Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin's Book a Best-Seller Before Release

AROCES

NEW YORK -- Sarah Palin finished her book quickly and became a best seller even faster.

Just two days after HarperCollins announced that the release of Palin's memoir, "Going Rogue," had been moved up from the spring to Nov. 17, preorders for the former Alaska governor's book have made it No. 1 on Barnes & Noble.com on Wednesday and at No. 2 on Amazon.com, trailing only Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol."

Palin, in collaboration with author Lynn Vincent, completed her 400-page book just four months after agreeing to terms with HarperCollins, which plans a first printing of 1.5 million copies.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/us_books_palin/2009/09/30/266738.html

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• shaka5

• The Silver Thong

• questionmark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All I can say: Thank god she had a ghostwriter, it may take the hilarious aspects out but will surely increase the legibility of the oeuvre.

I'm no hater, so i'm happy that she's making her money and the book is a success...but i seriously can't believe how many people take her seriously

All I can say: Thank god she had a ghostwriter, it may take the hilarious aspects out but will surely increase the legibility of the oeuvre.

:lol: That was my first thought when I saw the thread title........."hmmm, I wonder who is writing it for her" ;)

I'm no hater, so i'm happy that she's making her money and the book is a success...but i seriously can't believe how many people take her seriously

About the same amount that take Glenn Beck seriously. A lot of people will read it though just to see how bad it will be, for the same reason beck's show is so highly rated!! People like to be entertained by any means necessary, even if it's by watching train wrecks :rolleyes:

sarah palin does not need to "get her money". she needs to be gettin her sanity.

Someone who doesn't(can't?) read cannot write a good book. Even with a co-writer.

in related news

Sarah's lectures a tough sell

SARAH Palin is said to have pocketed a $7 million advance for the 400-page memoir she turned in four months early, but she might not have such an easy time on the lecture circuit.

After quitting as governor of Alaska in July, Palin signed with the top-notch Washington Speakers Bureau, which also reps George W. Bush, Laura Bush, Condoleezza Rice, hero pilot Chesley Sullenberger, LA Dodgers manager Joe Torre and magician David Blaine.

Palin's bookers are said to be asking for $100,000 per speech, but an industry expert tells Page Six: "The big lecture buyers in the US are paralyzed with fear about booking her, basically because they think she is a blithering idiot."

Full story, source: New York Post

A lot of men who purchase this literary classic will be terribly disappointed in the lack of revealing photos.

Drinking that CNN...CBS...NBC...MSNBC..and ect Kool-aide will lock up your brain.. :w00t: Jim Jones would be proud.

seax B)

We see how much the left fear Palin, anything about Palin all they can do is call her idiot, stupid or whatever.

Guess what, that did not stop Bush, remember?

We see how much the left fear Palin, anything about Palin all they can do is call her idiot, stupid or whatever.

Guess what, that did not stop Bush, remember?

You mean you are going to book here for a speech?

bet this is some easy reading here !! If it's anything like her knowledge a VP should have ! But a bit more heady than My Pet Goat.

Sarah Palin's Greatest Hits

A lot of men who purchase this literary classic will be terribly disappointed in the lack of revealing photos.

:lol:I'm sure she will stick some of her old swimsuit beauty pageant pics in there for the joe six packs ;)

You mean you are going to book here for a speech?

Like I said, the pots and pans, mud throwing will do you lefty no good.

At the end its the ideology and ideas that matters.

Palin been thru it twice and opposed even by some Republicans when she ran for Mayor and Governor.

At the end she prevailed and did a good job on both. Your demonizing and insulting her wont erase what she has done.

Palin been thru it twice and opposed even by some Republicans when she ran for Mayor and Governor.

At the end she prevailed and did a good job on both. Your demonizing and insulting her wont erase what she has done.

yes , what has she done ? did they ever figure out who paid for the building of her house yet ?

bet this is some easy reading here !! If it's anything like her knowledge a VP should have ! But a bit more heady than My Pet Goat.

Sarah Palin's Greatest Hits

Figures, you been listening to a goat.laugh.gif

Edited by AROCES

yes , what has she done ? did they ever figure out who paid for the building of her house yet ?

Save your effort on trying to demonize her, that only makes her stronger.

She cleaned up things when she was a mayor and governor, and that is a fact. Now we all know to you conspiracy, charges, according to unamed offical , experts, bloggers, opinoins and polls are fact.(If they favor you ONLY)

Ah, so I gather the answer is NO, you could have said so in less words.

Save your effort on trying to demonize her, that only makes her stronger.

She cleaned up things when she was a mayor and governor, and that is a fact. Now we all know to you conspiracy, charges, according to unamed offical , experts, bloggers, opinoins and polls are fact.(If they favor you ONLY)

lmao conspiracy charges ?? they were words from the mouth of her husband to the press that started the investigation !!!! god are you slow !!

Ah, so I gather the answer is NO, you could have said so in less words.

Yes or NO, will not do you folks any good.

Palin will once again prevail, she been giving the left nighhtmares.laugh.gif

lmao conspiracy charges ?? they were words from the mouth of her husband to the press that started the investigation !!!! god are you slow !!

Investigation, and?

It's because she's white isn't it ? It's OK to admit it. That's why many black people don't like her.

Now who played the race card first here Ohio!?

Now who played the race card first here Ohio!?

It was totally meant as a " role-reversal " of sorts.

Just to show that skin color and gender have absolutly nothing to do with the argument and that it's all about policy. There are actully some things that I like about Palin and some things that I don't.