Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Help clarify this Hy-Brasil/Atlantis thing?

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#46    addicted2011

addicted2011

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

View PostEssan, on 14 May 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

The only event of note that might conceivably be connected is the great flood of 1607 - possibly a tsunami caused by an underwater earthquake off Ireland:

http://en.wikipedia....el_floods,_1607

I have never ever heard of this island or this porcupine thing - so I am going to do some more digging - I am interested what has been said about Irish myth legend - its the key to everything that i need so thank you for the info and pointers - this is so interesting!!!

Funny that there is high volume of the Rhesus neg people here - its all in the DNA I think!

Its written in the stars xx

#47    7munkee

7munkee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• "Your mind is like a parachute...it wont work unless it's open"---Graham Hancock

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

There has been much debate as how Ireland was colonized originaly, the mainstream idea is from the south or east.  But the concept of Hy-brasil opens the case for colonization from the west.  Many legends (and legends are almost universaly started from a grain of truth) contain references of this, the Rigsbula being one off the top of my mind.

7munkee
-question everything-
human history is up for grabs. The further back you go, the more that the history that's taught in the schools and universities begins to look like some kind of faerie story."
Graham Hancock

#48    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:41 AM

View Post7munkee, on 26 May 2011 - 12:32 AM, said:

There has been much debate as how Ireland was colonized originaly, the mainstream idea is from the south or east.  But the concept of Hy-brasil opens the case for colonization from the west.  Many legends (and legends are almost universaly started from a grain of truth) contain references of this, the Rigsbula being one off the top of my mind.
OMG BRAD PITT?!

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

#49    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

I always heard the legendary island called Hy-Brasil...no "Z" and maybe a Celtic word that just happens to sound like a Portuguese word?  Also...always heard it related to Ireland myth...other than that, don't know a thing about it.

#50    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,127 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

View Post7munkee, on 26 May 2011 - 12:32 AM, said:

I think you mean the Fir Bolg...

According to ancient Irish legends Ireland was first inhabited (a few centuries after the Flood) by the Fomorians.

They are being described as 'swarthy' and kind of rude and primitive. Some say it is an image of the people of the original Mesolithic culture of Ireland, and that is before people from Iberia arrived there (Partholan, the Milesians, the Fir Bolg, and others).

The etymology of the name Fomorian is interesting: some say it means something like 'people from under the sea', others say it means 'people from the Ice'. And those are just a couple.

#51    captainkayos

captainkayos

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

Perhaps the most famous UFO incident in UK history took place during the cold war in Rendlesham Forest. British and US airforce personnel were stationed at 2 RAF bases in the forest. A bright delta shaped craft was spotted and followed to a landing point by 2 officers. One of these was USAF staff officer James Penniston. When the craft landed, the two men took dimensions and details but Penniston put his hand on the surface of the craft. As he did, he began recieving images of a binary code. Years after the incident a binary code expert, Nick Ciste, was given Pennistons code and deciphered it as a set of co-ordinates whiich relate to a location approx 120 miles off the west of Ireland Clare coast. This corresponds with the alleged location of the mysterious isle of Hy Brasil. Hy Brasil appeared on maps up to 1865. It was said that the name derived from the old Irish 'Ui Breasail' which can be translated as clan of the mighty. Eye witmess reports said that an advanced civilisation lived on the island and that the buildings had golden roofs. It was said that an old magician lived in a tower there and that he was the authority on the Isle. There are several records of individuals such as Lord Nisbit from Fermanagh who ventured out to the island and came back with gold, silver and tales of wonder but also told stories of hideous sounds that filled the night air. After 1865, Hy Brasil no longer appears on maps or records. It has become the stuff of myth but it certainly was believed to exist at one time. I live on the Clare coast and I can tell you that some local fishermen believe that they have seen evidence of Hy Brasil in an area known as the porcupine reef. One man in particular said that he saw constructions beneath the surface that had to have been man-made. The difficulty is that water levels rise and fall perilously in this region and, what he may have seen at that time could be 100/200 feet below the waves on most other occasions. I find Hy Brasil fascinating and James Pennistons experience in Rendlesham Forest is, I believe, a strange but true event. Penniston would almost certainly not have heard of Hy Brasil when he submitted his binary code to Nick Ciste but the co-ordinates are specific and clearly identify what is believed by locals and folklorists as to be the location of our mysterious wee isle. Incidently, all recorded eye witness accounts state that Hy Brasil is perfectly circular and it appeared on pre-1865 maps in that fashion. I hope this has answered some questions for those who are asking and, like you all, i look forward to a time when a full and detailed underwater investigation is done into what could be a most incredible discovery.

