Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dems vote keep Rangel as committee chairman

AROCES

Pay your taxes or step down -- that's the message House Republicans are sending to Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., chairman of the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee and subject of a major ethics probe into alleged tax evasion and other violations.

READ THE RESOLUTION TO REMOVE RANGEL

House Republicans on Wednesday attempted to pass a resolution to remove Rangel from his chairmanship following the reading of a long and stinging list of alleged wrongdoing. The measure stemmed from a major ethics probe into Rangel's alleged failure to pay his taxes and disclose income on multiple properties -- as much as $1.3 million.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/dems_vote_to_keep_rangel_as_committee_xQ4klGR6FbWtzrQycSLW7O

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Startraveler

• ninjadude

• danielost

And these are the guys that want to raise our taxes. only the left can get away with it!

And these are the guys that want to raise our taxes. only the left can get away with it!

YUP!

Thursday, October 8, 2009 5:57 PM

Democrats are looking at the possibility of a windfall profits tax on insurance companies as part of healthcare reform, House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Thursday.

Pelosi said she had asked House Ways and Means Committee chairman Charles Rangel to examine the possibility and report back to her.blink.gif

Edited by AROCES

rangel most likely didn't either. tax law is insanely complex. the more money you make the worse it gets.

Let him step down, who cares? Then we get Pete Stark or Sandy Levin or maybe even Jim McDermott as chairman. All solid liberal Democrats without Rangel's apparent baggage. Ditching Rangel might be for the best.

Still no comment on Rangel?

But AROCES you must remember...Rangel is on a higher moral plane than you are ;) it is ok for him to cheat because he wants 'free' health care for everyone...compliments of the 'little people' and I don't mean lepracauns... ^_^ He is a good person and you are a mean person....therefore you go by different rules.. :yes:

seax B)

AROCES...you know I'm kidding....just wanted to throw a little light on it....

But AROCES you must remember...Rangel is on a higher moral plane than you are wink2.gif it is ok for him to cheat because he wants 'free' health care for everyone...compliments of the 'little people' and I don't mean lepracauns... happy.gif He is a good person and you are a mean person....therefore you go by different rules.. yes.gif

seax cool.gif

AROCES...you know I'm kidding....just wanted to throw a little light on it....

I get it.wink2.gif

I can see Rangel as the next winner of the Nobel p***ss Prize.

Edited by AROCES

I get it.wink2.gif

I can see Rangel as the next winner of the Nobel p***ss Prize.

Nobel p***ssss Prize :lol:

:clap: seax :D

Aroces, with your millions, do you fill out your own tax forms?

really? you are going to go down that path and try and argue in support of Rangel this way? seriously?

The American people voted to restore integrity and honesty in Washington, D.C., and the Democrats intend to lead the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history.

Post-election comments, 2006-11-7. Nancy Pelosi

The American people voted to restore integrity and honesty in Washington, D.C., and the Democrats intend to lead the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history.

Post-election comments, 2006-11-7. Nancy Pelosi

The Democrats seriously believe that if you are helping others thru Taxation or with other peoples money, then it is alright for you to break the law or ethics here and there.

It's like an earned priviledge.

I'm curious about something. John Ensign has been accused of ethical breaches, as well: should he step down from his committee assignments in the Senate, too?

I'm curious about something. John Ensign has been accused of ethical breaches, as well: should he step down from his committee assignments in the Senate, too?

Yes, I think he should.

But we all know the ethical breaches been lowered ever since you folks defended Clinton and keep him in office at all cost.

Wait, now I'm confused. Should Rangel and Ensign step down from their committees or should they be expelled from their respective chambers? Or is the Clinton impeachment reference just random?

Edited by Startraveler

If I were President or Senator or Mayor I'd be doing my secretaries too.

I think most people would...and probably are.I wouldn't get caught though...and would go hotter.

Then I'd fix the whole country after I fixed my pants.

Edited by Cadetak

Angry_OBAMA_TamilNational.jpg

No one has a problem with democrats and fraud, but if you speak when the Messiah is talking....Watch out!

Edited by Caesar

If I were President or Senator or Mayor I'd be doing my secretaries too.

I think most people would...and probably are.I wouldn't get caught though...and would go hotter.

Then I'd fix the whole country after I fixed my pants.

i don't care what a president or senator or mayor does in private as long as it doesn't affect his job.

or he doesn't lie about it in court. specially when he is on trial for sexual harassment of another person.

if it was a republican that was cheating on his taxes the dems would demand his head on a platter.

need i remind you of the alaskian senater that had charges filed while he was running according to the dems. he was guilty period. the charges have since been dropped because there was no wrong doing.

need i remind you of the alaskian senater that had charges filed while he was running according to the dems. he was guilty period.

Ted Stevens was convicted of a crime. By a jury. His conviction was later voided (after he was no longer in office) due to prosecutorial incompetence.

And Stevens never lost any of his committee assignments. He was defeated in his bid for re-election. So what's your point?

Ted Stevens was convicted of a crime. By a jury. His conviction was later voided (after he was no longer in office) due to prosecutorial incompetence.
Clinton was indicted for purjury by the House of Representives but, didn't lose his position until 2000.

In all cases, any polotician that gets caught red handed ought to haveteh common decency to step down. As much as the Left likes to drag Nixon out of the coffin and kick him around, and rightfully so, he did at least have enough class to leave office. It's just too bad that so many on the Left and a lesser degree on the right, don't have that kind of real style.

As far as Rangle goes, he's an outright anti-Jewish racist and no one in the MSM ever calls him on it. He shouldn't just step down, he should be forced out with Ex-Lax and his office cleaned sanatized with Clorox.