Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Desert Floor Saucer

Lionel

By the author...

My brother just returned from a trip to the Sedona area of Arizona, in which he and his fiancé, on a trip to the Grand Canyon by airplane, witnessed an object (full image and close-up below) laying on the desert floor, as I understand it, about 50 miles from Sedona. The pilot pointed it out to him. He had been flying over the same area for years and had never seen it before. He said that he had reported it to the authorities and was grilled by a variety of "agents."

He had a picture he had taken of it on an earlier flight and gave a copy of it on floppy disc to my brother when they returned to the airfield. He said he had a few other shots of it and showed it to them on his PC. When I ran the floppy, however it only contained this one shot of it. As you can see it is a remarkably clear picture. The objects "door" appears open, and there are vehicle tracks coming into the area from one direction only.

Judging from the vehicle tracks, I would estimate the object to be approximately 40 to 45 feet in diameter. It looked like a "soft" landing as there appears to be no visible protrusions and/or ports on the top of the craft and looks like it might even be missing some "heat shield" tiles around the circumference.

user posted image

user posted image

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raziel

• Nethius

• Lionel

• moe eubleck

I think it probably looks more like an opening to some kind of underground installation, rather than a flying saucer.

Good point thumbsup.gif

alien.gif Yeah, especially since the road seems to go right towards it.

Hmm,yes you might be right Nav thumbsup.gif .Never noticed the trails earlier but now,yeah the saucer looks more like an entrance point to some underground facility or something.I'm not really clear about this but,the location's somewhere in the Grand Canyons??If so,I've heard of other secret caverns in this area too..... ph34r.gifph34r.gif

looks old and rusty .. how come no military thingy found it before this guy did!

and seems to be like a foil plate tongue.gif .. the ones they use for making pie w00t.gif

if i seen that from my plane, i would have figured out how to get there by land, and checked it out myself... i would not of called the authorities!!! this makes me think it is fake, also the fact that there is only one picture.

also, i would assume that they were flying in a plane? if so, how wouldthey get such a clear picture? wouldnt you have to take the picture through the cockpit? and wouldnt you see the glass, or a reflection? i dont think you can open a window? or can you?

interesting pic tho! thanks for the post!

Nethius, i wouldn't have called the authorities either, but some people are paranoid.

And yes, to me it looks like a bunker or something. Something the millitary weren't telling us?

Wait, Doha's point really made me look at it again. It DOES look like a foil pie dish. The crinkles and the turned up edges give it away.The shrubbery to me doesn't look entirely real either, kinda plastic

It looks to me something like a decorated pie dish on a Warhammer gamefield.

Seriously, look hard. Remember the bigfoot hoax with the guy who took a toy ape and put it next to his garden pond and sold it claiming it was a genuine photo of bigfoot infront of a lake? It looks like the same thing, a small photo that looks bigger than it really is.

I think its a hoax my kid sister could pull off.

i did notice it looked like a pie plate too, but i was thinking the rest looked very real.. but now i'm thinking, there seem sto be alot of green for a desert? can anyone confirm that there would be that much or not that much greenery in a desert?!?

A decorated plate? Pie tray? Dust bin lid? Placed on some land with small growths.

I was thinking this as soon as I saw it.

I agree with Raziel, look hard.

Especially look at the close up shot, the small bit of greenery at the bottom of the picture. It looks like a small piece of moss or something small that grows in the desert. Doesn't even look like a bush let alone a kind of tree.

Especially look at the close up shot, the small bit of greenery at the bottom of the picture. It looks like a small piece of moss or something small that grows in the desert. Doesn't even look like a bush let alone a kind of tree.

I am not too sure about the disc, but I can vouch for the bushes. I lived near the deserts in southern california and used to go dirt bike riding in terrain such as can be seen in the photo here.

There aren't too many trees in the desert, a few yuccas and joshue trees, just mainly bushes. I can't tell from the distance, but what is in the picture looks a lot like creosote bushes.

