Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Truth Behind the Goatman's Bridge

goatman bridge goatmans bridge woods house

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Its a beautiful area, and that house is pretty amazing. You should take the pictures as keepsakes, since the bridge means so much to you.

I'm a bit on the fence about believing in ghosts, but who knows why some areas are haunted.

The satan worship, however....

Its possible you have seen people, but that place has a reputation and it could be others looking for a thrill, or, more likely, troublemaking teens who love going to those spooky abandoned places. I have a feeling people might go out there in robes to freak people out. Real satanists do not wear robes or conduct spooky rituals at night really. I dont think anyone actually does that anymore. And even if they did draw things on the ground and chant, its not actually going to do anything.

#17    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Very interesting story :) It's got a bit of a Lovecraftian ring to it, and I enjoyed reading it :)

Rafterman, on 15 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Not to mention, if he was lynched in 1938, he probably wasn't a slave.

Cool story though.  Although I think it's important to point out that there are dozens if not hundreds of similar stories about bridges around the country.

Hmm. Very likely, but it's not as clear-cut as that. Although slavery was abolished in the US in 1865 (I believe?) I recall watching a Trevor Macdonald documentary where it was revealed slavery actually continued alive and well until relatively far into the 20th Century... Just it wasn't legal.

Edited by Urisk, 19 November 2012 - 01:17 PM.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

Also tagged with goatman, bridge, goatmans bridge, woods, house

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users