Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dora, Star Child?

pappagooch

I found this at Art Bell's web site. Is this a hoax?

user posted image

and

user posted image

Here is this guys story:

In late August of this year, I was scanning photos for a digital album. I came upon a couple of odd photos from my grandmother's collection. I was amazed at what was before me in these old pictures! Immediately, I called Gran and played twenty questions with her concerning the photos.

She told me that Dora, the baby being held in the pictures (close-up above, full images below), was a special child unable to walk, talk, and truly communicate in any form, but somehow they always knew when she needed and or wanted anything.

She also stated that many times strange things happened in Dora's presence, and it was as if she was using "her mind" telepathy to get their attention; things would move without being touched and she always had a glowing around her... an aura if you will.

She called her "a gift" but never told me if my great-grandmother had given birth to her or if she was indeed a gift from above or elsewhere. On the night of her death in the late 1920's, my great-grandmother told everyone that Dora would be leaving them soon, she had seen angels above her bed and they had come to take her back home.

I am still in awe of these photographs and the feelings I have each time I look at them. In the photos from top to bottom, left to right... great-aunt Sally, great-grandmother Mary, Dora being held, in the back-ground my great-grandfather John, and in the fore-ground great-uncle Jake. Untouched upper left photograph, retouched upper right photograph. Bottom, grandmother Annie, great-grandmother Mary, Dora being held, great-aunt Billie.

Roger T.

roger_omg_terry@bellsouth.net

Clairfield, TN

A lot of the pics on their site seem to be fakes so what do ya'll think?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjo Koolzooie

• obie-trice

• bigsteff

• algernon the 3rd

I saw that a while ago and never knew what exactly to think.

If the photos are real, I'd say its a deformed child and nothing more, but that IS an unusually large head. The man who submitted these photos had done some repair work on the main photo as there is a giant scratch through the childs head. Maybe this scratch had occured in such a place to obscure it just enough to let the imagination of a 'believer' take over and take some liberties with the touching up? I don't believe that myself, but I'm just throwing out ideas here...

Looks like a poorly constructed ventriloquist dummy to me.

Maybe this guys great grandmother had a brief stint in vaudeville.

The head does look a bit too big for the body, it could be a deformed child.

I think that may be one of the reasons the "child" could not communicate.

A deformaty, that rendered the "child" with strange looks and also with out any ability to communicate.

If it is real of course.

I wonder what kinda of illness this child was afflicted with?

There is an illness that causes the persons head to be deformed, there was a program on BBC2 a while back on some woman who had it, I think it's called cherubism.

The head does look a bit too big for the body, it could be a deformed child.

I think that may be one of the reasons the "child" could not communicate.

A deformaty, that rendered the "child" with strange looks and also with out any ability to communicate.

If it is real of course.

I feel sorry for it... dontgetit.gifcrying.gif

I seen that same picture @coast to coast website and I think that pic is real that website has had a few fake pics on it, but the person who runs the website soo corects it and says if it is fake. This pic is real.... alien.gif

HEY IF THE PHOTO IS REAL

then what we are looking at is not an IT

but a BOY, GIRL or even ALIEN

JLA369

I feel sorry for it...

IT,, just what is an IT

"It" as in the gender us unkown of to them.

Dora sounds like a girls name, so probably a girl.

And incase you refered to my post where I stated: "If It is real" I meant the picture and not the actual child.

It certainly looks weird I think it is suppose to be a girl. But why do they call it star child, I have never seen something like that before except in movies makes you wonder....... wacko.gif

I 've gota freind with brittle bone disease. His bones will break if he does anything strenuous. His parents told him all his life that he would never walk because he had traded in his angel wings to be human. The price he had to pay for humanity was his weak bones.

But anybody who talks to him will confess that he in no angel. LOL

It just illustrates human empathy. I think its a great thing for a parent to view a disabled kid as special. It also takes a vast amount of courage to raise one. I give props to Dora's parents. thumbsup.gif

Yea I give props to if the pic is real???? That's a pretty freaky pic tho. alien.gif

It looks like a poorly made doll to me, look at the tops pics, then look at the last pic, the 2 figures are diffrent

The poor child was suffering from a disease called Hydrocephalus, or commonly known as "Water On The Brain" although it was actually a retention of spinal fluid inside the brain.

The reason the child was unable to communicate would have been caused by damage to the brain itself. There is quite a lot of successful treatments available today to help this problem but unfortunately not much was known of the cause of Hydrocephalus during this child's life.

Here is a link to 2 recent photographs of unfortunate sufferers of this disease from Irak and an explanation of Hydrocephalus for those who would like to increase their knowledge on this topic.

http://sun.science.wayne.edu/~bio340/Stude...entPages/Gumma/

Nax.

hey BENJO if you look at my first post , you will note where it says quote the username is next to it...

their statement being

JLA369

l feel sorry for it dontgetit.gifcrying.gif

I feel sorry for the poor child... But it does make you wonder, that when anything can’t be explained in rational terms, it’s either something to do with aliens or the devil? dontgetit.gif

• 1 month later...

Pappagooch, why was she called Dora Star Child? (okay that might sound like a stupid question)

but thanks for submitting it it was very interesting.

Happy Holidays tongue.gif