Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 Nibiru

mattavich123

I thought i'd check out this Nibiru thing and 2012 to see why everyone is running scared. If people really believe it then it must be something tangible right?

Well I found a website and I go to about the 6th sentence and this is where I stopped reading.

"Where did this theory, conspiracy, prediction, prophecy, whatever you perceive it to be come about? The idea came about back in 1995 by a woman by the name of Nancy Lieder. Nancy supposedly had the ability to receive extra-terrestrial messages through an implant in her brain and states she was instructed to give a warning to mankind about Planet X Nibiru 2012."

Now i'm sure there are a few "believers" about 2012 on this forum, so can anyone give me a good reason why you believe this crap?

More openly, please convince me with some good evidence apart form some woman who receives extra terrestrial messages.

Lastly, why is it always some crazy person that god/ET always contacts? If they want to tell us something then tell just openly tell us, don't leave it to some half assed hippy! But then, that's the thing, if they did want to contact us, they probably would do something more practical, which is why Nibiru is just a fantasy in a lady's head.

----

My problem is, I get bored of looking for something new, fascinating and interesting and I find something that on the surface looks interesting and then I realize i'm expected t believe that this load of tripe is real. Are we really that pushed for something interesting that we need to fabricate such tripe.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShadowSot

• Aubrienne_Ellyrias

• TheSearcher

• mattavich123

Didn't see it.

yeah, I realized you're new. If I came off as gruff I'm sorry, but there really are a large number of discussions already about 2012 for you to look through.

yeah, I realized you're new. If I came off as gruff I'm sorry, but there really are a large number of discussions already about 2012 for you to look through.

Not to mention that the lady story is as silly as the idea itself of Niburu....there is simply no such planetoid heading our way in 2012.It's all nonsense scaremongering for two reasons.

Firstly scientists/astronomers would have detected it a long time ago..and before we cry conspiracy, the scientific community couldn't keep that a secret (not to scare humanity) for the simple reason there are a vast number of amateur astronomers. So thats a big no.

Secondly even to the average Joe...even a world wide telescope society pact couldn't hide the very obvious fact that at a distance of 12 month away it would be visible to the naked eye.....not only that but most probably the brightest object in the night sky.

So no Niburu !

Though that doesn't mean that a large asteroid say 1 kilometre in size couldn't hit us tomoro.

The truth of the matter is this....live your life and don't worry about nonsense,you should be more concerned with crossing the road safely than any Niburu.

Lastly..I see it echoed across forums of theis galactic plain and the earth crosses it and gets energy zapped from the centre of the milky way every 26,000 year...well that is nonsense too..as the earth passes through the galactic plain quite regular...I think the last time was 1975 and we are all still here !!

Not to mention that the lady story is as silly as the idea itself of Niburu....there is simply no such planetoid heading our way in 2012.It's all nonsense scaremongering for two reasons.

Firstly scientists/astronomers would have detected it a long time ago..and before we cry conspiracy, the scientific community couldn't keep that a secret (not to scare humanity) for the simple reason there are a vast number of amateur astronomers. So thats a big no.

Secondly even to the average Joe...even a world wide telescope society pact couldn't hide the very obvious fact that at a distance of 12 month away it would be visible to the naked eye.....not only that but most probably the brightest object in the night sky.

So no Niburu !

Though that doesn't mean that a large asteroid say 1 kilometre in size couldn't hit us tomoro.

The truth of the matter is this....live your life and don't worry about nonsense,you should be more concerned with crossing the road safely than any Niburu.

Lastly..I see it echoed across forums of theis galactic plain and the earth crosses it and gets energy zapped from the centre of the milky way every 26,000 year...well that is nonsense too..as the earth passes through the galactic plain quite regular...I think the last time was 1975 and we are all still here !!

besides for all that, what evidence do you have that this definitely will NOT happen?

The time when I got interested in Nibiru was while reading about Einstein's chum Immanuel Velikovsky. His basic argument was based on the idea of an electric universe. I like this part in particular but his evidence was based on using mythology to expain catastrophic events caused by an extra planetary body. He goes into quite a bit of detail and claims the orbit of Nibiru is 3,600 years. The last time it 'passed' by being the Exodus story. Dating of this alleged event and possibly the eruption of Thera are around 1600 bce but Veliskovsky chose a date of 1551 bce. Work it out?

I don't actually agree but it is a great story. If there is any truth to the Nibiru idea then maybe it is a dark sun rather than a planet x. Many star systems are binary. I don't know how many uninary (?) systems there are, maybe that is why our system supports intelligent life or maybe there is an invisible twin out there.

