Photo

Is there an afterlife, a conversation (full debate)

Posted by markdohle , 02 March 2013 · 715 views

StarMountainKid
Mar 02 2013 07:06 PM
I enjoyed the video. Some things that were said that I liked:
"There is a wonder of which we are an expression which is not reducible to knowledge."
"Everyone has great clarity about the god they don't believe in."
"Are you not surprised that you are alive?"
"There could be an afterlife with no god."
It was great.  Even though I am a christian, I love Hitchens, no one can debate like he can.  I liked all of them, and I am starting to enjoy Sam Harris more as well.  The two Jews were also very good, especially the one on the end, he had a lot of Wisdom.

Peace
mark

StarMountainKid
Mar 03 2013 01:45 AM
Why do I always cringe when someone calls someone else "a Jew"? I suppose this is a correct way to describe someone of the Jewish faith, but but it always sounds to me like a slur.

Maybe it's just me from hearing prejudiced people talk.

I remember in some Woody Allen film, at a dinner party some woman turned to Allen after he has spoken, and said, "you're a real Jew, aren't you." She didn't mean it as a condemnation, just as a harmless acknowledgement, but Allen took it as an insult, or at least he wasn't sure of her motivation in saying that.
I can understand that, since as you say it is often used in a way that is prejuiced.  I have always had a deep love and respect for the Jewish people, they have contributed much to the world by their deep insights and intellect.

peace
mark

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    aria7
    20 Sep 2014 - 15:49
  • Photo