Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious sludge creature

Canadian Rottweiler

I just found this pic,and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it...

post-10180-1096687044.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Canadian Rottweiler

• DarkSide

• Panthera leo atrox

• BurnSide

Well it looks like a type of lobster, maybe it had an accident and it caused it to lose it's "tail" shell...

I would say low ph levels, would of screwed up it's shell, and since the tail part is the softest it would have been desolved away and would smoothen it's upper shell.

oooor looking at the claws, that looks to have any type of articulation, a very possible fake.

There was a discussion on Cryptozoology.com on that a while back. You could try going there and looking it up.

There was a discussion on Cryptozoology.com on that a while back. You could try going there and looking it up.

287231[/snapback]

Alright,Thanks thumbsup.gif

[attachmentid=5718]

Edit: Got a picture of a naked hermit crab for comparison.

Looks like a mutated hermit crab to me.. O.o Akward....

post-790-1096692516.jpg

Edited by DaRkSiDe

[attachmentid=5718]

Edit: Got a picture of a naked hermit crab for comparison.

Looks like a mutated hermit crab to me.. O.o Akward....

287263[/snapback]

They are somewhat alike,but the creature that I posted looks dinosaur like.I just don't see that it would be a hermit crab or a lobster.Anyways,I'm going Scuba diving in Cultus lake tomorrow,I'll look for a crayfish(freshwater lobster) and check the resemblences...

Edited by Canadian

Oh crayfish are pretty much exactly like a lobster just smaller (somtimes) and most of the time a greyish/brown colour.

I know I had one for a pet but he got eaten by my cat XD. (I also has 2 hermit crabs, there names are Atlas and Zoidberg grin2.gif)

EDIT (again):

Cray fish.

[attachmentid=5720]

Lobster.

[attachmentid=5721]

post-790-1096693671.jpg

post-790-1096693700.jpg

Edited by DaRkSiDe

Oh crayfish are pretty much exactly like a lobster just smaller (somtimes) and most of the time a greyish/brown colour.

I know I had one for a pet but he got eaten by my cat XD. (I also has 2 hermit crabs, there names are Atlas and Zoidberg grin2.gif)

EDIT (again):

Cray fish.

[attachmentid=5720]

Lobster.

[attachmentid=5721]

287282[/snapback]

Your cat ate it? sad.gif How big was the crayfish? huh.gif You would be surprised how big they get in Cultus lake.They sometimes get to be much larger than lobsters. w00t.gif Good pics though thumbsup.gif

Edited by Canadian

It was only like 2 inches. My cat ate it because it pinched her nose it was pretty funny though. Yeha i've also had fiddler crabs but they died in less than a week becasue the people at the petstore didn't tell me they need brackish water to survive disgust.gif But thats getting of topic...

It was only like 2 inches. My cat ate it because it pinched her nose it was pretty funny though. Yeha i've also had fiddler crabs but they died in less than a week becasue the people at the petstore didn't tell me they need brackish water to survive  disgust.gif  But thats getting of topic...

287289[/snapback]

I realized a while back that half the time,petstore employees don't know what their talking about when it comes to marine life. laugh.gif Like,I bought 3 Freshwater Pufferfish,they said to just give them fish flakes.They didn't tell me that they die if they do not eat meat within every 3 days. disgust.gif Guess what,3 days later they died because I didn't know that you were supposed to give them meat. crying.gif

Aww.. thats sad disgust.gif stupid pet store employees. But no this is about some mutatated mudskipper/crab/squid thing ma bobber. If you want to talk about fish PM me. (PS I have fish XD)

Now this is an interesting original picture. Good find. thumbsup.gif

I'd say it does look like a crayfish, especially if it was pregnant. I've seen one about the size of a persons hand and then it's preganat the bottom of the tail swells up.

Because it's covered in sludge it could also have extra bits of sludge attached to it making it look deformed.

Hmm.. Come to think of it don't crayfish/lobsters/shrimp lay the eggs then curl the tails around them in a ball? That could be why it looks like tentacles.

Yeah, something like that. Disinterested just showed me a picture of the egg sack. Its basically a ball of goo under the tail. It is only under the tail though so it wouldn't be a factor in the way the 'sludge monster' looks.

Yeah, something like that. Disinterested just showed me a picture of the egg sack. Its basically a ball of goo under the tail. It is only under the tail though so it wouldn't be a factor in the way the 'sludge monster' looks.

287308[/snapback]

You guys could be right,but don't you think that it looks dinosaur-ish. huh.gif

Edited by Canadian

Hmmm.. not really it could have some trilobity resemblance but more like a big shrimp. Oh my god! I just had another brain flash! XD (woo twice in one week)

I was reading a National Geographic and it was showing deep sea cretures and there was a shrimp like thing but it had these weird claws that were like yellow I think, but they look like they couldn't open and close. Curses I forget whatr they are called now. disgust.gif

It's possible that this a new species. ph34r.gif I mean,the reason it has sludge on it could have be from an oil spill that killed it.Looks like a deep sea creature.Maybe,it traveled close to shore and was affected by the oil spill,which eventually killed it.Do you think that this could be an explanation? huh.gif

MAybe but it would probably be crushed by the pressure change. So it wouldn't make it to shore. It looks like this photo was taken in a swamp but it could be a saltwater marsh and it could have come to the surface and drifted/carried into the swamp/marsh. Or it could just be a totally new species of crustacean. Or just be a fake.

MAybe but it would probably be crushed by the pressure change. So it wouldn't make it to shore. It looks like this photo was taken in a swamp but it could be a saltwater marsh and it could have come to the surface and drifted/carried into the swamp/marsh. Or it could just be a totally new species of crustacean. Or just be a fake.

287336[/snapback]

It defenitely looks like a real creature...

Edited by Canadian

well i thought it could be some sort of squid, because of the size of what looks to be an eye, don't squids have large eyes to body ratio or something?

any squid heads in here...burnside i'm looking at you...

post-8538-1096710839.jpg

I would have never thought that the thing looked like a "dinosaur"... huh.gif I don't see the resemblance tongue.gif

No for that to be a squid the eyes would have to be positioned lower on the 'cone' ish shape of the body? And why would it have claws?

Yeah squids definately don't have claws. thumbsup.gif

Unless, for some reason those are extremely demented fins. grin2.gif