Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Large creature...

Canadian Rottweiler

I'm sure most of you have seen this first pic.The second however,i have never seen before,looks like the same creature,and looks real,but i'm not postive about it.What do you think it is?

Here is the website that i found it on...Cryptos

post-10180-1104372406.jpg

post-10180-1104372428.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Canadian Rottweiler

• Walken

• Diebytheflyguy

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

Its fake, and there was a thread that had it in there too.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

I'm sure most of you have seen this first pic.The second however,i have never seen before,looks like the same creature,and looks real,but i'm not postive about it.What do you think it is?

428610[/snapback]

It was a hoax. The picture was taken by French photographer Robert Le Serrec in shallow Austrailian waters in 1964. His pecular story and shady reputation - branded the picture a hoax.

428610[/snapback]

It was a hoax. The picture was taken by French photographer Robert Le Serrec in shallow Austrailian waters in 1964. His pecular story and shady reputation - branded the picture a hoax.

428626[/snapback]

Oh ok,thanx for the info original.gif

that is a realy good fake, any info on how it wsa done?

OMG!

It's GOD'S SPERM!

Ok,so most people say this is fake.Is there any scientists that believe this is a genuine creature? original.gif

Does anyone know what it is then? Saying fake alone is enough.

At least with a sassy pic we get comments of man in a suit and drawings, but what is this then?

My only thought would be a school of fish.

I really don't see how it could be faked.Especially with 2 pics,and both are of the same figure.I don't think it is a school of fish,the only thing that's possible is maybe an oil spill...

It was on Ripleys Believe It Or Not, and on this site before, and it was proven to be fake/hoaxed.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

Yes we do, I'm looking right now but its going to be hard to find it without a name.

And some people say its a school of fish.

All I know is that its not real.

riplys believe it or not is all true things isnt it?

but the 2nd photo looks pretty doctored, the first is pretty realistic

We just need to wait for a giant frog or giant ova to come by and we'll know what happened.

428707[/snapback]

It was in "Spot The Not" (Where you have three choices, and two are real, and one is fake)

428610[/snapback]

428626[/snapback]

Guys....the thing is a HOAX. I gave you the info... The photographer and year it was done. What more question is there??? I found the info in my TIME/LIFE book series MYSTERIES OF THE UNKNOWN.

428626[/snapback]

Also:

7. The Queensland Monster

In December 1964, French photographer Robert Serrec was on vacation in Queensland, Australia, when he took the photograph of a lifetime -- or faked it. He was paddling rowboats with a group of family and friends in shallow waters off Hook Island, near the Queensland coast, when he says a bizarre creature appeared beneath the waves.

Serrec described the monster as an enormous, dark-colored snake with the shape of a giant tadpole. It had a huge reptilian head and a slender, waving body that stretched to about 75-80 feet. Serrec said there seemed to be a wounded area on the creature's back. One of Serrec's photos (shown on this page) presents a very clear and striking image that distinguishes it from the average blurred, murky sea monster picture. Serrec also shot some movie camera footage underwater, but it did not turn out with any distinct detail.

Serrec's photo and his story have been widely discredited as a hoax. The main argument against the photo is that it is simply too clear -- it looks so perfect and so overly "real" that many experts believe, ironically, that it must have been staged. It is also extremely difficult to judge the scale of the supposed creature. The position of the tiny man in the rowboat above the monster creates the visual impression that the monster must be gigantic, but it could actually be a small prop photographed at very close range, with the rowboat off in the far distance. Source.

Oh, and another source saying it was a hoax. Link.

Case Closed.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

Unfortunately, not so. sad.gif But then again, nobody's perfect. grin2.gif

Someone made a huge tadpole- like- model; was patient for a sunny day; placed it into the water with some friends help; took the shot.

It's funny to me when they do things like this.

They submerged the subject underwater but still you could see traces

of cropping marks even a sea filter effect was applied to it.

When you do hoaxes you should study it too before posting it and make sure

you leave no traces of any kind.

I really don't see how it could be faked.Especially with 2 pics,and both are of the same figure.I don't think it is a school of fish,the only thing that's possible is maybe an oil spill...

428685[/snapback]

Man you believe in everything, I don't think i've ever seen you post a pic without claiming it was real, lol. It's a fake, it's already been proven I read about it ages ago. rofl.gif

EDIT - But yeah that doesn't mean I don't wish they were real too so I get where you're coming from. original.gif

Edited by Richdog

but the 2nd photo looks pretty doctored, the first is pretty realistic

428707[/snapback]

Yeah, it IS. We have one of these places on the Gold Coast here. It's strange phenomena.

Maybe it IS a sea creature. You can't just say 'it's fake' without explaining why. It was so easy to fake pictures before the internet age. It may be fake, maybe not.

I remember I saw these pics online ages ago...people were going on about how "fantastic" they looked, and how they left them in no doubt....I don't see it myself.

To me, the pics look very unnatural...the creatures features look very much like they've been added in articifially, and I'm not altogether impressed. While I certainly do believe, if we're going to find any "monsters" on earth, the sea is where to look, I don't consider these pics good examples tongue.gif

user posted image

The fish down there scare the sh** out of me.