Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beck said we should Abolish Medicare

Ryinrea

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• Dade Murphy

• Startraveler

• Ryinrea

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He was talking about Anthony Weiner and his idea of expanding Medicare and the fact that its projected to be exhausted by 2018.

"Expanding Medicare is an unvarnished, complete victory for people like me," said Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y. "It's the mother of all public options. We've taken something people know and expanded it. ... Never mind the camel's nose, we've got his head and neck under the tent."

Source and full story

He was talking about Anthony Weiner and his idea of expanding Medicare and the fact that its projected to be exhausted by 2018.

"Expanding Medicare is an unvarnished, complete victory for people like me," said Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y. "It's the mother of all public options. We've taken something people know and expanded it. ... Never mind the camel's nose, we've got his head and neck under the tent."

Source and full story

Medicare isn't a government run health program?

Beck as usual is making a complete buffoon out of himself. Medicare is not only widely popular but also routinely gets higher success ratings over private plans.

Source and full story

Glenn Beck is a idtio that needs a history lesson. Medicare is a social insurance program administered by the United States government, It also popular , and has great success over privet plans. He is also making it easy for the Democrats to win again, and again.

Edited by Ryinrea

Medicare isn't a government run health program?

Medicare is the U.S. government's health insurance program for people age 65 or older.

Beck as usual is making a complete buffoon out of himself. Medicare is not only widely popular but also routinely gets higher success ratings over private plans.

Again Beck was talking about the debt it is in, it will be exhausted by 2018. why is it that when a Republican or conservitive thinks about cutting/fixing Medicare the left spins it to trying to get rid of it, yet under this congress and Obama they plan on a $400 billion in cuts to Medicare and Medicaid Source and some how its a great idea?

Medicare is the U.S. government's health insurance program for people age 65 or older.

So..."government-run" or no?

why is it that when a Republican or conservitive thinks about cutting/fixing Medicare the left spins it to trying to get rid of it,

You mean when a conservative says something like

And, wait wait wait. And I also said why don’t you just abolish Medicare, because it’s so wildly corrupt and out of control. It’s so inefficient, it is so bad and there’s $47 billion in suspected wrong payments, okay, in Medicare.

Yeah, where would one get the idea that he wants to abolish Medicare?

yet under this congress and Obama they plan on a $400 billion in cuts to Medicare and Medicaid Source and some how its a great idea?

You think the changes are a bad idea?

Again Beck was talking about the debt it is in, it will be exhausted by 2018. why is it that when a Republican or conservitive thinks about cutting/fixing Medicare the left spins it to trying to get rid of it, yet under this congress and Obama they plan on a $400 billion in cuts to Medicare and Medicaid Source and some how its a great idea?

The proposed cuts are an attempt to encourage hospitals and other providers to become more efficient. They are essentially common sense ways to reduce costs. For instance, making insurance companies actually compete to participate in medicare advantage, instead of just simply paying them to do so. Its mostly, among other things, about reforming the way the government deals with insurance companies so that they can't cheat the taxpayers out of more money any longer.

Why is it that Republicans have tried to abolish or scaleback medicare ever since its inception and are now pretending to actually care about medicare and the healthcare of senior citizens?

Also, why is it that John McCain and Sarah Palin campaigned on these very same Medicare cuts during their failed '08 election bid yet are now grandstanding and pretending as if Democrats want to kick seniors out on the streets?

So..."government-run" or no?

What do you think?

You mean when a conservative says something like
And, wait wait wait. And I also said why dont you just abolish Medicare, because its so wildly corrupt and out of control. Its so inefficient, it is so bad and theres $47 billion in suspected wrong payments, okay, in Medicare.

Yeah, where would one get the idea that he wants to abolish Medicare?

I watched his show today and I don't think he was serious with getting rid of Medicare. he made fun of some of the crap thats going on with it but he was focused more on what Anthony Weiner said.

You think the changes are a bad idea?

How can you cut it when it will run out of money soon.

Edited by Caesar

What do you think?

I'm asking you. Is it "government-run health care" or not? And if it is, is it a threat to freedom that should be abolished?

The proposed cuts are an attempt to encourage hospitals and other providers to become more efficient. They are essentially common sense ways to reduce costs. For instance, making insurance companies actually compete to participate in medicare advantage, instead of just simply paying them to do so. Its mostly, among other things, about reforming the way the government deals with insurance companies so that they can't cheat the taxpayers out of more money any longer.

LOL this makes no sense

Why is it that Republicans have tried to abolish or scaleback medicare ever since its inception and are now pretending to actually care about medicare and the healthcare of senior citizens?

Maybe because its going to default and want something more efficient. just about every government program is going under, what makes you think throwing more money or having more programs will help?

Also, why is it that John McCain and Sarah Palin campaigned on these very same Medicare cuts during their failed '08 election bid yet are now grandstanding and pretending as if Democrats want to kick seniors out on the streets?

I never liked John McCain and I didn't vote.

I'm asking you. Is it "government-run health care" or not? And if it is, is it a threat to freedom that should be abolished?

Its a social insurance program administered by the government. I think it will default unless they raise the age limit or raise taxes.

How did I do?

LOL this makes no sense

Thank you for this well thought out scholarly response. It didn't even contain an 'librels r dumb' statement either.

Maybe because its going to default and want something more efficient.

That's great news, you want a more efficient government run healthcare program as well. Have you considered a completely revamped universal system? I mean, after all just about every other industrialized nation that offers a universal care system spends far less than we do and gets better results as well.

just about every government program is going under,

Such as?

what makes you think throwing more money or having more programs will help?

How does making cuts to medicare equal 'throwing more money' at it?

I never liked John McCain and I didn't vote.

Im glad to hear that. Please continue to not vote.

Thank you for this well thought out scholarly response. It didn't even contain an 'librels r dumb' statement either.

Well you made that to easy for me.

That's great news, you want a more efficient government run healthcare program as well. Have you considered a completely revamped universal system? I mean, after all just about every other industrialized nation that offers a universal care system spends far less than we do and gets better results as well.

The government doesn't run healthcare, unless your in the military. and I don't think they get better results, we have the best healthcare in the world, the problem is insurance.

Such as?

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, FDIC and FHA to name a few. all these programs will need more money very soon.

How does making cuts to medicare equal 'throwing more money' at it?

at first thats what Obama discussed, then it was cuts for coming up with the funds for UH, now its make it bigger with Anthony Weiner and his idea of expanding Medicare. I asume put more money into it when he used the word "expanding" after all how can you add more people by cutting it?