Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

The power of thought.


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

    Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

  • Member
  • 15,163 posts
  • Joined:08 Feb 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:london, ontario

  • ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:39 PM

the power of thought results in things like religion. where blind faith is held above all else, and shoots down scientific fact.
the power of thought is also why we have these goddamn 2012 threads. becase of the douche who came up with the end of the world propechy from a calendar which said nothing of the sort.

the truth is out there....

#32    ChloeB

ChloeB

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,161 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Female

  • “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 07 September 2009 - 03:39 PM, said:

the power of thought results in things like religion. where blind faith is held above all else, and shoots down scientific fact.
the power of thought is also why we have these goddamn 2012 threads. becase of the douche who came up with the end of the world propechy from a calendar which said nothing of the sort.

True, very true. I saw The Secret and how you can basically think yourself into wealth, love, etc. Reminded me of when I was a teenager in Sunday school listening to our "teacher" (they let any fool brave enough to volunteer be a teacher) tell us about how she tithed all this money and money started magically appearing in her bank account.  Did she teach us youngsters about the morality of notifying the bank there had been an error, honesty, etc?  Nope.  Just give money to the church and magic happens.  Same line of thinking as in The Secret IMO.

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

#33    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:58 AM

View PostChloeB, on 07 September 2009 - 03:53 PM, said:

True, very true. I saw The Secret and how you can basically think yourself into wealth, love, etc. Reminded me of when I was a teenager in Sunday school listening to our "teacher" (they let any fool brave enough to volunteer be a teacher) tell us about how she tithed all this money and money started magically appearing in her bank account.  Did she teach us youngsters about the morality of notifying the bank there had been an error, honesty, etc?  Nope.  Just give money to the church and magic happens.  Same line of thinking as in The Secret IMO.

The secret, oh lord, people still believe that drivel? I tried to think myself into Angelina Jolie's bedroom, didn't work either. :innocent:

Edited by TheSearcher, 08 September 2009 - 06:34 AM.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#34    Jessem

Jessem

    Future Husband

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Starry Sky

  • No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:57 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 08 September 2009 - 05:58 AM, said:

The secret, oh lord, people still believe that drivel? I tried to think myself into Angelina Jolie's bedroom, didn't work either. :innocent:
Eh IMO its all based on your prospective really. Ive realized that a person's life is thier own novel. We expierence different things and how we percieve the world. Thought Ive figured out is just that at times, but can also be something powerful ;)

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users