It's a real desert, I am sure of that. The disc could be anything...

ah yes.... another product of Moe's backseat driving.

Could be a missile silo, but then again it would be fenced off, and a small hut on tope, thats all i can think of.....and about the warhammer thing, I used to make landscapes like that when i played warhammer 40k, and you'll be surprised on how real you can make it look....

The tracks just stop too, i meen theres a nice little gap in the bushes near where they stop but no marks to indicate the vehical that left the tracks turned around.

Did they reverse all the way home? there are some faint track back up the track from the saucer end but they but up against the main tracks and don't blend with them, and from the way the track fades out towards the saucer it seems like the something has disturbed them (like a suacer landing and displacing dust to cover them)

It also looks like a rave tent i saw back in the 80's somewhere, somewhere in a feild in hampshire.

Perhaps it is one of these in the making:

user posted image

ah........the carnival

Quoted from Coast to Coast am:

My brother just returned from a trip to the Sedona area of Arizona, in which he and his fiancé, on a trip to the Grand Canyon by airplane, witnessed an object (full image and close-up below) laying on the desert floor, as I understand it, about 50 miles from Sedona. The pilot pointed it out to him. He had been flying over the same area for years and had never seen it before. He said that he had reported it to the authorities and was grilled by a variety of "agents."

He had a picture he had taken of it on an earlier flight and gave a copy of it on floppy disc to my brother when they returned to the airfield. He said he had a few other shots of it and showed it to them on his PC. When I ran the floppy, however it only contained this one shot of it. As you can see it is a remarkably clear picture. The objects "door" appears open, and there are vehicle tracks coming into the area from one direction only.

Judging from the vehicle tracks, I would estimate the object to be approximately 40 to 45 feet in diameter. It looked like a "soft" landing as there appears to be no visible protrusions and/or ports on the top of the craft and looks like it might even be missing some "heat shield" tiles around the circumference.

--Thomas Gore

Link

user posted image

mcginty,

Lionel had already posted this, although he failed to mention the Coast to Coast website as the source (which goes along way to discrediting its authenticity, but that's just my opinion). I'm going to merge it with the original.

Magikman

Lionel, neat picture, but I have to agree with the others on this one I lookes like it could be a bunker or something or maybe they're just shooting a movie that day? Maybe the latter sounds too easy.

Happy Holidays.

i have built layouts of cities and this a very detailed laout ,the shrubs look like powdered foam they are to properly round.I live in the desert and the area seems to in proportion . the saucer seems to pie shaped and home made .Its hard to explain, but if any body has been to a train shop than you know what kind of supplies they used. also the tracks are a good question? they seem to lead straight to the saucer abandoned at that .i mean are the tracks comming or going?

wow that is one big trash can lid.

Thats what is basically looks like.

And someone could make the whole environement easially.

You should see my work with my bryce 5 software. Its pretty neat and reallike.

And also it looks more reallike if you can blurrfy the image to make it less sharper and vibrant which makes the picture more realistic.

Either way the picture is 100% fake.sh** looks like aluminum foil on the top.

Its like that fake pic someone sent to another mystery forum site claiming to be the inside of a time machine from the far future. MY thought about that was if it is a time machine wouldent it at least have a nice little lcd screen on it somewhere instead of old tv screens. If it looks to good to be true it probably is and in this case its to bad to be true. I mean seriously it looks unbelievely fake and the maker should have used a computer. And a ufo picture should never look clear and close. It is usually a strange far away object in the sky.

Hey lets see if anyone can make a better one on their pc and post it. IM to busy.

Something the millitary weren't telling us?

Is there ever something the military does tell us? tongue.gif

I agree with the others, it has a lot of the traits that a pie tin has. The edges especially. The rest of it could have been glued on or whoever made it could have touched it up on the computer. Didn't do a very good job of touching it up though, did he? blink.gif But it's still pretty cool, thanks Lionel. thumbsup.gif

Cya!