Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big brother to log ur drinking and waist size

seeder

Big brother to log your drinking habits and waist size as GPs are forced to hand over confidential records

* Data includes weight, cholesterol, BMI, family health history and pulse rate

* Doctors will be forced to reveal alcohol consumption and smoking status

* Privacy campaigners described it as 'biggest data grab in NHS history'

* Part of new Health Service programme called Everyone Counts

* Officials insisted data will be anonymous and deleted after analysis

Nice to know we who live in a democracy were not advised of this isnt it?

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2JjsnyVok

Edited by seeder

They warned the move would end patient confidentiality and hand personal information to third parties.

Well ofcourse it will, I assume all the data protection laws are to be changed then?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Big brother to log your drinking habits and waist size as GPs are forced to hand over confidential records

* Data includes weight, cholesterol, BMI, family health history and pulse rate

* Doctors will be forced to reveal alcohol consumption and smoking status

* Privacy campaigners described it as 'biggest data grab in NHS history'

* Part of new Health Service programme called Everyone Counts

* Officials insisted data will be anonymous and deleted after analysis

Nice to know we who live in a democracy were not advised of this isnt it?

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2JjsnyVok

North America will be next

• Like 1

North America will be next

Just speculating but speaking as an American

I see private as well as govt health care plans raising rates for the "unhealthier" among us. Much like auto insurance rates and accidents/claims. And high taxes on tobacco and alcohol.

The benefit is if healthier individuals' rates be cut a break and future health problems avoided due to monitoring and an incentive to live healthier.

This also gets everyone in to the doctor: (Big Doctor I call it) for tests and screenings and vaccinations regularly due to some kind of required annual monitoring to decide your health insurance rates or worse, if you can qualify for coverage at all if you refuse annual Big Doctor checks and tests/recommendations/medications.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I see private as well as govt health care plans raising rates for the "unhealthier" among us. Much like auto insurance rates and accidents/claims. And high taxes on tobacco and alcohol.

The benefit is if healthier individuals' rates be cut a break and future health problems avoided due to monitoring and an incentive to live healthier.

This also gets everyone in to the doctor: (Big Doctor I call it) for tests and screenings and vaccinations regularly due to some kind of required annual monitoring to decide your health insurance rates or worse, if you can qualify for coverage at all if you refuse annual Big Doctor checks and tests/recommendations/medications.

Well I was listening to the radio chat show in my car, they say insurers are already asking for details so they can "adjust the services accordingly"..meaning, if like me, you've gone to the docs after a week on the sauce and need something for the shakes and hangover...that this info 'could' be issued to insurer's, regardless of whether it has caused any driving issues.

Imagine that? "Sorry seeder we have to put your premium up coz we know you like a bender"

ggrr

Edited by seeder

This is one of the creepiest things about it all,no one really knows what is going to happen yet.This was all put into place by people who have openly stated that even they did not know what all was in it lol None of us can do anything but speculate

• Like 2

What are they going to do after the analysis?

Frogmarch us to the nearest hospital and try to change our lifestyle.

This makes me more resolute to not have regular check- ups from my GP.

Not only will I get dodgy medication but my medical history will be seriously compromised.

Btw does this include all information from the start?

Because they already know my pulse rate and smoking status.

The rest of it can be open to interpretion but there's no account of serious disease.

I don't think chicken pox counts because once you've had it you've got immunity for life.

What irks me the most about this is the fact that pscychatric records are not sacrosanct anymore.

That's a great invasion of privacy in my eyes.

Edited by Medium Brown

What are they going to do after the analysis?

Frogmarch us to the nearest hospital and try to change our lifestyle.

This makes me more resolute to not have regular check- ups from my GP.

Not only will I get dodgy medication but my medical history will be seriously compromised.

Btw does this include all information from the start?

Because they already know my pulse rate and smoking status.

The rest of it can be open to interpretion but there's no account of serious disease.

I don't think chicken pox counts because once you've had it you've got immunity for life.

What irks me the most about this is the fact that pscychatric records are not sacrosanct anymore.

That's a great invasion of privacy in my eyes.

Imagine the long term... what if, you were unemployed and they say..."Well, youre a fat git, depressed, lonely, cant fit in, puffs ganja and drinks like a fish, so no, sorry bud, no social security for you, nor full state pension, you're just a loser and why should society pay for losers?"

Imagine the long term... what if, you were unemployed and they say..."Well, youre a fat git, depressed, lonely, cant fit in, puffs ganja and drinks like a fish, so no, sorry bud, no social security for you, nor full state pension, you're just a loser and why should society pay for losers?"

And your solution is what?

A government that is powerful enough to provide for your needs is also able to deny them as well. The wealthy and the destitute will receive medical care. The working classes will pay for everyone yet be denied their own based on such rules as these. Seems imminently fair to me :whistle:

:gun:

• Like 2

I'm torn on this one, considering the problems with obesity this country has. The effect it has on the NHS is astounding.

I thought the information wouldn't contain personal details such as names or addresses, just a simple count or list. so if a doctors surgery has 20 people - the list would simply be patient 1, patient 2 and so on. or am i missing something? and then after conducting the analysis they'll be able to budget better for areas were a higher than normal proportion of the population suffer from being overweight, alcohol consumption, smoking etc? its no worse than when the government/DVLA sold every driving license holders details. no?

• Like 1

You have just described me and my cousin in one sentence.

I'll claim the fat git,unemployed,can't fit in and drinks coffee like a fish.

While my cousin is unemployed,lonely,puffs ganga and drinks coke like a fish.

The only thing that dosn't gel is the depression thing.

So after all this it's some kind of way of founding out whether or not we are worthy of claiming benefits.

They take a gander at my files,burn it and try and stop my disability living allowance.

I can't see how it will effect the Jobseekers allowance though.

And btw I'm assured of my state pension through twenty three years of working at Remploy.

Unless I failed to fill in all the forms...

Edited by Medium Brown

That's how it works. The UK is Big Brother's test lab.

Seems to be,everything starts over seas next thing you know here it comes lol

• Like 1

Seems to be,everything starts over seas next thing you know here it comes lol

I heard *that*. Look at CCTV. The UK leads the world in that category. Two or three years after they clinched that record, we put hidden lenses all over the place. At least, we don't put cameras in familys' homes (AFAIK). They did that across the pond if the homes were labelled as problematic or troubled. Now, some new American TVs can do the same thing to us. Some appliances can spy on us too!