#52    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,127 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

View Postcaptainkayos, on 19 June 2011 - 04:17 PM, said:

Perhaps the most famous UFO incident in UK history took place during the cold war in Rendlesham Forest. British and US airforce personnel were stationed at 2 RAF bases in the forest. A bright delta shaped craft was spotted and followed to a landing point by 2 officers. One of these was USAF staff officer James Penniston. When the craft landed, the two men took dimensions and details but Penniston put his hand on the surface of the craft. As he did, he began recieving images of a binary code. Years after the incident a binary code expert, Nick Ciste, was given Pennistons code and deciphered it as a set of co-ordinates whiich relate to a location approx 120 miles off the west of Ireland Clare coast. This corresponds with the alleged location of the mysterious isle of Hy Brasil. Hy Brasil appeared on maps up to 1865. It was said that the name derived from the old Irish 'Ui Breasail' which can be translated as clan of the mighty. Eye witmess reports said that an advanced civilisation lived on the island and that the buildings had golden roofs. It was said that an old magician lived in a tower there and that he was the authority on the Isle. There are several records of individuals such as Lord Nisbit from Fermanagh who ventured out to the island and came back with gold, silver and tales of wonder but also told stories of hideous sounds that filled the night air. After 1865, Hy Brasil no longer appears on maps or records. It has become the stuff of myth but it certainly was believed to exist at one time. I live on the Clare coast and I can tell you that some local fishermen believe that they have seen evidence of Hy Brasil in an area known as the porcupine reef. One man in particular said that he saw constructions beneath the surface that had to have been man-made. The difficulty is that water levels rise and fall perilously in this region and, what he may have seen at that time could be 100/200 feet below the waves on most other occasions. I find Hy Brasil fascinating and James Pennistons experience in Rendlesham Forest is, I believe, a strange but true event. Penniston would almost certainly not have heard of Hy Brasil when he submitted his binary code to Nick Ciste but the co-ordinates are specific and clearly identify what is believed by locals and folklorists as to be the location of our mysterious wee isle. Incidently, all recorded eye witness accounts state that Hy Brasil is perfectly circular and it appeared on pre-1865 maps in that fashion. I hope this has answered some questions for those who are asking and, like you all, i look forward to a time when a full and detailed underwater investigation is done into what could be a most incredible discovery.

Hi captainkayos, and welcome to this site.

Much of what you posted has been posted before.

"One man in particular said that he saw constructions beneath the surface that had to have been man-made."

I guess you expect what I have to say about that: please show us photos.

Or else it will be nothing but hearsay.

#53    captainkayos

captainkayos

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 19 June 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

Hi captainkayos, and welcome to this site.

Much of what you posted has been posted before.

"One man in particular said that he saw constructions beneath the surface that had to have been man-made."

I guess you expect what I have to say about that: please show us photos.

Or else it will be nothing but hearsay.

Hi Abramelin and thank you for your welcome. I fully understand your position. Fishermens tales are, after all, just fishermens tales but I am certainly intrigued by this particular case. I am skeptical of certain things but it is always wise to remember that the Panda was deemed a flight of fancy until it was positively identified. The same applies to the mountain gorilla, the polar bear, the manatee and a host of wildlife that was once considered fantastical. The coelacanth was understood to be extinct until one was filmed and new islands in the pacific ocean were being charted up to 20yrs ago. Of course a picture paints a thousand words but it is important to remain open minded enough to, at least, consider the irrational in the absence of rational proof.

