Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who did not vote?

Pyridium

In 2008, Obama got 66.8 million votes. In 2012 Obama got 60.8 million votes, 6 million votes LESS.

McCain got 58.3 million votes and lost to Obama by 8.5 million votes.

Romney got 57.9 million votes and lost to Obama by 2.9 million votes.

125.1 million votes in 2008. 118.7 million votes in 2012. 6.4 million fewer voters in 2012.

Congrats Obama, looks like the moral majority just could not swallow a Mormon and just did not show up to vote.

• Like 2

Oh it was in the news that many people weren't going to vote .

I think many NEW people voted,and many old timers,disgusted with present politics,didn't go out to the polls .

• Like 3

Congrats Obama, looks like the moral majority just could not swallow a Mormon and just did not show up to vote.

Romney's Mormonism had no real play in this. It was never an issue during the campaign, so how could that take the blame? The GOP nominated the BEST of a very weak field.

• Like 2

I did not vote, and doubt I will ever again.....

Simbi nailed it....

many old timers,disgusted with present politics,didn't go out to the polls .

Why vote for the worst of two evils?.....If there is nothing there I want, or like, I am not voting for it.....There is nothing there....Unless you are a large corporation, or are " middle class " and above.....

The rich get richer, the lower class and poor get poorer...

( Middle class is considered $250,000 give or take )

• Like 2

Romney's Mormonism had no real play in this. It was never an issue during the campaign, so how could that take the blame? The GOP nominated the BEST of a very weak field.

They are waiting for 2016......A certain woman from Alaska......They new she could not beat Obama, trust me, it is planned.

• Like 1

If they think women will vote for a woman just because she is a woman they had better think again. If that were so one would of been president already.

I voted, always do even if the selection is slim.

• Like 2

If you dont vote you dont have an opinion, if you vote and lose then you can have a real grouse, if you voted and won well you can sit back and see what kind of a mess your vote caused,and say I knew this would happen, but it could have been worse if the other guy won.

• Like 1

If they think women will vote for a woman just because she is a woman they had better think again. If that were so one would of been president already.

I voted, always do even if the selection is slim.

Hi M/s H, After the fiasco in the U.K cause by a certain Lady Prime Minister, who eventually sent us "down the Pan",I dont think us Brits will have another female P.M. for a very long time.
  • Like 1

If you dont vote you dont have an opinion, if you vote and lose then you can have a real grouse, if you voted and won well you can sit back and see what kind of a mess your vote caused,and say I knew this would happen, but it could have been worse if the other guy won.

Yes I can....I think both candidates, and all senators and congressmen are crooks, and are not looking out for the " little people "..( 90% of us )

I feel the people that should be in will never get the chance, they do not have the funding to campaign, and become " popular ".

My opinion is, the people needed in will not get the chance, and the ones with the funding are all a joke, and none of them deserve my time, nor my vote.

If someone that I feel has what it takes to run this Country runs in the future, I will vote. Until then, I am not voting for " the better of the two ".

That is my opinion.

Edited by Sakari

Yes I can....I think both candidates, and all senators and congressmen are crooks, and are not looking out for the " little people "..( 90% of us )

I feel the people that should be in will never get the chance, they do not have the funding to campaign, and become " popular ".

My opinion is, the people needed in will not get the chance, and the ones with the funding are all a joke, and none of them deserve my time, nor my vote.

If someone that I feel has what it takes to run this Country runs in the future, I will vote. Until then, I am not voting for " the better of the two ".

That is my opinion.

Ok at least you stick by your principles , and everyone has an opinion.cheers.
  • Like 1

Ok at least you stick by your principles , and everyone has an opinion.cheers.

:tu:

I do not vote, so I can complain as loud as I want. Who made up the phrase "well, if you don't vote then you have no right to complain." People like to twist that around. Well where's the logic in that? If you vote, and choose incompetent, dishonest politicians that get into office and screw everything up well You are the one responsible. You caused the problem. You voted them in, and have no right to complain. I, on the otherhand, who did not vote, who did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what you have done and what these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you have created.

That's all good but you sure aren't helping the situation either. I know, what can you do? But doing nothing isn't going help matters either. I think that also makes you equally as guilty for whatever train wreck occurs.

That's all good but you sure aren't helping the situation either. I know, what can you do? But doing nothing isn't going help matters either. I think that also makes you equally as guilty for whatever train wreck occurs.

Try this.....

You hate, despise, can not even stand the smell of Tomato Sauces, and Frying oil. Or anything that comes close to those products.

You can not stand them so much, that you avoid them at all costs.

Now..... You are pretty hungry, sitting at home, and not really in the mood to make anything.

You want something, something different.

Out of pure chance, a Scwhanns sales person knocks at your door....You are in luck, he is trying to sell out his truck, and has two items left. He promises both are great, and both will satisfy you.

He has Lasagna, and Fried Chicken......

Do you say " no thank you ", or do you just get either one, although they both make you physically sick?

