Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

[Merged]Food 4 thought/Batman Murders Covert

batman murders covert op

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16    Toadie

Toadie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• "If you never doubt your beliefs, then you’re wrong a lot"

"Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow"

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

How is the government affecting your life??
Honestly the government doesn't really affect my life so I don't see why people fear them?

#17    TheCelt

TheCelt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

I'm just saying... there is a UN vote going on next week. There is a kid that was somewhat accomplished and failed out and getting evicted that lit up a room full of people with unimaginable ammunition. Now there are media, celebrities and pundits speaking to amend things involving the 2nd amendment. That is all. I put this in Conspiracy because I figured people would feel like "OMG idiot CT'r" . I really just wanted opinions... Thanks

#18    TheCelt

TheCelt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Just saying the vote is in a few days... noone knows (or cares) and we sign and our constitution is now governed by the world... You will hear nothing but coverage about the CO shooting till the vote is done.

I'm a neck CT'r

Edited by TheCelt, 22 July 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#19    Toadie

Toadie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• "If you never doubt your beliefs, then you’re wrong a lot"

"Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow"

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

Move to Australia

#20    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostToadie, on 22 July 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

I have never understood why people fear their government

Read history much?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#21    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yes, Food for Thought, Celt.

I had not considered the events in Colorado within the context of the pending UN action regarding guns.  I think that is a valid consideration.  Speculative, but valid.

I understand MKUltra, and consider it to be a reality in one degree or another.

Whether this guy might have been a candidate is possible, but so far remote.

The timing of the incident is impeccable, however, considering the upcoming vote.

#22    lliqerty

lliqerty

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostCzero 101, on 21 July 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Wow... just wow... :unsure2:

Thank you all for taking the time to try making this tragedy all about you and your petty conspiracy theories.... :td:
Cz

Try making it abiut those so-called right wingers being baaaaaad!  Dangerous!!!!!!  Or is it left winger who are baaaaaad and dangerous?????????

#23    lliqerty

lliqerty

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 22 July 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Yes, Food for Thought, Celt.

I had not considered the events in Colorado within the context of the pending UN action regarding guns.  I think that is a valid consideration.  Speculative, but valid.

I understand MKUltra, and consider it to be a reality in one degree or another.

Whether this guy might have been a candidate is possible, but so far remote.

The timing of the incident is impeccable, however, considering the upcoming vote.

BR, I'm not native born, so please forgive me for being against guns. They cannot protect you from ther govt anyways. I just hate to make it that much easier to move towards tyranny.

#24    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

white hot fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostTheCelt, on 22 July 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

I'm just saying... there is a UN vote going on next week. There is a kid that was somewhat accomplished and failed out and getting evicted that lit up a room full of people with unimaginable ammunition. Now there are media, celebrities and pundits speaking to amend things involving the 2nd amendment. That is all. I put this in Conspiracy because I figured people would feel like "OMG idiot CT'r" . I really just wanted opinions... Thanks

Well, my honest opinion on your little "theory" would just be a long string of obscenities, so...

Enough with this "just sayin'" nonsense. You know exactly what you are saying. Have some intellectual integrity and come out and say it directly.

#25    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

lliqerty

No problem sir, with your aversion to guns.  No problem at all.  One of my brothers is pretty much the same way, though we were both raised around guns and taught to respect and use them properly from young age.

My position is that the Second Amendment means what it says, even though the US Constitution itself is fairly well dead-in-the-water anymore.

I say that if after 100 years of zealous enforcement of the drug laws, the government cannot "get rid of" drugs, how can it possibly "get rid of guns"?  It cannot.  Moreover, I do believe in the armed citizen, not so much to overthrow the government in some bizarre hypothetical, but for self defense.

And like it or not, the number of cases in which the armed citizen protects himself, his property and family, and other citizens is substantial.

#26    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

I don't really see how the theory would hold.  If most Americans don't even know about the pending UN action and, frankly, most barely care if they did, what's the point.

It's not like folks are going to see what happened in CO and suddenly start demanding that the UN take action against the gun scourge.  At this point, no one except the typical anti-gun folks are even asking the US government to do anything about it.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#27    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,796 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostToadie, on 21 July 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

You sound just like the type that shouldn't have a gun
But you see, Toadie, whether I own a weapon or not is MY business as a citizen of the United States.  It impacts you and your country NOT AT ALL.  So I ask again, why does it matter to you?  I could see having this conversation with say, a New Yorker or Californian who is adamantly against gun ownership but an Ozzie?  If growing up without guns and being without guns works for those in Australia then I'm happy for you.  Sincerely.  I'm sure it's one less thing to worry over.  So just chill and allow Americans to deal with our own problems.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#28    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,147 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostTheCelt, on 21 July 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Just wondering if any of you are following what happened in CO. It's strange to me the majority of Americans have no idea what is going to take place at the UN vote next week and all the sudden some guy lights up a movie theatre... Reminds me of the pokidotted dress in the sir han sir han thing.. This dude gets a phone call lights up 70+ people and now we have celebrities on our propaganda machines advocating patriot act ammendments to control the 2nd ammendment... What are your thoughts?

Celt

[edited for spelling]

seems you have a gun problem.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 22 July 2012 - 09:07 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#29    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,147 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

View Postand then, on 22 July 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

But you see, Toadie, whether I own a weapon or not is MY business as a citizen of the United States.  It impacts you and your country NOT AT ALL.  So I ask again, why does it matter to you?  I could see having this conversation with say, a New Yorker or Californian who is adamantly against gun ownership but an Ozzie?  If growing up without guns and being without guns works for those in Australia then I'm happy for you.  Sincerely.  I'm sure it's one less thing to worry over.  So just chill and allow Americans to deal with our own problems.

It probably would have worked for those 14 people (& assorted relatives) in that cinema too.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 22 July 2012 - 09:10 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#30    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,796 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 22 July 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

It probably would have worked for those 14 people (& assorted relatives) in that cinema too.
It absolutely would have been a better day for them had they been sitting in a theatre in some other country...unless a bomb went off...but let's not start that argument.  The point is that it's an American problem and I'm not sure why it's so upsetting to people from other countries who really aren't affected by it.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users