Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Getting cut in dreams...

In the Attic

While I don't often remember my dreams (or lose memory of them within minutes of waking), there have been a few that I've had retained memory of recently that have made me wonder what the heck could be swimming around in my subconscious.

My memory of what exactly was going on in these dreams and what I was feeling in them has pretty much decided to store itself away somewhere in my brain where I will probably never find it again, but I do remember that all of them include being cut somehow. In the first one I can remember, I had a large gash on my arm and was in a car outside of what I think was a hotel in another country. My family was there, but they refused to take me to an urgent care office due to the fact that it was my younger sister's birthday and I would be selfishly ruining it if anyone took me to get stitched up...or something. They left the hotel without me later on in the dream, and the urgency of seeing a doctor had pretty much dwindled to nothing, if I'm remembering right. I don't remember exactly when I dreamed this, but it was probably sometime late last year.

More recently (a few weeks ago), I had another nightmare that took place while celebrating a holiday at my grandparents' place. At some point in it I was trying to protect someone, probably family, and either I or an attacker had knives (most likely both of us). I'm pretty sure I was afraid or being cut, but at the same time didn't want to let the attacker win. The next thing I remember, I had fallen asleep and woke up with a bunch of cuts all over my upper body. For some reason the wounds looked as if knife blades had cut through the skin in a sideways angle. Apparently I had fallen asleep on top of the knives I'd had and they'd caused the cuts as I moved around in my sleep. Whoever the attacker was, they were still there and basically told me "duh, you slept on knives, how do you think you got those cuts?"

The last dream I had was pretty recent, and involved my boyfriend showing me a weird knife. I was laying on the floor sandwiched between a coffee table and a couch, and my guy was looking down at me from the couch. I'm not clear on exactly how it happened, but I'm thinking I ended up accidentally dropping the knife while I was holding it, and it cut into me. The weird thing about it was, it "clung" to my skin, sort of like velcro. Really weird crap.

So, I dunno. I'm not exactly sure what's up with these dreams, but they've stuck in my mind and the fact that I have no idea what they could mean is really bugging me. I'm open to all interpretations; psychic, psychological, etc. I can provide personal info that might help bring the meanings to light in a "headshrinker" sense if need be, but since that's my usual approach and I'm interested in trying something different I figured I'd let the peeps here with psychic gifts have a go at it first before I did any of that:).

Thanks, all!

(...Now that I'm reading this over before I post it, I'm realizing how stupid it all sounds. But uh, hey, they're dreams...they just happen to sound moronic.)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual Particle

• In the Attic

• Mecha Wolf

• Nik Xues

Perhaps you are feeling overwhelmed at present by the expectations of others

Perhaps you are feeling overwhelmed at present by the expectations of others

Thanks for the reply, Triad! I'm gonna see if anyone else has any feedback before giving my opinion on your interpretation, but just out of curiosity, was that a psychic interpretation or a psychological interpretation?

Anyone else? I'm really interested to hear some more feedback from you guys if anyone has some.

Hmmm lets see.

In my experiences there are two scenarios.

1 you had injured youself even a minor scratch and it lapped into the dream. This is common its called external osmosis[not really but it sounds proper]. where a real stimuli actually takes shape in a dream. Ex everyone breaking into dance to a certain song playing on the real radio.

2. Your obsession with knives is obviously a symbol of sorts. im no good in this category but there are a few dream experts about here im sur theyll get to that soon.

Psychological, my impression is you may accurately identifying certain factors that are going on in your life, but this understanding in on an unconscious level so this being why the dream.

Any thoughts?

• 10 years later...

I recently had a dream that I was in my grandparents house, but it wasn't their house. It was some random guys house but I knew him in my dream. I kept getting cuts and it started on my arms and looked like self harm and ended up all over. Then on my back it said get out in cuts and other lines all over my back. There were other words on my arms in cuts but I don't quite remember what it said but does anyone know if this means anything/what it means?? // I'm very open to any explanation you may have weather it be religious, psychic, or psychological. 

Edited by Eren

I had a dream once that I was stabbed in the hand by some negative individuals. But my hand healed instantly and I did a dragon born shout on them then they just flew back. Some dreams have messages and etc. But some dreams are attacks by negative entities. You have to be willing to fight back to some degree. I do something I call "Dream Alteration" it's nothing new but what you basically do is if your someone who writes down your dreams. Anytime you have a negative one or etc. You can write down the dream but you will alter the story of the dream to "turn the tables" of the situation. This requires a good sense of creativity. And you want to make sure that you maintain a sense of mortality when dealing with these beings. Because one of there tactics are to get you to give in to violence and harm others. This can be dangerous particularly towards people who have a difficult time discerning reality from fantasy. Example - a person who cant discern dreams from reality may have a nightmare about getting attacked by a another person in there hometown. And may very well act out revenge or etc on the person thinking it was a real situation. But testing and experience has shown me that this method works very well when you put a decent amount of effort into it. I never had alot of nightmares growing up but I would get alot of dreams of dream characters trying to manipulate me and etc. Turn your nightmares into dreams my friend and just enjoy the show. I have reviewed alot of positive and joyful experiences from these in my dreams and has even effected my waking life positively. After some time of altering you will see a change in your dreams and dream character behavior over time. This is not permanent however and if you don't keep your dream characters in "check" they may try to repeat the process again and try to take advantage and manipulate again. Eventually it can get to point to where you won't have to alter your dreams anymore because the subconscious is basically being told. "I'm the boss around here. Not You" and will eventually give in and start producing good and healthy dreams and etc. Note however. That is technique is not advised to use for waking life experiences. As that can be dangerous. 

On 3/31/2020 at 12:52 AM, Eren said:

I recently had a dream that I was in my grandparents house, but it wasn't their house. It was some random guys house but I knew him in my dream. I kept getting cuts and it started on my arms and looked like self harm and ended up all over. Then on my back it said get out in cuts and other lines all over my back. There were other words on my arms in cuts but I don't quite remember what it said but does anyone know if this means anything/what it means?? // I'm very open to any explanation you may have weather it be religious, psychic, or psychological. 

I sometimes have dreams that incorporate something happening in my life, or something I saw on TV, etc.  How did you see your back in the dream?  were you watching in the dream like a movie, or was it happening to you? 

Edited by micahc

In some cases you can view your self in 3rd perspective and other perspectives in dreams. I prefer first person view. Don't really care much to look at myself. Unless I'm needing to o verify that I look like the character I want to look like. 

Edited by Mecha Wolf