Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Queen celebrates her 65th wedding anniversary


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 23 November 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Or it could just be that with all the doom and gloom going on in the world, their wedding anniversary is a pleasant distraction.

Judging people and name calling is uncalled for on the basis you don't share the same point of view. Just because you don't give a toss about their anniversary it doesn't mean others shouldn't.

Neither does it mean we don't care about anything else you've pointed out in your post either.

You have to admit though, it's not right that someone is born with all that and someone else is born with nothing and can't achieve certain goals in life.

To me the royal family is the perfect example of how far away we are form having equal rights. Surely the position of King or Queen should be a position you could work to or challenge.

Of course that would never happen because it's all about blood lines.

View Postsmurf0852, on 25 November 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

oh my god this is the 21st century all this stupidity should be put to bed .no human is better then another because of a bloodline and respect is earned not a birthright.


Well said.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#17    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 38,623 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostCoffey, on 25 November 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

You have to admit though, it's not right that someone is born with all that and someone else is born with nothing and can't achieve certain goals in life.
So you're saying because of this they don't deserve any well wishes on their anniversary? Using that point of view, there are loads of things in life that aren't fair and right. I don't make the rules, neither do I judge people on the basis of their upbringing.

Posted Image

#18    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 26 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

So you're saying because of this they don't deserve any well wishes on their anniversary? Using that point of view, there are loads of things in life that aren't fair and right. I don't make the rules, neither do I judge people on the basis of their upbringing.

Didn't say that. Merely pointed out Smurf had a point.

I don't judge people by their upbringing, I judge them themselves on their actions. They don't change anything, therefore my point is aimed at them.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#19    smurf0852

smurf0852

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined:21 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 26 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

So you're saying because of this they don't deserve any well wishes on their anniversary? Using that point of view, there are loads of things in life that aren't fair and right. I don't make the rules, neither do I judge people on the basis of their upbringing.
no one is saying that what the point is if these 2 were not born into the most privilaged out dated system in the world not one person would give a damn about them .there is nothing about them that makes them special they are just people that have been married for a long time .they dont have super powers they dont feed the poor they dont really know the country they live in .yet somehow uk citizens are supposed to feel the need to bow to them .its silly out dated stupidity.


#20    acidhead

acidhead

    Were Not Your Slaves!

  • Member
  • 10,570 posts
  • Joined:13 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Victoria, BC CANADA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

Posted Image

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#21    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,583 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Australia

  • "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

So despite the fact that a woman has held the position the last 50 years it's still a sexist institution due to tradition.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.


#22    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,970 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

View Postsmurf0852, on 26 November 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

no one is saying that what the point is if these 2 were not born into the most privilaged out dated system in the world not one person would give a damn about them .there is nothing about them that makes them special they are just people that have been married for a long time .they dont have super powers they dont feed the poor they dont really know the country they live in .yet somehow uk citizens are supposed to feel the need to bow to them .its silly out dated stupidity.
Being a Yank my opinion matters little in this but I think you are off base on one point more than any other:  The very act of remaining faithful to another person through life's trials for SIXTY FIVE YEARS, is a tremendous accomplishment.  Very, very few people could accomplish such a thing and I believe they should be honored for it.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#23    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 38,623 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

View Postand then, on 27 November 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Being a Yank my opinion matters little in this but I think you are off base on one point more than any other:  The very act of remaining faithful to another person through life's trials for SIXTY FIVE YEARS, is a tremendous accomplishment.  Very, very few people could accomplish such a thing and I believe they should be honored for it.
Exactly! and that's what this thread is about. :tu:

Posted Image

#24    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

View Postand then, on 27 November 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Being a Yank my opinion matters little in this but I think you are off base on one point more than any other:  The very act of remaining faithful to another person through life's trials for SIXTY FIVE YEARS, is a tremendous accomplishment.  Very, very few people could accomplish such a thing and I believe they should be honored for it.


My grand parents don't get a load of publicity for doing it. They also did it for true love, you can't truly say those 2 have stayed together for true love. They married because of bloodlines etc.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users