In land of the morons, it doesn't really matter who voted and who didn't vote, apparently. The fact that beneficial state amendments were voted down shows that we quite literally live in the land of idiocracy. January 2013 will be a very intersting month, especially if certain tax cuts aren't renewed. Combine that with a new healthcare tax in 2014, and an eventual carbon tax as well. Good job people.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

I do not vote, so I can complain as loud as I want. Who made up the phrase "well, if you don't vote then you have no right to complain." People like to twist that around. Well where's the logic in that? If you vote, and choose incompetent, dishonest politicians that get into office and screw everything up well You are the one responsible. You caused the problem. You voted them in, and have no right to complain. I, on the otherhand, who did not vote, who did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what you have done and what these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you have created.

I just hope If your house catches fire you are the one to start it otherwise your screwed.

Try this.....

You hate, despise, can not even stand the smell of Tomato Sauces, and Frying oil. Or anything that comes close to those products.

You can not stand them so much, that you avoid them at all costs.

Now..... You are pretty hungry, sitting at home, and not really in the mood to make anything.

You want something, something different.

Out of pure chance, a Scwhanns sales person knocks at your door....You are in luck, he is trying to sell out his truck, and has two items left. He promises both are great, and both will satisfy you.

He has Lasagna, and Fried Chicken......

Do you say " no thank you ", or do you just get either one, although they both make you physically sick?

How long have you been waiting to use that one, lol... Sorry man, my mind can not accept this analogy. You can not compare delicious foods to political choices.

How long have you been waiting to use that one, lol... Sorry man, my mind can not accept this analogy. You can not compare delicious foods to political choices.

Okay, okay. Let me take a shot at one.

Say you are at a concert and the only facility to relieve yourself is two porta crappers. Unfortunately for you, this monster is coming out if you want it to or not.

You go into crapper one and it's filled to the brim with all sorts of nastiness. The blue water has turned a scary brown. The smell alone makes you dry heave.

Let's look into porta crapper number two and see what it has to offer. You get out of this unit the same pleasantries that you received from the first nightmare.

Now do you take the risk and use the portable dump site or would you grab some toilet paper and hit the woods? I guess you could always crap your pants as another option.

Ron Paul 2016! :D

Say you are at a concert and the only facility to relieve yourself is two porta crappers. Unfortunately for you, this monster is coming out if you want it to or not.

You go into crapper one and it's filled to the brim with all sorts of nastiness. The blue water has turned a scary brown. The smell alone makes you dry heave.

Let's look into porta crapper number two and see what it has to offer. You get out of this unit the same pleasantries that you received from the first nightmare.

Now do you take the risk and use the portable dump site or would you grab some toilet paper and hit the woods? I guess you could always crap your pants as another option.

Negative association. A little better. You've also used the power of suggestion and unfortunately for me it may be working and I have no toilet paper!

:nw:

I voted, and I look at it this way:

Greater and lesser of two evils as they say.

Continuing to vote "might" mean; Lesser, lesser, lesser, etc... eventually no evil

Not voting means Greater of two evils, greater, greater, greater, eventually pure evil.

Continuing to vote "might" mean; Lesser, lesser, lesser, etc... eventually no evil

Not voting means Greater of two evils, greater, greater, greater, eventually pure evil.

Always vote for the Lesser of the two weevils.
  • Like 1

Well that depends. If someone didnt vote just cause they dont care about thier country or politics or whatever then you are right. That person shouldnt have a opinion worth listening to. Personaly not voting in this election was my vote of no confidence. Neither of these men even came close to representing what I believe. If you have to leave your integrity at the door of a voting booth, how have you served your country?

• Like 1

As far as im concerned, we already have pure evil. No matter which guy you voted for, you support the military being able to kidnapp a American citizan, detain them idefinitly, or worse torcher them, or worse out right kill them. You stand in support of the patriot act. You stand in support of the TSA molesting women and children. You support homeland labling every person in this country a possible terrorist. You support the bailouts. You support the fed giving foriegn banks tax payers money. You support the tax payers paying for companies to move over seas. You support endless unconstitutional undeclared wars. You support outragous freedom stripping legislation. And the list goes on and on.

Personaly there is no way in hell Im giving anyone the green light to continue such maddness with my vote.

My opinion is if you don't vote you can't complain. Even if you dislike the two major party choices there are many independent choices. A bit of research could have given you a candidate which was more along your views. If those 6 million people who didn't vote chose to vote for an independent candidate there may have been 3 parties participating in the next debates, 3 parties receiving funding, and 3 parties covered by the media during the next election.

If you did not get out to vote because you didn't like the 2 party choices, you are accepting that the two party system is the right thing. If you dislike the 2 parties then you should have voted 3rd party. Everyone should vote, only we can change the current system, the gov't is going to do it for us, they enjoy their power and will never willingly give it up.

• Like 2

The two-party American political system is completely corrupt and controlled by the banking and corporate elites. The shysters who preside over our Federal, State, and Local governments regardless of their party affiliations do not represent the interests of the common people. The illusion of choice is a farce that Americans so naively believe and accept.

• Like 1