The piece of evidence generally used to support planet x is the distorted orbit of.. uh, I think it was Uranus but basically the orbit of the outer planets are not as scientists predict. There is a slight anomoly that suggests there may something with a strong gravotational field outside of the Kuiper Belt. Shadow can probably clear up all the arguments.

There is a slight anomoly that suggests there may something with a strong gravotational field outside of the Kuiper Belt. Shadow can probably clear up all the arguments.

Probably not. The only thing I can think you're talking about is a miscalculation that was done some time ago that has since been resolved.

This was about the orbit of Neptune and Uranus.

• 1 month later...

The time when I got interested in Nibiru was while reading about Einstein's chum Immanuel Velikovsky. His basic argument was based on the idea of an electric universe. I like this part in particular but his evidence was based on using mythology to expain catastrophic events caused by an extra planetary body. He goes into quite a bit of detail and claims the orbit of Nibiru is 3,600 years. The last time it 'passed' by being the Exodus story. Dating of this alleged event and possibly the eruption of Thera are around 1600 bce but Veliskovsky chose a date of 1551 bce. Work it out?

I don't actually agree but it is a great story. If there is any truth to the Nibiru idea then maybe it is a dark sun rather than a planet x. Many star systems are binary. I don't know how many uninary (?) systems there are, maybe that is why our system supports intelligent life or maybe there is an invisible twin out there.

The piece of evidence generally used to support planet x is the distorted orbit of.. uh, I think it was Uranus but basically the orbit of the outer planets are not as scientists predict. There is a slight anomoly that suggests there may something with a strong gravotational field outside of the Kuiper Belt. Shadow can probably clear up all the arguments.

Sounds like Nibiru is a substitute for Venus in Velikovsky's work.

Typical media infringement.

Lets not talk about the work of Velikovsky, just find some way out story

to cover the wild tales of the Cosmos.

Mass media control by the state goes back to Shakespeare being told to

author the Marlowe works as uncovered by Roberta Ballantine.

Tesla discovered the electric universe and Eric Lerner will never come

close unless understanding the Tesla discoveries. Since all that is

Tesla other than 60 cycles power is territory of agents working against

the understanding of gravity from electricity used by Tesla.

Supposedly, a planetary object will collide with Earth in 2012. NASA says no such object has been detected, however.

besides for all that, what evidence do you have that this definitely will NOT happen?

Like any of the other thousands of predictions you mean? Check this and then tell me http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

Fact is that if any object in the solar system were to collide with this planet earth we're on, specially if it was the size of a planetoid or planet, then it would be as visible as the nose on your face when you look in a mirror, to any amateur astronomer out there.

what? i never heard of a crazy lady :rofl:

but i dont know much on this, all i "thought" i knew, was tht it was a planet that scientists have been searching for, for years or somthing?? cus theres like an old sumerian artifact where it shows what looks pefectly like our galaxy except theres another planet, an extra one "planet x" or nibiru..

either tht or i need to look up on this some more lol i know read about it somewhere a while back ago.

what? i never heard of a crazy lady :rofl:

but i dont know much on this, all i "thought" i knew, was tht it was a planet that scientists have been searching for, for years or somthing?? cus theres like an old sumerian artifact where it shows what looks pefectly like our galaxy except theres another planet, an extra one "planet x" or nibiru..

either tht or i need to look up on this some more lol i know read about it somewhere a while back ago.

http://www.exitmundi.nl/Planet-X.htm

I believe you were referring to that.

yeah it was Mulder thnx =] but this person is talking about something else then?

Well it's a bit complicated, the fictional planet called ‘Nibiru’ was proposed by a self-taught scholar of Sumerian cuneiform named Zecharia Sitchin. He wrote a few books about it. Pure fringe nonsense.

A bit later, came along Nancy Lieder (the above mentioned crazy lady). In 1995, Nancy Lieder began posting on Usenet, including the groups sci.astro and alt.alien.visitors. In September of 1995 she posted a lengthy rant that Comet Hale-Bopp didn't really exist, but rather that it was "… a fraud, perpetrated by those who would have the teeming masses quiescent until it is too late." and warning about "the 12th planet". Shortly thereafter she renamed the object "Planet X", and since then the term "Planet X" has been associated with Lieder's fictional object.

What happened then was, that the two kinda meshed and mingled, so that now, when people talk about Nibiru and Planet X, they basically talk about the same thing.

If you want check out this Wiki page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_collision, it explains it well enough.