Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Question?

elizabeth

i was just wondering with all the technology we have today if there is a such thing as big foot , lochness monster etc... why cant they find them with these big cameras r whatever they have in space....just wondering

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devilwolf

• mr_halo

• Canadian Rottweiler

• Shai_Hulud

i was just wondering with all the technology we have today if there is a such thing as big foot , lochness monster etc... why cant they find them with these big cameras r whatever they have in space....just wondering

438897[/snapback]

That is a big question that cannot possible be fully answered.But these cryptids have many many many places that they can hide,and nothing can be proved real or fake until evidence such as a body comes in.Even with sonar pics of nessie,it can't be proved to be nessie,cause there is no body.Ogopogo for example,the natives from back in the 1700s and 1800s said that this sea sea serpent can take the form of a bird,or a fish,or anything to remain undetected,so it is in peace.Since we know very little about cryptids,they may have some sort of 'magic'or something that we humans have never witnessed,or just cannot understand.There is many possibilities...

438897[/snapback]

It is very difficult to have hi-tech cameras and other such equipment at every nook and corner of the vast habitats that these creatures are believed to be living in. Even with our very advanced equipment, it is almost impossible to pinpoint these creatures in their vast habitats and take footage. Also, like what canadian said: we know very little about them and their way of life, the places where they live and hide, so it makes the task even more difficult.

Most of the ocean life and a good part of life on land still is unexplored.

I wonder if there is such technology like the satellite images, if they are strong enough to even penetrate the murky water of the loch

Let's not forget cost. Someone needs to pay for all this high-tech equipment; and even renting it isn't cheap. Not to mention whatever ship, plane vehicles or whatever may be involved depending on whatever you're looking for. Add in the costs of paying for your crew and labor, as well as fees if you want actual scientists with you. And food, lodging, travel expenses and whatever other sundries you care to name and it all adds up to one massive bill..

Governments aren't willing to toss away millions hunting for Cryptids usually. (Why not? They don't mind tossing millions away normally. tongue.gif ) So usually this is all on the bankbooks of private citizens and independant research groups, and their accounts only stretch so far..

The best hope for finding Cryptids probably, is in the hands of Universities and Colleges. But even they have to keep strictly within whatever budget they're given..

lets invent a better computer company than Bill Gates and become super billionaires, sweet

Edited by Devilwolf

438897[/snapback]

better technology doesn't always been better results....

cool.gif

true but when all the bugs are worked out it'll be alot better

I won't say noone who went looking haven't found anything yet. Seems to me people go there with there hitech gear and found plenty of anomalies just nothing that can scientifically verify the existence of nessie.

Well, I am going to assume only our Governement has the sort of technology

you are talking about, and if that is the case

A, I doubt they have much interest in Cryptids to spend their time looking

and would rather use it to spy on other countries or use it on Iraq or what have you

OR

B, I could be wrong about the above and they have already found out about

any of the numerous cryptids and just plan on not informing anyone

thats my two cents anyway thumbsup.gif

true but when all the bugs are worked out it'll be alot better

441375[/snapback]

you can never get all the bugs out, nothing is perfect....

except me of course yes.gif

cool.gif

ha, good one, maybe they are thinking that the people will not believe them and think that the government is lieing to them or some cryptids, say like the megaladon could cause quite a panic, would some people really wanna go on a cruise if they knew there was a shark big enough to munch on the boat for dinner

ha, good one, maybe they are thinking that the people will not believe them and think that the government is lieing to them or some cryptids, say like the megaladon could cause quite a panic, would some people really wanna go on a cruise if they knew there was a shark big enough to munch on the boat for dinner

442896[/snapback]

the chances of a megalodon being alive are very slim, never mind a population capable of sustaining their existence, but yes that would be scary, they sure were big creatures...

cool.gif

just wait, we would probably see signs before we saw them like a thinning whale population and other animal thinning in the ocean and some people that have supposedly sighted the megaladon have claimed that it was a whale at first and then later concluded that it was in fact larger and looked like that of a shark

just wait, we would probably see signs before we saw them like a thinning whale population and other animal thinning in the ocean and some people that have supposedly sighted the megaladon have claimed that it was a whale at first and then later concluded that it was in fact larger and looked like that of a shark

442944[/snapback]

theres probably just some big ole' grat white sharks out there.....

or maybe they are just seeing basking sharks or whale sharks, those are big and are sharks....

cool.gif

well actually on the page it talks about some sharks that are pretty wll overgrown than usual and how it is new evidence for the megaladon

http://www.bahnhof.se/~wizard/GUSTeng03/ar...mega_bevis.html

442953[/snapback]

well i guess there could be one out there...

or some sort of variation of the megalodon...

or maybe a new species of undiscovered shark...

cool.gif

possibly in that vast never ending ocean...aren't megaladons a cousin of the great white?

• 2 weeks later...

438897[/snapback]

Didn't really have much time to read previous posts. But I'll post my opinion based on this post anyways.

The lake itself, Loch Ness, is an extreme deep, cold, and murky mass of water. The temperature itself is unbearable for any scuba divers or even snorklers to take a look inside, based on what I've read. The sea weed and the lake floor is extremely muddy and very unclear to see. The lake is extremely deep and many people believe its a piece of cake as in just a legend,a fictional legend, and dont spend their time in it because they don't believe in it at all. Many people don't believe in this ancient existing dinosaur (which I myself am lately having trouble believing it) and so don't want to waste their time on it. = My opinion grin2.gif

Edited by Mysteryman

When the US was starting the war with Iraq, they probably had every satilite they have scoping for sadam, but it was still hard to find him. If we were to use a satilite to look for a creature we would only get our hands on a few satilites.

The only way to show that these things are real is to hunt gunsmilie.gif 1 down and bring back its body...And the only way to do this is just by pure luck.....

Satellites can't be specifically targeted at something you know...they're in orbit. The best you can get is an occassional glimpse of any specific target, and then only providing that target is along the satellite's trajectory.

You are right we do have a lot of technology that we didnt have years ago .. and seemingly it should be easier for us to prove the existence of the Big Ones.

Well...

Scotland Had a few good web cameras. I saw Nessie on it in 1999, but for some reason the more pictures that were produced and generated from these web cams they closed them all down except for one that is too far away from the water to see anything.

Web cams are the best way to see something that is considered elusive because after time it blends in with the rest of the surroundings.

SO on that Note I feel that on the most part as long as they can keep us guessing and in suspense on this subject the more money they make from us.

otherwise why not leave the webcams up and spread more throughout the loch. Other lakes where there have been reports and forests where bigfoot has been seen.

Yes we have the technology but it isn't being used in the large scale that it should be. It is either unimportant or so important that the camera have been cut off.

I have no idea as to which. However I saw Nessie with my hubby and I know how great a tool a web cam can be.

I ever win the Lotto I am going to buy a piece of land Loch Side.. and I am going to install the watch dog from Sony. Then I am going to get me a cabin in the woods and set on up for bigfoot too.

I suggest the same to all who want the answers, if you have the money and you have the place to install it set up cameras and get the answers your self because the governments and Scientist do not care what we know or don't know it is all in what is important to them.