Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

lateral Thinking Riddles

LucidElement

I Enjoy these it's tough to find good ones out there and I've heard quite a few. If you know any please pot them here. I'll start.. "a banker is laying dead at his desk with a gun in his hand a bullet hole to the head. Next to him is a tapeecorder. As the police come in to examine the scene they look at everything and believe he shot himself. The detective pushes play on the recorder and the bankers voice says "I can not live with myself any longer, followed by a gunshot" ... As the paramedics were about to take the body away the detective said "this is a murder not a suicide"....how did he know? ??

I'll post answer later but please post any lateral riddles like that if you have any. Thanks

Not sure if this fits exactlybut close enough I figure:

What´s greater than God

More feared than the Devil

The rich want it

The poor have it

And if you eat it, you wiill die?

What´s greater than God

The rich want it

The poor have it

Nothing - or Brussel sprouts.

• Like 5

I Enjoy these it's tough to find good ones out there and I've heard quite a few. If you know any please pot them here. I'll start.. "a banker is laying dead at his desk with a gun in his hand a bullet hole to the head. Next to him is a tapeecorder. As the police come in to examine the scene they look at everything and believe he shot himself. The detective pushes play on the recorder and the bankers voice says "I can not live with myself any longer, followed by a gunshot" ... As the paramedics were about to take the body away the detective said "this is a murder not a suicide"....how did he know? ??

I'll post answer later but please post any lateral riddles like that if you have any. Thanks

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but someone must have rewound the tape...doubt if the banker did it (unless maybe his ghost did lol).

Eta: And the rewinder was the murderer?

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 4

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but someone must have rewound the tape...doubt if the banker did it (unless maybe his ghost did lol).

Eta: And the rewinder was the murderer?

Or someone stopped the recorder.

• Like 1

Or someone stopped the recorder.

But if someone stopped the recorder, it wouldn't have started playing where he started recording, right? I was thinking maybe he recorded, then rewound to where he started speaking, but after re-reading the puzzle, this is evidently impossible because after he says "I cannot live with myself any longer", there is the sound of a gunshot. I don't think too many people would shoot themselves then rewind meticulously to the beginning of their suicide speech.

• Like 1

What´s greater than God

The rich want it

The poor have it

Government cheese?

• 2 weeks later...

What 2 common household items can be used to make a functioning rocket??? (Also on status updates.)

Is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister?

Trick question, the man is dead, so I guess not.

IF a passenger Jet crashes directly on the border of Mex and the US.....where do U bury the survivors???

Trick question, the man is dead, so I guess not.

IF a passenger Jet crashes directly on the border of Mex and the US.....where do U bury the survivors???

Correct :)

You don't bury them, they survived the crash!

How many grooves are there on an old LP record?

• Like 1

A blind beggar had a brother who died. What relation was the blind beggar to the brother who died? It's not brother.

Edited by rashore

A hunter leaves his camp and walks 5 mi. due South, then he walks 4 mi. due West, and shoots and kills a bear.....and he is still 5 mi. due South of his camp.

What color is the bear?

Edited by scorpiosonic

A hunter leaves his camp and walks 5 mi. due South, then he walks 4 mi. due West, and shoots and kills a bear.....and he is still 5 mi. due South of his camp.

What color is the bear?

White, his camp is at the north pole.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, i totally spaced this. YES it was because the tape recorder was re-wound when the detective pushed play. Therefore, someone had to rewind the tape..... ok how about this one?

There is a small town in the midwest with exactly 2 barbershops, one on each side of town. The barbershop on the west side of town is pristine. Its floors are spotless, the windows are always perfectly clear, and the air always smells fresh. The barber has a friendly smile, shined shoes, a well-groomed head of hair, and a fancy shirt. The barbershop on the east side of town is a mess. Its floors and windows are dirty, and the air smells of garbage. The barber always has a grimace on his face. His skin is oily, his hair is short and ragged, and he has food on his clothes all the time.

A man travelling through the town realizes he needs a haircut. Knowing the stories of the two barbers, the man decides to go to the dirty barbershop on the east side of town. Why does he do this?

• Like 1

What 2 common household items can be used to make a functioning rocket??? (Also on status updates.)

Vinegar and baking soda!

A man travelling through the town realizes he needs a haircut. Knowing the stories of the two barbers, the man decides to go to the dirty barbershop on the east side of town. Why does he do this?

Assuming that each barber cuts the other's hair, he goes to the one that does the better work! :)

• Like 1

exactly hugh!

• Like 1

Two train tracks run parallel except for a spot where they go under a tunnel. The tunnel is not wide enough to accommodate both tracks, so they become a single track for the distance of the tunnel.

One afternoon a train entered the tunnel going in one direction, and another train entered the same tunnel going the opposite direction. Both trains were going at top speed, yet there was no collision. Explain.

Not at the exact same time.

Nibs

• Like 1