#54    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,127 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

View Postcaptainkayos, on 20 June 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

Hi Abramelin and thank you for your welcome. I fully understand your position. Fishermens tales are, after all, just fishermens tales but I am certainly intrigued by this particular case. I am skeptical of certain things but it is always wise to remember that the Panda was deemed a flight of fancy until it was positively identified. The same applies to the mountain gorilla, the polar bear, the manatee and a host of wildlife that was once considered fantastical. The coelacanth was understood to be extinct until one was filmed and new islands in the pacific ocean were being charted up to 20yrs ago. Of course a picture paints a thousand words but it is important to remain open minded enough to, at least, consider the irrational in the absence of rational proof.

The difference here is that they actually researched this area (Porcupine SeaBight/Bank) and didn't find anything like manmade constructions.

#55    XanderChris

XanderChris

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

That Ancient Aliens show can really suck you in.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I did a little research about Hy-Brasil and the possibility of diving off the coast of Ireland and stumbled across the Integrated Mapping For the Sustainable Development of Ireland's Marine Resource (INFOMAR). It is a program funded by the Irish Government to map out the seabed around Ireland.

A lot of the data can be viewed with this interactive map.

http://spatial.dcenr...sp?site=INFOMAR

If you click on Zoom Location on the top and then hit Zoom to WGS84 Lat / Long Coordinate, you can enter the coordinates provided by Jim's binary code. For Longitude, enter -13 13 12.69. For Latitude, enter 52 09 42.532. You can select the zoom width or use the zoom tool at the top. When you do this, you can clearly see a circular sunken island under water. I'm just kidding.. there doesn't appear to be anything there (but it is still fun to look around). One cool feature they offer is the location of sunken ship wrecks that they have come across. I wonder if there is any treasure in these ships?

The data can also be downloaded and viewed in Google Earth.

::EDIT::

I forgot to mention that although these coordinates don't show anything... If you look between 3h and 3b, there is a section of seabed that is relatively shallow.

Edited by XanderChris, 21 June 2011 - 05:00 AM.

#56    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,127 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

Hi Xander, and welcome.

I tried that map. but it's a bit too glitchy for me.

Is it this 'island' you said you could see using that map?  :

(From post 28, page 2)

Posted Image

#57    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

Interesting. I dont know how I missed this thread before. I will start reading from first to last.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#58    Kuri_1987

Kuri_1987

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:31 AM

You all seemed to have dismissed the binary part of this conversation. As I'm sure you all know binary is a very real code. Its been used for many many years. All it is, is morse code really. "1"s and "0"s...dots and dashes. Its one of the oldest languges in the world dating back even to the myans. Wouldn't the be the most logical way to send and recieve messages to and from aliens? As for the Hy-Brasil, I'm very interested in that. As to its validity I'm not sure. I'd like to believe it. For those of you that have watch Ancient Aliens you know that they "found" what they believe to be Atlantis and the theory that it lifted off the face of the earth (since it disappered in a cloud of fire and smoke in one day). I have to agree with an earlier post (sorry I can't remember your name lol) just because it doesn't make sense to us doesn't mean we can rule it out. Maybe Hy-Brasil was a sanctuary for aliens or other worldly beings. They don't need it anymore so its gone.

#59    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,127 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

Flythrough showing the continental shelf off Ireland's coast which is being mapped by the INFOMAR project and its forerunner the Irish National Seabed Survey. This flythrough was made for a groundtruthing leg which was using an instrument called a vibrocore to take cores from the seabed off the west and north west coast to investigate the glacial history of the area. This research can in turn be used to predict possible changes that may come about due to climate change in the future.

#60    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,127 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 July 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

Flythrough showing the continental shelf off Ireland's coast which is being mapped by the INFOMAR project and its forerunner the Irish National Seabed Survey. This flythrough was made for a groundtruthing leg which was using an instrument called a vibrocore to take cores from the seabed off the west and north west coast to investigate the glacial history of the area. This research can in turn be used to predict possible changes that may come about due to climate change in the future.

Compare:

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users