13 July 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

Hmmm, for a writer your response is surprisingly full of cliches and your insults lack any real creativity. I'm giving your response a 6.2 for those reasons.

Aww shucks Ma'am, you should see me after I've had my coffee ;)

Can I have another go?

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#38    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,987 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostJMPD1, on 13 July 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Aww shucks Ma'am, you should see me after I've had my coffee ;)

Can I have another go?

The rating was for Panto, but perhaps you'd like to attempt to exceed her score. Post-caffeine, of course. I personally have to set up my coffee maker in the evening because I can't make morning coffee unless I've already had coffee.

#39    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostBeany, on 13 July 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

I imagine there are plenty of other factors other than a job that hinders you from interacting in any meaningful way, like your contempt & disdain for anyone other than yourself. I'm assuming that your behavior is pathological and therefore out of your control, but it's sometimes hard to remember that. I'm also guessing you've tried meds & counseling/therapy, with little or no success. So this forum is perfect for you: anonymity, no repercussions, a limited feedback system that allows you to maintain your delusions, few rules or guidelines that might keep you from insulting other participants. There isn't a person on this forum who deserves the kind of treatment you dish out, the name-calling you engage in, the utter lack of respect, and failure to recognize the validity of a POV that doesn't match yours.

Congratulations, Beany, you're on top form today!

#40    BloomyDave

BloomyDave

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• "Everyone is ignorant, only on different subjects" - Ernie Pyle

"Beware the fury of a patient man." -play write John Dryden

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 11 July 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

In fact, employment actually hinders and prevents me from interacting in any meaningful way with people.  And as to the dream job: to quote a slave owner responding to requests for advice from other slave owners about good slave management "keep the slave physically strong but psychologically weak" --- it is part of psychological weakness, and a part that serves slave owners well, if the slaves cannot conceive of anything better, have lost the ability to dream.

As for the welfare, you're welcome.

Did you start this thread just to be a jerk? It appears to be the case.

#41    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

I think just because people may find their jobs difficult doesn't mean they don't enjoy their lives. It just means they realize that life will hand you difficulties whatever way you approach it and some people prefer life to be a challenge anyway, in order to allow themselves to grow as people. At least that's how it is for me and how it is for people I know. They're not afraid of a bit of hardship because it's leading them to a goal they have in mind.

#42    Arbenol68

Arbenol68

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostBloomyDave, on 16 July 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Did you start this thread just to be a jerk?

Panto appears to be a deeply unhappy individual who assumes everybody must be as desperately miserable as she is. And if you have the audacity to write anything that suggests a modicum of joy in your life, she'll do her best to remove it.

And yes. She starts every thread just to be a jerk.

It's oddly entertaining, though.

Edited by Arbenol68, 18 July 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#43    shrooma

shrooma

.goddamn sexual tyrannosaur.

• 2,977 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

i enjoy my job a great deal, most of the jobs i've had in fact, whether it's been landscape gardening, cheffing, engineering, or voluntary work for a local cancer trust.
the key to liking your job is choosing to do something you enjoy doing, and not to look at as work.
my job allows me to operate lots of heavy plant & machinery, to build complicated items from steel, to hammer the s**t out of huge lumps of metal all day long, and have pride in the finished article.
and i enjoy it immensely.
of the examples you've cited PD, the people can't possibly have "loved" what they were doing, only thought they did.
i "love" the sun, and if i could get a job testing tanning lotions, sitting by a pool in spain or greece, reading books & drinking chilled margueritas, do you honestly think i could get sick of doing that for a living?
of course i couldn't.
but i don't expect you to believe me.
do you think astronauts get p***ed-off when they have to *yawn* go back up into space?
of course they don't.
but i suspect you wouldn't believe them either.
(even the female ones.....)
;-)
i play in a band
(The Beltaines, miss them at your peril!!),
and enjoy every second of it. not once, ever, has it felt like a chore, and i've been doing it for thirty years.
but i don't expect you'll believe me.

i'm a fairly competant artist, and i draw because there are pictures inside me, and can not stop until they're on paper in front of me.
then i give them away to whomever wants them, because the joy is in the creation, not the resultant circumstance of the end product.
but i don't expect you to believe me.
it is very, very easy to enjoy doing things you enjoy doing, and people who can't, haven't found something they truly enjoy doing yet.
believe it or not.....

Edited by shrooma, 18 July 2013 - 11:15 AM.

sometimes, your signature is worth nothing at all.

#44    shrooma

shrooma

.goddamn sexual tyrannosaur.

• 2,977 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostBeany, on 13 July 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

There isn't a person on this forum who deserves the kind of treatment you dish out, the name-calling you engage in, the utter lack of respect, and failure to recognize the validity of a POV that doesn't match yours.
Beany has a very valid point here PD.
these are public forums, as you know, and personal attacks & derogatory remarks about fellow posters are neither welcomed, nor allowed, so you might want to reign in the causticity a little huh?

sometimes, your signature is worth nothing at all.

#45    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

It is so heartening to see how many of you enjoy your work.  Maybe I do have too black a view of the world of work; there's obviously great scope in this world for job satisfaction; Josef Mengele, Angel of Death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users